Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I would like to know if the following come standard with the GLC 250? I can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

1. 360 deg camera (activated when reversing)
  2. keyless entry (i.e. only need to touch the door handle to lock/unlock the car)

Also, I've only driven Japanese cars where the turn signal lever is on the right, and the wiper lever is on the left. I noticed that this car is designed differently (even compared to other European cars like BMW). Here, it's both the turn signal and wiper controls on the same lever on the left, and the gear stick on the right (instead of on the centre console). Was it difficult for anyone to get used to the change? And how do you control the front/back wipers and turn signal on the same lever?

Finally, is it possible to push the backseat head rest all the way down so it's almost level with the backseat body? It's possible in my current car (Vezel), and I prefer to have minimal obstruction to my view through the rear windscreen.

Sorry for all the questions!

↡ Advertisement

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I would like to know if the following come standard with the GLC 250? I can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

• 360 deg camera (activated when reversing)
  • keyless entry (i.e. only need to touch the door handle to lock/unlock the car)
Also, I've only driven Japanese cars where the turn signal lever is on the right, and the wiper lever is on the left. I noticed that this car is designed differently (even compared to other European cars like BMW). Here, it's both the turn signal and wiper controls on the same lever on the left, and the gear stick on the right (instead of on the centre console). Was it difficult for anyone to get used to the change? And how do you control the front/back wipers and turn signal on the same lever?

Finally, is it possible to push the backseat head rest all the way down so it's almost level with the backseat body? It's possible in my current car (Vezel), and I prefer to have minimal obstruction to my view through the rear windscreen.

Sorry for all the questions!

360 cam is not a standard only the rear view is. (PI)

Keyless entry also not a standard although the AMG line would almost always hv it (PI)

Takes just a week or two to get used to with regards to the turn signal stalks

I hv no issues switching between German and Jap cars .

Your mind adjusts quicker than you think but in the early stages, you may still mess up every now and then.

Takes a bit longer to get used to hving no gearstick as your left hand would automatically reach out for it only to find nothing. Happened to me, as my previous 9 cars all had gearsticks.

You wont find yourself hving to control turn signal and wipers all at the same time so no worries

Front wipers operate with a twist of the knob on the stalk

Rear wipers with a small lever on the stalk

Backseat headrest can be lowered but not pushed so low as your vezel.

No, it doest block vision. More than enough view, no need to worry at all whatsoever.

Above all my personal experiences although i am medically proven to have superior psycho motor skills than the average guy since young.

Very easy to drive a GLC overall

My wife does it well too.

Her previous car was a Vezel.

Good luck in moving onto to Contis

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 3

Solved by lowering the seat further :-)

Now can just sit first and then move the legs in!

I would say lowering the seat to allow older folks to sit down facing out then turning right tucking both legs inside the car is a neater solution & preferred over a sedan which may be too low for them to bend down.
  • Praise 1

Did you guys opt for the running board (sidestep) for GLC?

Heard this will make you need to step out further, and during rainy days the water collected there will make the pants near ankle wet.

Curious to see your experiences on this

360 cam is not a standard only the rear view is. (PI)

Keyless entry also not a standard although the AMG line would almost always hv it (PI)

Takes just a week or two to get used to with regards to the turn signal stalks

I hv no issues switching between German and Jap cars .

Your mind adjusts quicker than you think but in the early stages, you may still mess up every now and then.

[...]

Wow, thanks for your reply! This really puts my mind more at ease in switching to a Conti car.

Although keyless entry not being a standard is a bit disappointing, because I find it to be one of the most useful features in Vezel, and would have thought that a car with a higher price range would have it too. It was one of the reasons I decided to look more into the GLC 250 instead of the GLC 200, because I read a couple of reviews that said the GLC 200 didn't have it.

Heard this will make you need to step out further, and during rainy days the water collected there will make the pants near ankle wet.

Ai swee mai mia

Useful for my pri skool kid to get in and out of the car himself for a relatively taller than sedans vehicle. 

