Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 

4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)

5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)

6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)

7th tank - 13.3km/l

8th tank - 12.9km/l (Was having a good feeling as the car registered FC of up to 17km/l on the second half of the tank although the first half still trapped in non moving peak hour traffic. So a little surprised it dropped from 13.3km/l. I usually top up at the 1/3 mark as how I do it for my Cerato. I wonder if driving closer to empty will help (although should not since more vapour in the tank?).

Did you guys also notice the old Esso pump nozzle has been replaced by a seemingly more inferior type? The pump has only one high speed setting instead of the 2-3 speeds for the older model. I usually select lower speed to avoid too much foaming based on what I read previously but now seems not possible. The pump attendant also commented to me they found it harder to use. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Which part of my post indicate "1.2L 3-cylinder engine = poor performance"?

Yes I have driven Attrage before. Nothing wrong with Attrage but sometimes something wrong with some Attrage owners with their exaggerated reviews.

If good say good, dun exaggerate like "wah this car damn good, stable like ???" Hello, every car is different, there is no perfect car. Lay all facts on table & give credit where it is due. Why compare it to a much bigger cap car just to make ourselves feel better? If that is not self-denial, then what is? In hokkien, we call it tua-kang.

Let me give my short review of Attrage then..the 3 cylinder is torquey for the Attrage of its size. Its pickup compare with similar segment is NOT a killer but pick up speed to most travelling speed quite quickly, this is the good part of Attrage. It takes one to understand the CVT transmission on how to make use of its powerband. BUT it will also lose out of breath very soon also due to its 1200cc 3-cylinder NA engine. Try to overtake quickly at slightly higher speeds, the Attrage wont increase speed so quickly, that is a fact! And sometimes we need to overtake FAST & QUICK! Given its short wheelbase, any teeny wheeny bit of stronger crosswind, car will serve sideways. These are all physics!

Inside the car, thou budget, thou 1st Thai-assembled Mitsubishi, it still gives one a premium feel of its class. Never mind whether if its PVC leather or cow leather or whatever leather from whatever animal.

Road noise, any budget car will surely reduce cost in this area cos it is not for the middle or premium segment, period!

Vibration, inline 3 sure have vibration. Those who say dun have just refuse to believe there is. Any drivers here who have driven more cars will attest to that! Nothing wrong to admit this fact. If one can accept this vibration as just part of the characteristics, is still a car from pt a to b! If cant accept, move on!

Safety, this car started off with 2 airbags coupled with ABS blah blah....is that good enough for a class of its own. Not enough? Pay more & move on.

Practical features, seats cant fold and let me say again. Folding seats are an important feature for many other countries but I wont harp into it. It is for us to weigh its importance in uniquely singapore. My take, a car thou budget, all the more must highlight its practicality, at least in my requirements.

Again, did I say anything good or bad abt this car?

Just my 2 cents worth. I guess most of us bought this car cos of its price n stated FC. I am also downgrading from a 1.6 forte to this, so the expected savings in terms of running costs etc entices me alot. I also did alot of research online before concluding to buy this over other potentials like the Note and Jazz. Will I regret not getting the alternatives? Only time will tell but the low price I am paying comforts me a little. Afterall, be it the Note or the Jazz, they cost about 10k more than the Attrage. Thats an additional 3k upfront and 7k to the loan. For people like me with a tight wallet, it makes a difference.

I believe the small engine capacity of the car will not impact me so much. I drove a picanto for 5 yrs in the past for goodness sake and I've never felt it was underpowered

Edited by Babywhaley
  • Praise 4

Just my 2 cents worth. I guess most of us bought this car cos of its price n stated FC. I am also downgrading from a 1.6 forte to this, so the expected savings in terms of running costs etc entices me alot. I also did alot of research online before concluding to buy this over other potentials like the Note and Jazz. Will I regret not getting the alternatives? Only time will tell but the low price I am paying comforts me a little. Afterall, be it the Note or the Jazz, they cost about 10k more than the Attrage. Thats an additional 3k upfront and 7k to the loan. For people like me with a tight wallet, it makes a difference.

I believe the small engine capacity of the car will not impact me so much. I drove a picanto for 5 yrs in the past for goodness sake and I've never felt it was underpowered

Congrats.

When get car?

SE holidaying oversea leh, so dunno yet. But i no hurry also. Hoping to get the MY2019 version.

Hi

We have similar profiles! I also drove a Kia Cerato and previously have driven a 1.0l Starlet too.

You will likely miss some of the Kia amenities and maybe the pickup during some moments at first, but overall, like you, I also know I paid a whole lot lesser, so no complaints. The car itself is generally ok. The most important thing after you have gotten your car is how you feel about it, not what others think. Congrats again.. :)

Totally agree!!

