Jump to content

Advice needed for New Zealand road trip


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Soon... I hope... maybe after CNY if our Omicron numbers stable...

I hope so too so I can visit my friend at his farm too.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Wah so cheem... ha ha... I think Decathlon's ratings easier to understand... a few questions then:

1. So the Uniqlo puffy jacket is a down jacket?

2. How do you wash your down jacket in Singapore?

3. Can just hang out to dry in the sun? Or must be shaded and in wind only?

Thanks!

Down jacket no need wash.  Can only do Dry cleaning.

If the down jacket has removable inner lining, remove it before sent for dry cleaning.

So far, i only sent my jacket once for dry-cleaning in Spring 2017

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Down jacket no need wash.  Can only do Dry cleaning.

If the down jacket has removable inner lining, remove it before sent for dry cleaning.

So far, i only sent my jacket once for dry-cleaning in Spring 2017

Woah... not icky ah? Cos it's the outermost layer, will get wet and placed all over the shop?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Woah... not icky ah? Cos it's the outermost layer, will get wet and placed all over the shop?

I use it with care.

 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

No news on testing requirements... as was mentioned by someone in the tourism association... opening up is useless if testing is required... very few people will visit as tourists cos the cost of testing is both prohibitive and the uncertainty imposed by a failed COVID test is too much for those with limited leave or time...

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, teomingern said:

No news on testing requirements... as was mentioned by someone in the tourism association... opening up is useless if testing is required... very few people will visit as tourists cos the cost of testing is both prohibitive and the uncertainty imposed by a failed COVID test is too much for those with limited leave or time...

https://covid19.govt.nz/international-travel/travel-to-new-zealand/when-new-zealand-borders-open/#health-requirements

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi bros,

Do we need an International Driving Permit (IDP) for driving in New Zealand?

Cos yesterday I email AAS, they reply that we need to apply for it.

When I was in Perth, I didn't applied for the IDP to drive over there so I though it will be the same in NZ.

TIA

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Danielyap said:

Hi bros,

Do we need an International Driving Permit (IDP) for driving in New Zealand?

Cos yesterday I email AAS, they reply that we need to apply for it.

When I was in Perth, I didn't applied for the IDP to drive over there so I though it will be the same in NZ.

TIA

i drove there without IDP but best to check with your car rental company. 

IDP is most useful for countries where English is not the main language. It's basically a translation of your licence to other languages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Danielyap said:

Hi bros,

Do we need an International Driving Permit (IDP) for driving in New Zealand?

Cos yesterday I email AAS, they reply that we need to apply for it.

When I was in Perth, I didn't applied for the IDP to drive over there so I though it will be the same in NZ.

TIA

No need they accept our Singapore license at car rentals. Because it is in English, and also we are both Commonwealth countries. If you have not booked a vehicle yet, do so ASAP. Rental cars are now in very short supply, and expensive. The fleets were downsized during Covid, and now there is high demand as the border reopens. Most of the lower cost rentals are fully booked. Hertz may still have, but costly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

i drove there without IDP but best to check with your car rental company. 

IDP is most useful for countries where English is not the main language. It's basically a translation of your licence to other languages. 

@Shibadog Thanks bro, will check with the rental company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, serenade said:

No need they accept our Singapore license at car rentals. Because it is in English, and also we are both Commonwealth countries. If you have not booked a vehicle yet, do so ASAP. Rental cars are now in very short supply, and expensive. The fleets were downsized during Covid, and now there is high demand as the border reopens. Most of the lower cost rentals are fully booked. Hertz may still have, but costly.

 

@serenade Had already booked a vehicle, thanks for your advice

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danielyap said:

Hi bros,

Do we need an International Driving Permit (IDP) for driving in New Zealand?

Cos yesterday I email AAS, they reply that we need to apply for it.

When I was in Perth, I didn't applied for the IDP to drive over there so I though it will be the same in NZ.

TIA

AAS sure say need because they want to earn your money ma. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, serenade said:

No need they accept our Singapore license at car rentals. Because it is in English, and also we are both Commonwealth countries. If you have not booked a vehicle yet, do so ASAP. Rental cars are now in very short supply, and expensive. The fleets were downsized during Covid, and now there is high demand as the border reopens. Most of the lower cost rentals are fully booked. Hertz may still have, but costly.

 

Hertz is super expensive now... I think they had the largest fleet worldwide before the pandemic and they downsized the most aggressively and they're paying the price for it now...

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...