Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

To be honest, a such a small 1.2l car, fuel economy at 9km/l? That pretty rubbish to be honest. Especially since Japanese cars are well known for their fuel economy.

The FC reminds of the Suzuki Wagon R+ I had more than 10 years ago - 1 litre engine auto box... I was getting only around 10 to 11.5km/l average. A car nut I knew that time was very surprised and thought there was something wrong with my car, which I didn't think so.

In real life it really depends on the driving pattern. My current 1.5l petrol NA with CVT will only do 7-8km/l if I'm popping over to a nearby coffeeshop. On my work journeys on expressways, easily 20 to 23km/l.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

To achieved the FC of 24km/l, most likely they switch off the air-conditioning, drive with all window up. All test road with no traffic light. Rpm never go above 1500, speed less than 60km/h.....

In the real world, no one will drive like this....

http://paultan.org/2014/02/26/driven-mitsubishi-attrage-21-kml-claims-put-test/

It is understandable if you approach manufacturer fuel economy figures with scepticism. We generally take them with a pinch of salt too, especially when it’s usually near impossible to replicate the claims in real world driving. Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia begs to differ. The company is confident that 21 km/l isn’t just theoretical, but practical as well, so they organised a drive to Ipoh for us to challenge the Attrage.

The eco challenge started at MMM’s headquarters in Subang, where we got on the NKVE heading north. It was then straight all the way, before exiting at Tambun and joining the lunch traffic in Ipoh’s Old Town.

Two up, air con speed and temp set at the middle points, highway cruising speed ranging between 70 to 100 km/h (no coasting in neutral), no driver change (stop and start = less efficient), an allocated time of three hours (which we used to the max) and a feathery right foot combined for 24.19 km/l. Did we gain from driving a manual? The winners of the challenge did 24.7 km/l in a CVT, so no.

Mitsubishi-Attrage-review-7-630x313.jpg

Yes, we bettered the combined score of 21 km/l, but it has to be qualified that our route was mostly highway with just a small portion of city traffic, and it was a conscious effort to be light-footed, cruising below normal highway speeds to maintain a consistently low rpm.

A constant 110 km/h cruise with occasional overtaking wouldn’t have delivered such spectacular results, but it was a test to prove what’s possible with some willpower. And we’re not talking about extreme hypermiling.

After achieving what’s possible, we set out to do something more probable. Another stint with the Attrage CVT over a couple of working days (normal routine, mixed driving with jams, including one trip to Sepang and back) returned 365 km for my 20 litres of RON95, which is equivalent to 18.25 km/l – better than expected, and more surprising than the aforementioned best efforts.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I always found paultanorg reviews more reliable than most local reviews.

I will top up 5k more for almera.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I always found paultanorg reviews more reliable than most local reviews.

I will top up 5k more for almera.

Around the price range of attrage, can consider almera and accent.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This term gave it away.

Feathery light foot. And it's almost 100% highway.

doesn't change the fact that it can be done. [shocked]

• Praise 2

Agree. The fact is. It can be done.

Try doing that on any other car.

I think even Prius might struggle a bit given its weight.

My m3sp is due soon. I might consider getting one for myself. And Odyssey remains for my wife

Turbocharged

Go try it out, I had negative experiences with drum brakes in the past. So prefers all wheels disc brakes, can feel the bite of the brakes when it's most needed in circumstances when you had to jam brake. foreseen Even Christopher of straits times mentioned the brakes are gradual.

There is no such thing as free lunch. The main purpose of all drums is to reduce the cost and also the running cost. This car is made for city/short trips with the assumption that you won't be cruising at 130km/h at freeways along countryside. Plus the fact it comes only with a 1.2 NA engine that doesn't have alot of torque. So the braking power of the drum should be enough.

My Suzuki swift is rear drum too, maintenance is brilliant. My car is 10 years, mileage is 150k KM, everytime I go servicing the guy say "Drum brake still can jiak, don't need to change" That's fantastic! My front brake pad dunno change how many times already and the back is the same pair since I bought my car in Jan 2006. Maybe cos seldom ferry rear passengers.

But to be honest the braking sucks compared to all disc braking, but one just have to get used to it and eventually will step early and harder to stop the car.

my impreza feathery light food on highway max gives me 11-12

Don't fret. You Impreza is AWD, 11-12 is a FEAT!

Twincharged

But to be honest the braking sucks compared to all disc braking, but one just have to get used to it and eventually will step early and harder to stop the car.

no la. just upgrade the front is good enough. I drove a liana for 6years. change the fronts to a bigger rotor with just a change of the bracket holding the stock caliper. also had slightly better bite pads. made a huge difference. the rears were still the stock drums. brand was VTTR. hand carried back from taiwan. super cheap at $200 buckets. served me faithfully for 6 fully years without further touching them after install. (ie no brake servicing etc)

Turbocharged

All the vibration, underpower attributed with the Attrage could be overcome if C&C brought in a manual version, which is more practical for a car of such small engine capacity and horse power.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Given it small engine & minuscule output, i'm surprised they nvr brought in the manual version.

in SG, this kind of car probably end up being buy by those who want a Vios M... or 3A license holders

• Praise 1

At $86,999 (as of 4 July 2015), it has to be one of the cheapest cars on sale in Singapore now. By depreciation, it is likely be lower than most used cars. There is some merit in that.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

At $86,999 (as of 4 July 2015), it has to be one of the cheapest cars on sale in Singapore now. By depreciation, it is likely be lower than most used cars. There is some merit in that.

If the car cannot make it, cheap also no use. Lol.

↡ Advertisement