Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

I am rider upgrading, so I guess cabin noise will never be as bad as wearing a open face helmet [sweatdrop]

As long as you have a realistic expectations of a super budget car,Then the car will suit u
↡ Advertisement

JVC ice unit functional only for basic operations like tuner, video/music CDs, Bluetooth connectivity, reverse camera. The operation manual mentioned many other features like Android, JVC play but I cannot connect these features. My SEcalso mentioned cannot. So it's a basic set I believe.

• Praise 1

JVC ice unit functional only for basic operations like tuner, video/music CDs, Bluetooth connectivity, reverse camera. The operation manual mentioned many other features like Android, JVC play but I cannot connect these features. My SEcalso mentioned cannot. So it's a basic set I believe.

Thanks for the info bro.

Sometimes the petrol brands debate never end.

To me is like rice, whether you eat short, medium or long grain rice, will it improve your IPPT 2.4km timing...?

If your car needs 95, just pump 95, 97/98 wont enhance its performance, even it does, how does one feel for 1-2% improvement???

• Praise 1

Sometimes the petrol brands debate never end.

To me is like rice, whether you eat short, medium or long grain rice, will it improve your IPPT 2.4km timing...?

If your car needs 95, just pump 95, 97/98 wont enhance its performance, even it does, how does one feel for 1-2% improvement???

Just pump whatever brands you like. All petrols more or less the same quality

You speak too well of the SE already. When it comes to aftersales...It's entirely different

Like all humans, SE will depend on their individual personality. I previously had an SE that was so good, when my car needed to traded in earlier, he loaned me a car to use FOC for 2 weeks. And he was always responsive, offering to help me with the admin and stuff at 8-9 pm at night, well after his working hours. I was not alone because a colleague that bought from him had the same opinion. I was so happy with his services that over 9 years, I bought 3 cars from him, the last one I just went to order without even test drive (this was the era when you changed car every 3 years because you want to retain the value). Unfortunately, he quit the industry already because of unhappiness with his management. On the other end of the spectrum, my friends have encountered SE from hell.

As for my Mitsubishi SE I would say she is not too bad already. Still responding quickly after I collected my car. :)

Any reviews on the JVC ICE system? When Bluetooth to phone and using Google map or waze for navigation and etc...? Music and connection quality?

Previously C&C was offering the Sony. That had android auto and can use google maps. Now the current JVC do not offer this built in. I heard you need to pay around $400+ for the option. The BT is only good enough to connect to your phone music and spotify. I am talking about the ICE from the Sports edition which I have. (Mine is actually Elegant but I upgraded to 6" JVC headunit). Music quality is so so because speaker now on doors, not at the back where it can transmit more fully. Also, I suspect when the install the unit, they left the original factory speakers in place. Because I think JVC speakers should sound better. I could be wrong though. 

• Praise 3

oh, but is it engine noise or wind?

anyway thank you for sharing, I am kind of like preparing myself to expect for the worse [sweatdrop]

Was running it at 90km today on TPE and my take is wind noise is not that pronounced at 90km. The engine does roar more as compared with normal 1.6l sedans. 

Based on what I am hearing, the bulk of the sound comes from the road noise, tyres and CVT. They offered the highest end Bridgestone Potenza. I don't think they are quiet. When its time to change, I would likely change back to my favourite Yokohama DB series. They are quiet and comfortable (but not so good on wet roads!). We can't do much about the CVT noise since it is its characteristics. If you watch the Jatco videos, even the CEO acknowledge there are some technological hurdles to overcome to bring the noise level down in future. I would suspect Sound Clad may help also.

Of the guys here also used tape to reduce wind noise. He reported good results. 

This is just my experience. Your take may be different once you drive the car.

So far no one has experienced the jerkiness when moving off sometimes ? 

Also, when stationary, I noticed the ventilation fan keeps on alternating on and off every 15 sec. Not sure if this is normal? 

Was running it at 90km today on TPE and my take is wind noise is not that pronounced at 90km. The engine does roar more as compared with normal 1.6l sedans. 

Based on what I am hearing, the bulk of the sound comes from the road noise, tyres and CVT. They offered the highest end Bridgestone Potenza. I don't think they are quiet. When its time to change, I would likely change back to my favourite Yokohama DB series. They are quiet and comfortable (but not so good on wet roads!). We can't do much about the CVT noise since it is its characteristics. If you watch the Jatco videos, even the CEO acknowledge there are some technological hurdles to overcome to bring the noise level down in future. I would suspect Sound Clad may help also.

Also, when stationary, I noticed the ventilation fan keeps on alternating on and off every 15 sec. Not sure if this is normal? 

Bro I also have been experiencing the CVT jerking from time to time when I am moving off from slower speeds. Checked with the service advisor but he say it's normal. I went to read up about it and found out that the "jerking" effect is common for CVTs since the belt sometimes slip when accelerating under unique circumstances, so it tries to grab onto the gear, hence giving the jerking feeling. I have been experiencing the problem since day 1 so it does not seem to be a "wear and tear" issue. But the feeling is very similar to that of the clutch grabbing in a manual car when moving off in gear 1.

The ventilation fan also seems to be a norm as I think that the aircon compressor is engaging and disengaging every 15 seconds when stationary. When I switch off the aircon, the sound stops. 

If anyone else has a better idea of what these problems are caused by, please share thanks.

• Praise 4

Bro I also have been experiencing the CVT jerking from time to time when I am moving off from slower speeds. Checked with the service advisor but he say it's normal. I went to read up about it and found out that the "jerking" effect is common for CVTs since the belt sometimes slip when accelerating under unique circumstances, so it tries to grab onto the gear, hence giving the jerking feeling. I have been experiencing the problem since day 1 so it does not seem to be a "wear and tear" issue. But the feeling is very similar to that of the clutch grabbing in a manual car when moving off in gear 1.

The ventilation fan also seems to be a norm as I think that the aircon compressor is engaging and disengaging every 15 seconds when stationary. When I switch off the aircon, the sound stops. 

If anyone else has a better idea of what these problems are caused by, please share thanks.

Thanks for clarifying, Bro. So it's normal. Hopefully will not have issues long term. I read the earlier generation CVTs on the Renaults have some problems after a few years. I was assuming since the Jatco has many years experience till now, maybe they have bee resolved.  :)

I tried to connect BT to the JVC unit to play my phone music but cannot. Anyone has done this before successfully. Please share how it's done. Thanks.

• Praise 2

I tried to connect BT to the JVC unit to play my phone music but cannot. Anyone has done this before successfully. Please share how it's done. Thanks.

After connecting your phone to the ICE, run your music app. Make sure to select "Android" in your ICE menu. 

I keep on hearing this double beep occasionally while driving. Does anyone have this experience as well? Can't seem to isolate where it comes from. Hopefully it means nothing.

Also, seems the car will NOT autolock once you drive off. Do remember to do so yourself for safety reasons. Quite disappointed with the Mitsubishi Remote (or "forbe"?). For $700+ cost, no alarm and does not auto-lock your car doors when you move off. 

hi guys its me again !!!

so many question for me haha !!! i wonder if anyone of you are using the phone function of the car. it seems that when i talk via the phone people on the other side can't hear me clearly .. i wonder why ..

and 1 more issue is i cannot save address book in my headunit. why is that so ? any expert here?

Just to up again
  • Praise 1

Thanks bro auto1701. You are referring to Spotify apps on Android phone? On the beep sound it comes out only when I go over a bump without apply brakes. Believe it's awarning alert to slow down over a hump. My two cents.

• Praise 1

I think for me these are still ok.

Anyway thank you for sharing. [:)]

• Praise 1