Scrap Value for my Integra

Acema

Hi Guys,

My Integra is gonna due for scrap. Any ideas how much can the body fetch if i send it to those export dealers?

Maybe we can consolidate a list for easy reference on various model?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Scrapped my Tucson last week. Tried to use the Quotz service but when I called them their valuation was $300 below the paper value for a dealer to provide the "service".

Ended up just getting the pin from LTA and driving it to scrapyard at Benoi road myself. Bottom line is that for 2.0l and above scrapyard will give you $150.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Hi Guys,

My Integra is gonna due for scrap. Any ideas how much can the body fetch if i send it to those export dealers?

Maybe we can consolidate a list for easy reference on various model?

Thanks

Is Integra 2 doors.?If Sports car worth a bit more.

• Praise 2

Honda

JDM Accord - $400

Hyundai

Tucson - $0

Keep it coming!

Is Integra 2 doors.?If Sports car worth a bit more.

yup 2 door, but mine is the non "R".

Hypersonic
(edited)

Scrapped my Tucson last week. Tried to use the Quotz service but when I called them their valuation was $300 below the paper value for a dealer to provide the "service".

Ended up just getting the pin from LTA and driving it to scrapyard at Benoi road myself. Bottom line is that for 2.0l and above scrapyard will give you $150.

Huh? And they always claimed they can get a good price for car owners...kns.

There's 3 LTA appointed scrapyard dealers. What make you choose the one at Benoi bro?

LTA will send you a cheque bro?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

Huh? And they always claimed they can get a good price for car owners...kns.

There's 3 LTA appointed scrapyard dealers. What make you choose the one at Benoi bro?

LTA will send you a cheque bro?

It was the only one open on a saturday afternoon..

• Praise 1

Think the timing it was scraped or exported plays a part as well. Might want to state month, year as well as scrap or exported.

Not too sure about now but value of exported cars seems to have dropped. One year plus back, an altis can get about 1k plus for export.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Honda

JDM Accord - $400

Hyundai

Tucson - $0

Keep it coming!

yup 2 door, but mine is the non "R".

Maybe you can try those Sungei Kadut,those who strip cars for parts shop,Integra is a rare car,maybe they want it for certain market overseas.?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Was still thinking of finding Quotz when I scrap my car in Nov. Think better find one myself.

• Praise 1

Quotz r just the middleman that help u find dealer who willing to offer a price for ur metal.

PPL who let dealer scrap for u, is much of a convenient.. The scrap $$ now pretty bad cos there's a lot of car due this few years. Seriously no point putting up a price now cos maybe tmr or next week or next month, the price with drop another 100 or more..

• Praise 1

Try finding from those name cards that sometime they put on your windscreens

You might get a better price

Also depends on the model of your cars, if too many scrap, the scrap value will drop and depends on the demands overseas for the parts.

Quotz...... lousy leh, always give lower quote as the middleman also want some comm.

But once scrap, everything become worthy !

Haiz, think everyone needs to bring back some $$$ to feed family

my ex trajet gets only $120 for the damn heavy and lots of metal body

Worse is my friend trajet scrap the following month gets nothing for the body !

• Praise 1

Hi cmdsea,

sorry Quotz was unable to be of service to you. Can we just check if the scrapyard does the deregistration and encashment for you too? Or they just pay you $150 for the car body and the rest you have to do with LTA on your own?

If we are not wrong, you did mention that the vehicle had some mechanical issues. When we asked around with the dealers, no one wanted to take the vehicle. The only one that could do it offered 300 below paper, that was why we conveyed that offer to you.

It is quite true that for scrapping, prices might be higher if you were to drive down to the scrapyard on your own. However, please take note that not all scrapyards will buy the car with your paper value. In those cases, you will need to do the deregistration and encashment on your own. Not to say the parf value will take 1 to 2 months to come back to you. Also, taking into consideration the taxi fare home from the scrapyard and to LTA, plus the time wasted doing all these on your own, you will have to gauge if this is worth the effort.

We do try our best to provide our customers with the best price and service possible. However, we do appreciate your feedback and we will definitely improve on where we are lacking.

Thank you.

sgCarMart Quotz

Twincharged

same thing with a dealer who tried to pull a fast one on me. kept saying he will give me cash right away. LTA will only give you after 1-2months. well i rather wait for LTA than to let him earn!! only quoted me $150, which i sold myself on SGcarmart easily at $700 (3hr sale) above paper with 5mths left.

if $150 above paper with 5mths left. i rather let the car sit around. roadtax already paid and i could hardly get much back from cancelling insurance early anyway. parking is free too. so let it sit la... i hate these dealers trying to make it sound they are helping you when they want to make a quick buck out of your ignorance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4