Scrap Value for my Integra

Acema

Sorry, i'm abit confused with this part "However, please take note that not all scrapyards will buy the car with your paper value".

Those 3 authorized LTA scrapyard will either offer u money or none for your car body, but paper aka scrap value is from LTA rite?

Dun think these 3 scrapyards got the rite to refuse scrapping your car if u drive there with your t pin & scrap form???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Sorry, i'm abit confused with this part "However, please take note that not all scrapyards will buy the car with your paper value".

Those 3 authorized LTA scrapyard will either offer u money or none for your car body, but paper aka scrap value is from LTA rite?

Dun think these 3 scrapyards got the rite to refuse scrapping your car if u drive there with your t pin & scrap form???

yes. all the scrap yards do is to verify and confirm that the car is scrapped so that you can claim the PARF and remainder roadtax/COE (if any) from LTA.

i do not think they can refuse. if they do complain to LTA.

• Praise 1

yes. all the scrap yards do is to verify and confirm that the car is scrapped so that you can claim the PARF and remainder roadtax/COE (if any) from LTA.

i do not think they can refuse. if they do complain to LTA.

Haha... i also think those 3 scrapyards being LTA appointed, cannot just refuse to scrap our cars, regardless of whether the car body worth much or not.

Turbocharged

same thing with a dealer who tried to pull a fast one on me. kept saying he will give me cash right away. LTA will only give you after 1-2months. well i rather wait for LTA than to let him earn!! only quoted me $150, which i sold myself on SGcarmart easily at $700 (3hr sale) above paper with 5mths left.

if $150 above paper with 5mths left. i rather let the car sit around. roadtax already paid and i could hardly get much back from cancelling insurance early anyway. parking is free too. so let it sit la... i hate these dealers trying to make it sound they are helping you when they want to make a quick buck out of your ignorance.

The only time you know for sure there is nothing in it for a dealer is when his lips are not moving.

What if it is a rare and collectible car?

Where to look for exporters?

If not can I export it to taiwan myself?

Like the last NA Z4M.....really a waste to see it crushed into scrap metal....

Hi cmdsea,

sorry Quotz was unable to be of service to you. Can we just check if the scrapyard does the deregistration and encashment for you too? Or they just pay you $150 for the car body and the rest you have to do with LTA on your own?

If we are not wrong, you did mention that the vehicle had some mechanical issues. When we asked around with the dealers, no one wanted to take the vehicle. The only one that could do it offered 300 below paper, that was why we conveyed that offer to you.

It is quite true that for scrapping, prices might be higher if you were to drive down to the scrapyard on your own. However, please take note that not all scrapyards will buy the car with your paper value. In those cases, you will need to do the deregistration and encashment on your own. Not to say the parf value will take 1 to 2 months to come back to you. Also, taking into consideration the taxi fare home from the scrapyard and to LTA, plus the time wasted doing all these on your own, you will have to gauge if this is worth the effort.

We do try our best to provide our customers with the best price and service possible. However, we do appreciate your feedback and we will definitely improve on where we are lacking.

Thank you.

sgCarMart Quotz

Yes. The scrapyard just gave me $150 for the body and did the de-registration on the spot with the LTA pin that I provided them with when I arrived. Its a simple online process to get the pin and I have no issue waiting a few weeks for the refund to come through from the LTA.

For an additional $450 over the dealer price it was not difficult or time consuming and i would encourage other motorists to do the same.

For info the car was one owner from new with no accident damage and no mechanical issues, only fault was that the airbag light is on. The valuation was "instant" over the phone and I am quite sure you did not check with any dealers on the pricing for this specific vehicle

• Praise 1

Supercharged

if the scrapyard give me $150 for the body I will be happy to give them my card but also sad that with it working well, it had to be scrapped. if only the parf rebate reduce gradually after 10th year, then the car will not see a premature scrap.

Turbocharged

sunny zero body value.

Wah. My lao peh scrap 1.5 yrs ago $700. Actually it is mad right, the car is there, can feel can touch but boh body value.

Hypersonic

Yes. The scrapyard just gave me $150 for the body and did the de-registration on the spot with the LTA pin that I provided them with when I arrived. Its a simple online process to get the pin and I have no issue waiting a few weeks for the refund to come through from the LTA.

For an additional $450 over the dealer price it was not difficult or time consuming and i would encourage other motorists to do the same.

For info the car was one owner from new with no accident damage and no mechanical issues, only fault was that the airbag light is on. The valuation was "instant" over the phone and I am quite sure you did not check with any dealers on the pricing for this specific vehicle

Good info bro.

I guess their 'best' is just not enough. [shakehead]

Anyway, I guess the money for the car body is for us to take taxi from the scrapyard coz all 3 of them are so far out.

(edited)

This person selling body GS300 and was sold for $2.7k for body. Using quotz, can sell body by bidding ah. Good to know

http://www.quotz.com.sg/auction/info.php?AID=14341

His mileage is damn low at 90k. Sure the components inside can be worth some money. No wonder dealers took a bite.

Actually can we just drive to Malaysia and leave our car there? If we got Malaysian relatives etc?

How are you going to settle the documentation? This is singapore leh.

sunny zero body value.

Quotz also mentioned vios zero body value.

Edited by Ivan_06

Honda

JDM Accord - $400

Hyundai

Tucson - $0

Keep it coming!

yup 2 door, but mine is the non "R".

Your ride same as mine. But I driving it for 3 months now..my ex ride is a lancer ebo.

Hi Guys,

My Integra is gonna due for scrap. Any ideas how much can the body fetch if i send it to those export dealers?

Maybe we can consolidate a list for easy reference on various model?

Thanks

You got any spare parts wanna sell or give? Any HID or coilover? Many thanks and yes keep it coming !

Twincharged

What if it is a rare and collectible car?

Where to look for exporters?

If not can I export it to taiwan myself?

Like the last NA Z4M.....really a waste to see it crushed into scrap metal....

Taiwan is LHD,Z4M is BMW.?

If you have relatives in Malaysia - maybe can try drive in there - come back declare Car Stolen over there - claim insurance.

hahahahhahaa

Get caught. Jail teem awaits. Dun play play lah