For me I never step on it unless I am washing my car to reach the roof. 

After a while, you will get used to it and develop a system to get out of the  car quickly without even touching the running board. Of course I think you need to be at least 1.7m and normal bmi to be able to do that suavely. 

Big negative is getting out when you are parked close to the wall or pillar, the running board narrows the space you have to squeeze out of the car even more. 

It's same as those who lowered their car so much, damn stable at high speed and cornering shiok. When it comes to slope and humps they become turtle... Doing u glam zig-zag 

Movements to clear....  :D

As what Throttle2 said... Ai swee mai mia..... 

• Praise 1

Ai swee mai mia

Tio liao!  [laugh]

Big negative is getting out when you are parked close to the wall or pillar, the running board narrows the space you have to squeeze out of the car even more. 

Hmm this one is true, some HDB carpark is very narrow 

Wow, thanks for your reply! This really puts my mind more at ease in switching to a Conti car.

Although keyless entry not being a standard is a bit disappointing, because I find it to be one of the most useful features in Vezel, and would have thought that a car with a higher price range would have it too. It was one of the reasons I decided to look more into the GLC 250 instead of the GLC 200, because I read a couple of reviews that said the GLC 200 didn't have it.

I thought i saw KEYLESS GO at GLC200 spec list, so I was assuming it is the keyless entry.

I thought i saw KEYLESS GO at GLC200 spec list, so I was assuming it is the keyless entry.

Keyless Go does seem to mean both keyless entry and keyless start. The reviews I read were from Malaysia, so maybe the ones in Singapore have them? And there's also a difference between what C&C offers and what PI offers?

Tio liao! [laugh]

Hmm this one is true, some HDB carpark is very narrow

Friend, GLC drivers no go HDB carpark... hahaha Edited by flashbang

Friend, GLC drivers no go HDB carpark... hahaha

GLC Drivers, even if they don’t stay in HDB, they still have friends who do, no?

Lots of nice food places need to park in HDB carpark too.

• Praise 1

Useful for my pri skool kid to get in and out of the car himself for a relatively taller than sedans vehicle.

For me I never step on it unless I am washing my car to reach the roof.

After a while, you will get used to it and develop a system to get out of the car quickly without even touching the running board. Of course I think you need to be at least 1.7m and normal bmi to be able to do that suavely.

It's same as those who lowered their car so much, damn stable at high speed and cornering shiok. When it comes to slope and humps they become turtle... Doing u glam zig-zag

Movements to clear.... :D

As what Throttle2 said... Ai swee mai mia.....

I put my seat position quite high... so have to using the stepping board to get in and out of the car.

I feel that the running boards complete the GLC look.

Individual taste though.

GLC Drivers, even if they donât stay in HDB, they still have friends who do, no?

Lots of nice food places need to park in HDB carpark too.

Joking la haha... nowadays carpark also damn small cos cars getting wider. Even worse when the other guy can't park properly.

Keyless Go is Keyless Start (push start button) enhanced with keyless entry. 

C&C will be careful not to misrepresent in their GLC 200 spec list.

PI, I will not be so sure.... Anything that can make the car specification appear more attractive than what it really is they will do. 

Said many times in the forum, do your homework before buying... Not after. 

Keyless Go does seem to mean both keyless entry and keyless start. The reviews I read were from Malaysia, so maybe the ones in Singapore have them? And there's also a difference between what C&C offers and what PI offers?

Lol. The side steps have one way sign meh? Worst case just use the steps to alight loh. Hahaha. Edited by Douglam

Why need to step further? Means the person not using the running board as a step thus having to stretch all the way out.

I won't get it as don't think it is needed. Alot of are people having troubles getting in and out of SUVs because of the wrong "method" for short people the normal sedan way won't work.

The running board if metal (not sure on the glc) will burn the back of your calf under the sun and in the rain will dirty your pants.

↡ Advertisement