Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Hi,I am thinking of getting the attrage. We are currently driving the lancer glx, which is close to 14yr old. COE will end next yr since we only renew for 5 yrs. I have some qns:

1. Last time when we bought our lancer, we were given some discounts and free gifts since the sales girl is a friend of my father's friend. So is there still such things nowadays or all standard price and discount is also standard for everyone?

2. The price of COE during renewal was $30,000 for 5yrs. Now that it has dropped to almost half of its value, the sales girl told me that we should scrap it asap, is that so?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

sent in for service my HU. mitsubishi changed the whole JVC head unit to a new one but same issue. suprisingly whe ni off air con and drive reception is much better. help save fuel also LOL.. no kidding its v responsive and save fuel.. easily can hit 20km/l one trip on hard foot. 

back to you reception story.. i am at wits end.. dunno if i should change head set to pioneer or Blaupunkt funline antenna to try this?

You know. It's possible it's not the head unit but the wiring. Maybe ask them to open the panelling and re-run the cabling. Wiring may be pressed against your aircon wiring and picking up all the compressor electronic noise. 

I drove attrage before..

I think it's ok.

I won't take it to nsh.

Just normal sg driving good enough. What's the rush. Just step gently lor.

Hi Friendstar

Why not the nsh? I intend to drive to Malaysia once in a long while.. :0

You know. It's possible it's not the head unit but the wiring. Maybe ask them to open the panelling and re-run the cabling. Wiring may be pressed against your aircon wiring and picking up all the compressor electronic noise.

Hi Friendstar

Body strength.

Suspension.

Weight.

Overtaking power

Supercharged

Hi Friendstar

i drove the attrage to malacca and back.. it's doable, just a bit noisy (more from road/tyre).  Max speed i drove was 130km/h with full 4 pax + luggage.  Just have to judge the overtaking carefully cos acceleration can take a bit longer with the small engine coupled with CVT gearbox.. 

• Praise 1

i drove the attrage to malacca and back.. it's doable, just a bit noisy (more from road/tyre).  Max speed i drove was 130km/h with full 4 pax + luggage.  Just have to judge the overtaking carefully cos acceleration can take a bit longer with the small engine coupled with CVT gearbox.. 

i have done 140km.hr on mine for about 1min before haha.. its really alot stable than my previosu ride( altis 2006)

apart form the lack of power at times i think its a very decent car. i 'd take this over the K3 anytime :D

• Praise 3

As most of you are aware i had a love hate relationship with my radio reception, i think it got better after i changed to this antenna and i have accepted that 92.4 FM  has really really bad reception. barely "pass" at home via wall antenna not to mention car.

Recently i pumped esso 98, i realised the engine sound at idle was really dead silent with no vibration. but xiong lah pump 98 always. switch back to 95 its slightly sluggish abit noiser.. best are those cooling nights i can open my window, off the aircon and enjoy the extra Kick in the engine power and save fuel :D

• Praise 2

As most of you are aware i had a love hate relationship with my radio reception, i think it got better after i changed to this antenna and i have accepted that 92.4 FM  has really really bad reception. barely "pass" at home via wall antenna not to mention car.

Recently i pumped esso 98, i realised the engine sound at idle was really dead silent with no vibration. but xiong lah pump 98 always. switch back to 95 its slightly sluggish abit noiser.. best are those cooling nights i can open my window, off the aircon and enjoy the extra Kick in the engine power and save fuel :D

Wait, for real? No sound and vibration at idle? I think I'm going to try it the next time I top up. Quite surprising that petrol can make so much of a difference.

• Praise 1

As most of you are aware i had a love hate relationship with my radio reception, i think it got better after i changed to this antenna and i have accepted that 92.4 FM has really really bad reception. barely "pass" at home via wall antenna not to mention car.

I was told that by opening the window, you actually waste more petrol then using aircon due to the draft the car is under from the wind coming into the car, thus lesser aero dynamic.
  • Praise 1

I was told that by opening the window, you actually waste more petrol then using aircon due to the draft the car is under from the wind coming into the car, thus lesser aero dynamic.

Driver weight also affect fuel consumption
  • Praise 1

I think you can use ME radio to listen 924 FM to avoid reception problem.

(Provided network connection is good)

• Praise 1

Wait, for real? No sound and vibration at idle? I think I'm going to try it the next time I top up. Quite surprising that petrol can make so much of a difference.

yes... i was quite suprised and thought my car was off and actually off my engine( i think the aircon was off also) but again most of vibration is from aircon even minimum than the engine.. 

I pumped 98 sumpreme+ ESSO. usually let it run in around mid or 3/4 of 2nd tank will see difference. I only pump 98+ now because previously accidentally pumped 92/ that bloody car whine and shake like crap...

yup you are correct.  there is an optimal speed i suppose to drive when your windows open fully. i have window shades so usually i open 3-4" down only on driver side.. not in afternoons but  at nights. aircon off but fan remains on at level 2-3.

just try and experiment. but honesty i wish the air con (even when i set to 26deg) consumes way too much power from the small engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Praise 1

Just a thought...  also I think might be because i just did my 10,000KM  :P

Curious where did you get the quote from?

Our Asian models are unlike the European and American models where the wires are All there and just need to enable the feature in ETACS.

For our model our ecu is different and so are the pin outs. One of our Indonesian bros have cracked the pin out and added his cruise control.

We are missing just 2 Wires and the switch. I already have the switch and Have the ETACS decoder. Just haven’t got the time to run the two wires and try it out.

Bro, so means you already try to plug the switch in and active the function on ETACS, but it does not work?

How do you confirm that it's missing 2 wires?

• Praise 1

Just a thought...  also I think might be because i just did my 10,000KM  :P

I see, maybe it could just be due to the servicing, nevertheless I will try top up 98 at SPC and Esso to see if there is any difference as my car has been running on SPC's 95 for 65000km already. Interesting to experiment to see if the type of additives or octane rating will affect vibrations and sound from engine. 

• Praise 1

Have shortlisted the Attrage. :) But quite unsure due to all the bad reviews on the US model (called the Mirage G4) although I suspect its because Americans are used to big, full featured cars whereas for us such value cars are the norm. :)

Also, not sure what are the diff between the US and Sg versions. The US version seems to have a hole in the centre backseat to access the boot whereas the sg version does not seem to have it? 

Curious to hear opinions of people who have downgraded from a mid range 1.6l sedan to this model. Was the transition difficult? (eg lack of overtaking power, noise etc)

• Praise 1

I see, maybe it could just be due to the servicing, nevertheless I will try top up 98 at SPC and Esso to see if there is any difference as my car has been running on SPC's 95 for 65000km already. Interesting to experiment to see if the type of additives or octane rating will affect vibrations and sound from engine. 

yup.. i realised it takes awhile. usually mid tank when the engine gets used to the addictive its alot better.. during servicing when they mechanics tightens all the mounts i realised its alot better than my 1000km where the mounts are not securely tighten yet.

i think the road noise at times can be improved but other than that its quite a nice quiet car. Had the chance to try the 2018 Vios. Toyota really up a notch with the premium feel inside the vios. the engine also not bad quite silent. far fetch from old vios. but cost 20K more than our attrage.

Bro, so means you already try to plug the switch in and active the function on ETACS, but it does not work?

How do you confirm that it's missing 2 wires?

I removed the air bag and did a continuity check on the clock spring. It’s also confirmed by one of the other member in Indonesia.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1