Motorcycle rental - Is it legal already?

SGCMmaomao

Good morning~~

My coll told me something about motorcycle rental recently. Back in my hell riding years [pirate] of understanding that motorcycle renting is illegal. The insurance coverage used to have "any rider" and it was wrote off due to some bike shop abuse this loop hole to rent bikes to ppl.

I did my search and indeed there are a few portal renting out motorcycles.. but no infor about whether it;s legal not? Any one here rented a motorcycle b4? Can shed some lights here b4 I can advise her to rent or not.. :a-noway:

↡ Advertisement

Good morning~~

My coll told me something about motorcycle rental recently. Back in my hell riding years [pirate] of understanding that motorcycle renting is illegal. The insurance coverage used to have "any rider" and it was wrote off due to some bike shop abuse this loop hole to rent bikes to ppl.

I did my search and indeed there are a few portal renting out motorcycles.. but no infor about whether it;s legal not? Any one here rented a motorcycle b4? Can shed some lights here b4 I can advise her to rent or not.. :a-noway:

if can i also wanna rent [grin]

ghost_rider_by_hualu-d4e2g9w.jpg

Internal Moderator

Good morning~~

I can't confirm but one of the more prominent rental company will be http://www.bhh.com.sg/bhhmotorcyclerental

It's best you call them to check. Seems legit though.

Note that rental rates are higher than cars

Any Class 2B bike up for rent will get you a Honda Fit or equivalent easily. So much more worth it to rent a car if bike rental is gonna cost almost as much as a rental car.

read about in the bike forum. yesterday I think at least 2 of them are doing rental and leasing. but the rental price is very high, rather get a 2nd hand one pay monthly might be cheaper in long run if you dun mind the commitment.

Actually ok mah if rent for a weekend to play play. I might have a go on the XT1200 and also the Street Triple.

Good chance to try out other bike types since I'm pretty much a sportbike guy. I've never ridden a big adventure bike and the last big naked bike I road was the CB750 when taking my class 2.

Actually ok mah if rent for a weekend to play play. I might have a go on the XT1200 and also the Street Triple.

Good chance to try out other bike types since I'm pretty much a sportbike guy. I've never ridden a big adventure bike and the last big naked bike I road was the CB750 when taking my class 2.

To me,it's like burning money away

the rate is only slightly lower than car rental..

I can't confirm but one of the more prominent rental company will be http://www.bhh.com.sg/bhhmotorcyclerental

It's best you call them to check. Seems legit though.

Any Class 2B bike up for rent will get you a Honda Fit or equivalent easily. So much more worth it to rent a car if bike rental is gonna cost almost as much as a rental car.

but if u call them, they will definitely tells u that it's legit..

the rate is only slightly lower than car rental..

but if u call them, they will definitely tells u that it's legit..

its definitely legal, they are more worried about the law than you.

I think its because of the short term insurance they provide for you that's why the high cost.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

This is definitely legal. There is a motorcycle rental service at Aloride.com and they have been operating since 2016.

On their website it says the insurance even cover any food delivery rider and Malaysia.

Edited by PhilTrinh
↡ Advertisement