Mazda CX-3

Alheych

Supersonic

B&B car dealers won't bring in diesel coz buyers of B&B cars won't fork out the extra diesel tax. Volvo on the other hand is premium brand...you get the idea.

but wouldnt the breakeven come early, given that its 1.5 only and not the 2.2. $1.30 Vs $2.40 + better fuel economy, city driving torque.

In the past, based on $1.25 per cc, breakeven at 30k mileage. But now at 40cts, its just 10k mileage.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

I think the other problem with diesel B&B cars is the bad image diesel has among most common drivers among SGP

Then there is the DPF regen issue

Turbocharged

my friend...u need to keep updated la....the latest one coming is Vitara 2015..

Vitara? I know about the Vitara, but it doesn't seem like related discussion to me.

We have three problems bringing the Vitara into the discussion - firstly you brought Suzuki up randomly, a HR-V is not a Suzuki. Secondly, it's a larger class than the Vezel or CX-3. The SX-4 is the more direct competitor. Thirdly, the Vitara is probably going to cost more than $150k. Hardly an equivalent.

Vitara? I know about the Vitara, but it doesn't seem like related discussion to me.

We have three problems bringing the Vitara into the discussion - firstly you brought Suzuki up randomly, a HR-V is not a Suzuki. Secondly, it's a larger class than the Vezel or CX-3. The SX-4 is the more direct competitor. Thirdly, the Vitara is probably going to cost more than $150k. Hardly an equivalent.

Do you mean the Suzuki S-cross instead? SX-4 is a much older model which belongs to the hatchback segment. Suzuki S-cross is the one that belongs to the compact SUV class much like Vezel, CX-3 or Qashqai

Turbocharged

Do you mean the Suzuki S-cross instead? SX-4 is a much older model which belongs to the hatchback segment. Suzuki S-cross is the one that belongs to the compact SUV class much like Vezel, CX-3 or Qashqai

Yes, SX-4 S-Cross. Well, local marketing name is just "S-Cross" but I'm accustomed to thinking of it as the "SX-4 S-Cross".

I think the other problem with diesel B&B cars is the bad image diesel has among most common drivers among SGP

Then there is the DPF regen issue

That time Mazda sales manager told me it is because the diesel variant cannot use Malaysia fuel. Their jap office warranty won't cover. Hence their reluctance to bring in.

Dunno how true

Turbocharged

That time Mazda sales manager told me it is because the diesel variant cannot use Malaysia fuel. Their jap office warranty won't cover. Hence their reluctance to bring in.

Dunno how true

sounds legit. Jaguar also recommend don't use malaysian diesel. Their quality not the same as ours.

Jaguar say should carry extra fuel tank only if you really have to since the car's 800+++km range is sure enough to go up north and come back.

Since SkyActiv engines rely on high quality fuel and precise combustion conditions I'm not surprised if what this sales manager told you is true. But then the 2.2L SkyActiv D is available in CX-5 FL, wonder why not in MZ6 FL?

these small "SUVs" are just uncomfortable to sit in. Not much leg room, can only sit straight up.

Can't understand the appeal honestly other than a higher riding position.

Turbocharged

not grand vitara, not sx4, not s-cross...it is the new vitara...coming third quarter this year. it is compact.

Another small SUV coming is the Ssangyong Tivoli.

CX3 coming later part of the year.

Seems this new Vitara is even shorter than the SX-4 S-Cross at 4175mm. Up to now I'd been thinking it's on the larger side. Interesting.

My bad!

Saw the new cx-3 on the road in Christchurch last week. Vezel and Qashqai look much better. Moreover, cx-3 looks tiny.

Wonder how much will it cost in Singapore. probably close to mazda5 price?

Couldn't wait for this. Car will be 10 years old before this was released. But then I was expecting this to be nearer in size to M3. But it's s raised M2. Cheh. Otoh cx5 is not in proportion in size and price to M3. Dunno why like that. Cx5 would sell better if it were a crossover M3 imo.

Where Mz is concerned, I am more curious on when they will bring in models using the 1.5 Sky Diesel. 103hp/252nm.

This engine can plonk into a lot of useful applications to fight the wowo D2 series.

Where Mz is concerned, I am more curious on when they will bring in models using the 1.5 Sky Diesel. 103hp/252nm.

This engine can plonk into a lot of useful applications to fight the wowo D2 series.

Awaiting CX3 to reach our little red dot , the style is so much better than vezel IMHO

↡ Advertisement