Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

(edited)

Did any of you get a "Check Brake Pad Wear" message at about 25,000km?

Mine just came up, and wondering how long more would brake pad last.

If 25,000km too short for brake pad to wear out?

Same at around 25k

Actually i think its about right

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement

KNNBCCB

Some b**tard stole my front AMG chrome trim( right)

Fuccking shithead!

Fierce!  Didn't know trim people also want to kapok :-(

Same at around 25k

Actually i think its about right

Noted.  Did you swap it out or drag till next servicing?  Went for stock MB pads?

Fierce! Didn't know trim people also want to kapok :-(

Noted. Did you swap it out or drag till next servicing? Went for stock MB pads?

Same time service.

Used original Mb pads.

In my opinion, no need to use MB pads.

Many suitable ones out there.

Cheaper and as good

Just get OEM

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Did any of you get a "Check Brake Pad Wear" message at about 25,000km?

Mine just came up, and wondering how long more would brake pad last.

If 25,000km too short for brake pad to wear out?

Mine 25.4k km

No sign yet

Maybe long distance driving

But 25k km a little fast (in my standard)

Maybe big car

• Praise 4

Mine 25.4k km

No sign yet

Maybe long distance driving

But 25k km a little fast (in my standard)

Maybe big car

Yes makes a difference

Mine is basically all start stop driving

Same time service.

Used original Mb pads.

In my opinion, no need to use MB pads.

Many suitable ones out there.

Cheaper and as good

Just get OEM

Thanks for the comments guys.  Appreciate it.

Swapped my brake pads today.  $280 for a pair for rear wheels.  Front seemed ok.

Mine also similar, more city than highway driving.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, 

I have a question, anyone know where is the air inlet to the car aircon? we have the option to have internal circulation and have air coming in from outside of car. I just like to find out where is that air inlet.

Supercharged

Hi guys, 

I have a question, anyone know where is the air inlet to the car aircon? we have the option to have internal circulation and have air coming in from outside of car. I just like to find out where is that air inlet.

not sure about other cars but mine is sucking air from the area/gap between the windscreen and bonnet where the wipers are located

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a second hand seven & a half year old Merc E200 7G. I recently had it serviced at Kompressor Motor in Kaki Bukit and I found the owner & mechanic Mr Mohd Ali to be a great mechanic who did a great job on my car. He was very professional and informative and helped me saved quite a bit as I had to change my front and back shock absorbers as well as my transmission oil which the dealer told me his workshop changed but in actual did not. Secondly, he knew I needed the car early the next day so he worked on the car till about 11pm so I could collect it at about 11.30pm after work.

That for me says it all about Ali and I highly recommend him for anyone who needs a good and trustworthy mechanic to take care of your car.

Thanks again Ali for a job well done!

Terence  

KNNBCCB

Some b**tard stole my front AMG chrome trim( right)

Fuccking shithead!

Got the part from Min Ghee to replace.

$80 including gst

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a second hand seven & a half year old Merc E200 7G. I recently had it serviced at Kompressor Motor in Kaki Bukit and I found the owner & mechanic Mr Mohd Ali to be a great mechanic who did a great job on my car. He was very professional and informative and helped me saved quite a bit as I had to change my front and back shock absorbers as well as my transmission oil which the dealer told me his workshop changed but in actual did not. Secondly, he knew I needed the car early the next day so he worked on the car till about 11pm so I could collect it at about 11.30pm after work.

That for me says it all about Ali and I highly recommend him for anyone who needs a good and trustworthy mechanic to take care of your car.

Thanks again Ali for a job well done!

Terence  

Bro Terence, 

your post seems too real / legit to be true, your very first post you sing praise for this workshop, are you related to him?

dun mind, can show some proof of ownership of your Mercs E200 7G and also the Service Report Receipt ? 

with all due respect to this workshop, I have never hear before this workshop name in any Merc chat group / forumn....

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Would like to find out the fuel consumption for most GLC250 drivers here. The specs given for GLC250 is around 7L per 100km and maybe for urban driving about 8.5L per 100km. Factor in heavy footed driving probably 9.5L per 100km. So far most of the time I am only able to achieve on average 13L to 14L per 100km and that is light footed driving in ECO mode. My car is stock with no mods to the ECU and less than 5000km mileage.

I use shell 98 fuel and 19 inch wheels.

Having driven C and E class, the specs and actual fuel consumption doesn't differ that much.

Appreciate some thoughts why actual fuel consumption is so much difference compared to on paper.

Thanks

Twincharged

Bro Terence, 

your post seems too real / legit to be true, your very first post you sing praise for this workshop, are you related to him?

dun mind, can show some proof of ownership of your Mercs E200 7G and also the Service Report Receipt ? 

with all due respect to this workshop, I have never hear before this workshop name in any Merc chat group / forumn....

aiyo..... kompressor auto has been around for a long time.

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it.

Swapped my brake pads today. $280 for a pair for rear wheels. Front seemed ok.

Mine also similar, more city than highway driving.

Did you replace at cnc or outside? If it's agent pricing it's very affordable for this cat of car.

Neutral Newbie

GLC250 weighs in at 1.7+ tonnes, it’s 4matic plus higher drag coefficient compared to sedans.

My F/C overall is 11.2L/100km for 20000+km

Shell 95, SUV AMG Line stock

Thanks for sharing. Yes, the kerb weight for the GLC250 is around 1.7x tonnes but an E class is also around 1.6x tonnes. Drag coefficient, wheel size, EO, driving behaviour aside.  I see no reason why a GLC250 (stock condition) is unable to achieve anything less than 10L / 100km based on the specifications given. So far, based on those I have asked, unfortunately none of them is able to achieve this figure on a single full tank. 

Specs provided by Mercedes = 

E200 4matic (1.6x tonnes) - Specs = 8.9 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

GLC 4matic (1.7x tonnes) - Specs = 8.7 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

Looking at above, even if we factor in 20% of error, i think most E200 4matic drivers will share that they are OK to achieve 10L / 100km or less on a single full tank. 

However, GLC 4matic drivers - most will struggle to even be close to 11L / 100km on a full tank. 

Wonder if any others can share their experience. 

Thanks

Looking at above, even if we factor in 20% of error, i think most E200 4matic drivers will share that they are OK to achieve 10L / 100km or less on a single full tank. 

However, GLC 4matic drivers - most will struggle to even be close to 11L / 100km on a full tank. 

Wonder if any others can share their experience. 

Thanks

There is no error involved, there are only lies, damned lies and vehicle fuel efficiency specs.

My previous E-class was doing mostly 13.5L/100km and at best 12.5L/100km when I drive less aggressively. My engine was bigger at 2.5L but it was also 1.6+ tonnes, which is one of the main determining factor. With 4matic and higher drag coefficient, SUV should be less efficient compared to E-class.

So if I am getting 11L/100km for a GLC, I would be quite happy already. Since you are driving a Merc, don't think so much about the fuel efficiency already.

↡ Advertisement