Guinness World Records for most pulls up in a minute

Ender

I struggled with about 9-10 as well.

Now can't even do 1 lol.

If i have to guess, h [laugh] e's a dragon boater LOL.

I better than u. :a-fun:

BMT days - zero

Unit days - eight max cos silver standard requires eight only

Now - one (under arm method)

i think this is stricter than saf standard. saf standard still can swing the body to and fro a bit but this one requires body to be fully straight.

actually, at all the reservist ippts i have attended, all those tested doing half f-ed pull ups lah. if really count strictly (no jerk, no jumping, arms fully extended), average is at most 3.

My time, 90's, mount the bar liao, must hang there. PTI say go then can start chin-up. Time starts when hanging on the bar. Elbows must be fully striaghten otherwise no count.

Swinging, kicking or frog style, all no count.

↡ Advertisement

I better than u. :a-fun:

BMT days - zero

Unit days - eight max cos silver standard requires eight only

Now - one (under arm method)

My time, 90's, mount the bar liao, must hang there. PTI say go then can start chin-up. Time starts when hanging on the bar. Elbows must be fully striaghten otherwise no count.

Swinging, kicking or frog style, all no count.

Haha i was in PTP before i did BMT. Zero when i enlisted (actually i could do 2-3 when i was in sec school but didn't bother to exercise in JC).

Yes I'm underarm method only. Max i can do is about 7 with overhang (when i was at my peak fitness post BMT).

Yeah. I thought exam no need. I actually did 2 pullups with "no count" during my final NAPFA test in BMT (die die must pass one or else recourse) cos i thought exam no need to ask for permission. I still managed to pass with 6 but really sweat man. Cos i max could do 8 then.

Turbocharged

While he's a strong dude, never fully extend. Not counted by SAF standards.

i think he fully extend liao. maybe his biceps and arms a bit too thick and give the illusion he did not fully extend.

i think he fully extend liao. maybe his biceps and arms a bit too thick and give the illusion he did not fully extend.

No i don't think his elbows are fully extended.

I'm not saying he can't do a lot of pullups, he should still be easily about 20+ to 30 pullups type.

It's just that 1-2 cm which is the hardest for your muscle to overcome. He chose this super wide arm hold not because his muscles is the strongest at this point, it's because it's the easiest for him to do more pullups.

Simple logic will dictate that your muscles are at it's strongest when you are pulling in a straighter axis than what he's doing.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I'm not saying he can't do a lot of pullups, he should still be easily about 20+ to 30 pullups type.

It's just that 1-2 cm which is the hardest for your muscle to overcome. He chose this super wide arm hold not because his muscles is the strongest at this point, it's because it's the easiest for him to do more pullups.

Simple logic will dictate that your muscles are at it's strongest when you are pulling in a straighter axis than what he's doing.

wider grip means less vertical distance to pull up mah.

Hypersonic

I just tried doing wide pull up for the 1st time after watch this. Can still do my usual numbers. Don't think it makes much different in term of numbers. But it does strain different sets of muscles.

• Praise 2

Also because, it's very easy to appear that your elbows are fully extended when they are not.

My instructors once forced my course mate to stop doing this method. As in fully extend before he can do the next one.

He could only do about 15-18 when he can usually do about 25 with this method.

I just tried doing wide pull up for the 1st time after watch this. Can still do my usual numbers. Don't think it makes much different in term of numbers. But it does strain different sets of muscles.

The bigger the muscle groups, the less the strain.

Most people can't do underhang too many as u only using power of your biceps femoris. Overhang uses your trapezius, biceps, lattismus dorsi and serratus anterior. Hence more efficient.

If u don't fully extend, u are utilising the fact that your biceps doesn't need "gear 1" to overcome the difficulty of contracting it at 0 degrees. Any muscle is hardest to contract when it's at its peak length.

• Praise 3

Also because, it's very easy to appear that your elbows are fully extended when they are not.

My instructors once forced my course mate to stop doing this method. As in fully extend before he can do the next one.

He could only do about 15-18 when he can usually do about 25 with this method.

The bigger the muscle groups, the less the strain.

Most people can't do underhang too many as u only using power of your biceps femoris. Overhang uses your trapezius, biceps, lattismus dorsi and serratus anterior. Hence more efficient.

If u don't fully extend, u are utilising the fact that your biceps doesn't need "gear 1" to overcome the difficulty of contracting it at 0 degrees. Any muscle is hardest to contract when it's at its peak length.

also, its the way you train and condition the muscles, ie, for size or strength?

• Praise 1

also, its the way you train and condition the muscles, ie, for size or strength?

True. World's strongest men competition very different from bodybuilding or dragonboaters lol.

Hypersonic

World's longest satay, world's largest cha cha dance -- and other Guinness World Records held by S'poreans-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/worlds-longest-satay-worlds-largest-cha-cha-dance-and-other-guinness-world-records

Singapore always go for those goofy world record, that nothing to be proud of. . This chin up is the only one with substance, but I got a feeling it will be broken soon.

• Praise 2

Yes, wider is easier.

Doing under-hang with both little fingers touching is the most difficult.

Because thats the max distance of the head to the bar.

• Praise 1

Wow....i can oni do 4 during my school days....go ns first day did 7....following morning during 5bx dont know what happened cos i felt a sharp pain in my chest area and struggled to do even 1....kana tekan for the nx 3 month and had to report early on a sunday for the bmt ippt test the nx day and surprisingly i could manage 9-10. Wasted my sunday siak!

Hypersonic

Another proud Guinness World Records from a Singaporean! Well done! [thumbsup]

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2015/6/video-watch-singaporean-daredevil-spin-upside-down-in-a-wind-tunnel-for-new-guin-381162

Watch Singaporean daredevil spin upside down in a wind tunnel for new Guinness World Records title

Most%20head%20spins%20in%20a%20wind%20tu
IFly Singapore achieved a new milestone in the history of indoor skydiving on 21 May 2015 by striking a set of impressive Guinness World Record titles, including most head spins in a wind tunnel in one minute.

To qualify as a head spin, Jonathon Loh Hui Jie (Singapore) had to rotate upside down with their head, neck and back straight and be as near to a 90 degree angle from the ground as possible. Once the wind tunnel had been set up to a speed of 200mph, Jonathon started to spin upside down solely using his body to propel itself.
After just 60 seconds, Jonathon achieved a breath-taking total of 50 complete revolutions, proving his spectacular skills at the centre of a wind tunnel to set a new Guinness World Records title.

The Singaporean daredevil works as an expert flight instructor at iFly Singapore, Asia's only indoor skydiving wind tunnel. Jonathan's record adds to the flight instruction teams record haul of ten titles, which includes Most 360 horizontal spins in a wind tunnel in one minute (team), Most passes through a hula hoop in a wind tunnel in one minute - team of two, Most skydivers in a wind tunnel, and the Longest indoor freefall.
In addition to iFly Singapore's fourth anniversary celebrations, the record attempt paid homage to the 50th birthday of the Southeast Asian island city state.

“With this record-breaking attempt, the local pro-flyers have done Singapore proud. They embody the same determination, perseverance and grit shown by our founding fathers in bringing our young nation this far.” Said Lawrence Koh, founder and managing director of iFly Singapore.

• Praise 1