Which part of my post indicate "1.2L 3-cylinder engine = poor performance"? 

Yes I have driven Attrage before. Nothing wrong with Attrage but sometimes something wrong with some Attrage owners with their exaggerated reviews.

If good say good, dun exaggerate like "wah this car damn good, stable like ???" Hello, every car is different, there is no perfect car. Lay all facts on table & give credit where it is due. Why compare it to a much bigger cap car just to make ourselves feel better? If that is not self-denial, then what is? In hokkien, we call it tua-kang.

Let me give my short review of  Attrage then..the 3 cylinder is torquey for the Attrage of its size. Its pickup compare with similar segment is NOT a killer but pick up speed to most travelling speed quite quickly, this is the good part of Attrage. It takes one to understand the CVT transmission on how to make use of its powerband. BUT it will also lose out of breath very soon also due to its 1200cc 3-cylinder NA engine. Try to overtake quickly at slightly higher speeds, the Attrage wont increase speed so quickly, that is a fact! And sometimes we need to overtake FAST & QUICK! Given its short wheelbase, any teeny wheeny bit of stronger crosswind, car will serve sideways. These are all physics!

Inside the car, thou budget, thou 1st Thai-assembled Mitsubishi, it still gives one a premium feel of its class. Never mind whether if its PVC leather or cow leather or whatever leather from whatever animal.

Road noise, any budget car will surely reduce cost in this area cos it is not for the middle or premium segment, period!

Vibration, inline 3 sure have vibration. Those who say dun have just refuse to believe there is. Any drivers here who have driven more cars will attest to that! Nothing wrong to admit this fact. If one can accept this vibration as just part of the characteristics, is still a car from pt a to b! If cant accept, move on!

Safety, this car started off with 2 airbags coupled with ABS blah blah....is that good enough for a class of its own. Not enough? Pay more & move on.

Practical features, seats cant fold and let me say again. Folding seats are an important feature for many other countries but I wont harp into it. It is for us to weigh its importance in uniquely singapore. My take, a car thou budget, all the more must highlight its practicality, at least in my requirements. 

Again, did I say anything good or bad abt this car?

eh it comes with 6 air bags >,< relax leh.. why so hot tempered sia.... 

Bro, he mentioned "started off"...

In my post, I did mentioned it has 6 vs 2 in the first version. We all knew that.

It is better than some other Jap cars in terms of number of air bag.

• Praise 1

Playing gd guy bad guy mind games here aint gonna work.

Many other mcfers here are a knowledgeable bunch.

Hot tempered? Which part? U said someone made a generalise statement & ask if hv driven attrage b4? So ur qn are replied with facts & experience fr the ground.

Interested in Attrage, Anyone can recommend friendly and "not stingy" SE. Leng Kee or Ubi are both ok for me.

Leng Kee look for CK Loh. Ubi look for Jessie Ng.

I would recommend Leng Kee better. Ubi is owned by Fulco and i had a bad experience with them.

Cheers.

I would recommend Leng Kee better. Ubi is owned by Fulco and i had a bad experience with them.

Cheers.

Alrite, thanks for the recommendation

Cheers.

Recommend to look for CK, I booked through him but previously was at ubi. Not sure if he had changed to leng Kee showroom.

Neutral Newbie

I believe the small engine capacity of the car will not impact me so much. I drove a picanto for 5 yrs in the past for goodness sake and I've never felt it was underpowered ð.

I count my blessings that the Attrage is priced so low for people like me to obtain. And have u noticed that the PHV Attrages have disappeared too of late? Thats also a plus.

Well, like what their ad says, beats taking the train everyday and allows u to do more at a low cost.

Count your blessings guys.

Just curious, if you are on a budget, why didn't you consider renew your 1.6 forte coe based on pqp another 5 or 10 yrs since coe is 'low' now? That will bring your depreciation significant lower for the next few yrs. Edited by Imseb
  • Praise 1

Just curious, if you are on a budget, why didn't you consider renew your 1.6 forte coe based on pqp another 5 or 10 yrs since coe is 'low' now? That will bring your depreciation significant lower for the next few yrs.

He may have considered the following over buying a new Attrage.

1. Road tax increased by 10% to a max of 150% for the fifth year. Imagine paying a road tax equivalent to a 2.0L car.

2. Higher maintenance cost. Replacement of breakdown parts. Let's be frank, cars more than 10 years will have frequent breakdowns and spoilt parts no matter how good they are.

3. Higher FC. In this case the Forte definitely has higher FC den the Attrage.

4. The new Attrage had free servicing while renewing the Forte requires forking out servicing cost himself. On top of that, the Attrage has 10 years engine warranty which I doubt the Forte can last 20 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1