Doctor Awol from SAF to go study medicine?

Little_prince

post-34895-0-13543600-1434338663.png

this must be the dumbest doctor i've ever seen. Cambridge no less.

but I think that there's probably that this is not the whole story.... i wonder what juicy story is behind it.

kinda reminds me of the case of the president scholar that got court martial and discharged from SAF.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

I think the likely reason is that school was starting yet he can't get away from NS. If he didn't go for the course on time, he might have to forgo the chance of studying in a prestigious institute.

• Praise 2

mean he has to go back to army to serve another 18 months? :huh:

should be 18+1 =19 mths

18 months only the DB. plus need to repay the 1 month that he owe SAF

• Praise 1

I think the likely reason is that school was starting yet he can't get away from NS. If he didn't go for the course on time, he might have to forgo the chance of studying in a prestigious institute.

i thought for MO/medicine course can always defer?

Hypersonic

i thought for MO/medicine course can always defer?

He's not going to be MO unless he went through OCS conversion course. That would be early in his NS life but he only left with one month so I don't think SAF will consider him for MO.

However, I don't understand why he didn't defer. I could defer 3 months for my uni...

(edited)

hmm.

interesting read

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/press_room/official_releases/ps/2011/19oct11_ps.html#.VX5IEPmqqko

From 1992, disruption for overseas medical studies was no longer allowed as the number of local medical graduates met SAF's needs.

probably this was why he chose to awol...

In 1990, an exceptionally bright pre-enlistee entered University at age 14 and was accepted into a PhD course in Cambridge before he was due for enlistment. MINDEF allowed him to defer his NS until he completed his PhD at the age of 21.

wow. i wonder who was this tok gong kia.... how come by now pap still haven't call him back to be minister. lol

Edited by Little_prince

He's not going to be MO unless he went through OCS conversion course. That would be early in his NS life but he only left with one month so I don't think SAF will consider him for MO.

However, I don't understand why he didn't defer. I could defer 3 months for my uni...

typically from what i know, those doc that did not defer to study locally, usually after completing their studies, they will be sent for MO conversion course during ICT. regardless of previous vocation.

i knew a guy that was a PES C clerk in NS, when i met him during reservist he already cpt as MO. lol. dun ask me how pes C go ocs

Hypersonic

hmm.

interesting read

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/press_room/official_releases/ps/2011/19oct11_ps.html#.VX5IEPmqqko

probably this was why he chose to awol...

wow. i wonder who was this tok gong kia.... how come by now pap still haven't call him back to be minister. lol

The 1992 rule means long term disruption of more than a year. Short ones like 1-3 months should be ok

Hypersonic

typically from what i know, those doc that did not defer to study locally, usually after completing their studies, they will be sent for MO conversion course during ICT. regardless of previous vocation.

i knew a guy that was a PES C clerk in NS, when i met him during reservist he already cpt as MO. lol. dun ask me how pes C go ocs

Conversion course for MO is very easy one.

The 1992 rule means long term disruption of more than a year. Short ones like 1-3 months should be ok

ya that's true. i know a few poly batch that went uni also disrupted 3 mths. then go back to serve during school holidays.

I think he should have appealed and asked to be released early. I think SAF should not have been so strict with this ORD date. To miss this chance to study in Cambridge is a huge missed opportunity.

He should have continued working there and renounced the Singapore citizenship. Why risk coming back?

I am not sure if being detained creates a black mark on your future career in Singapore.

muz be a cbk that nobuddy in camp likes

i think so too

people get disruption to go uni 3 momths (me included)

this guy cant get a month?

i believe mindef more than this joker

DB! [pause] DB! allllllllllll the way!!!

We like it here!! We like it here!!

We found outswelves a home!! [pause]

A home!! [pause] A home sweet home!! [laugh]

• Praise 3

(edited)

Still better than someone son keep deferring cos of PHD studies.... [lipsrsealed]:gangs:

This doctor at least served 23 months .... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

research sceintist? [sly]

107736-Morpheus-he-is-the-one-meme-Im-lc

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 2

It takes a certain personality to survive well in saf.

btw you are able to defer even 1 yr 3 mths before ORD.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2