Drivers cutting across chevrons/double white lines

flashbang

I notice there are quite a few drivers who like to cut across chevrons or double white lines when their lane is congested but the adjacent lane is free. Personally it irritates me as you don't expect people to be cutting into your lane at those places, not to mention it's a traffic offence. What do you think?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I notice there are quite a few drivers who like to cut across chevrons or double white lines when their lane is congested but the adjacent lane is free. Personally it irritates me as you don't expect people to be cutting into your lane at those places, not to mention it's a traffic offence. What do you think?

Meh. The ironic thing is that it hardly ever confers an advantage to the miscreant. This morning was a case in point, I arrived at the next junction right behind a car that could't wait 1 minute for an obstruction to clear and pulled an heroic overtake and cut across double white maneuver [laugh] while I chilled out in 100% legal safety. She then failed to stop for a pedestrian at the next zebra crossing.

It'll catch up with them in time.

• Praise 7

(edited)

Install cam in ur car, be the new TP, submit those jokers to the Authority

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Install cam in ur car, be the new TP, submit those jokers to the Authority

Actually my car cam has captured quite a lot, my daily trip to office, will always come across such roads.

I will need to send to TP on a daily basis.....if I really need to send in the report.

I think I will write in to TP to install camera there.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 2

Should get a TP to stand along Braddell road, coming down from the flyover towards Toa Payoh/Bishan. Everyday without fail there will be at least 1 guy who cuts the chevrons/double white line there.

Should get a TP to stand along Braddell road, coming down from the flyover towards Toa Payoh/Bishan. Everyday without fail there will be at least 1 guy who cuts the chevrons/double white line there.

Actually just 2 a day can cover overheads already. Should station one guy full time.

I have seen TP on the overhead bridge but very rare. They'd rather station along Lornie road, more fishes to catch.

There is a TP everyday on the overhead bridge there, but he is more interested in speeding offences.

You don't see them doesn't mean they're not there. Just be careful when driving there. Do not speed there in the daytime.

I have seen TP on the overhead bridge but very rare. They'd rather station along Lornie road, more fishes to catch.

anyone familiar with the philip street into church street there??

i just want to say i think that the double white line is ridiculous during peak hr traffic...

There is a TP everyday on the overhead bridge there, but he is more interested in speeding offences.

You don't see them doesn't mean they're not there. Just be careful when driving there. Do not speed there in the daytime.

I guess you must be the TP! [:p]

I don't speed there, kena once before already. I always drive at 70km/h from that point onwards till Lornie road.

I have an acquaintance working at the industrial estate there. Almost every morning he will see TP on the overhead bridge hiding in a corner,

And no, I'm not the TP, just took that road frequently enough in my previous job to know that area is very "hot". [laugh]

I guess you must be the TP! [:p]

I don't speed there, kena once before already. I always drive at 70km/h from that point onwards till Lornie road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1