Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

hello any one installed android head unit in their attrage? saw it in my friend's subaru looks really awesome but for the pricing abit steep. $500+ comes with offline maps. if anyone have better lobang can intro?

If the auto folding side mirror is faulty, can manually open/close it? Or will doing so, spoil the mechanics further? Appreciate any advice, thanks.

NO NO !! Will damage the gears .... 

hello any one installed android head unit in their attrage? saw it in my friend's subaru looks really awesome but for the pricing abit steep. $500+ comes with offline maps. if anyone have better lobang can intro?

My JVC has a android logo n i could also play Spotify. But I just cant connect the JVC smartphone app to the unit. Pretty frustrating. Seems like can only connect sound through blue tooth and allow for phone calls but thats about it. However, i saw on youtube that the unit can connect to Android auto and able to display the phone screen. Just not sure how or what I missed.

If the auto folding side mirror is faulty, can manually open/close it? Or will doing so, spoil the mechanics further? Appreciate any advice, thanks.

I made a mistake of doing that when my old forte had this issue. I think I broke something inside cos the mirror became loose after that. Didnt bother to repair it though as i traded it in for my attrage shortly

Only for Attrage Owners who are interested in the statistic :)

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)
3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 
4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)
5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)
6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)
7th tank - 13.3km/l
8th tank - 12.9km/l
9th tank - 13.45km/l

19th tank - 13.3km/l

20th tank - 14.8km/l 

21st tank - 14.5km/l

22nd tank - 15.7km/l (lots of highway as ave a project in Changi, so travelling along expressway alot more.)

I did notice something though. Some roads continuous at 80km/l only achieved 16km/l while other roads at the same speed can yield 21km/l. Based on the few samplings, I deduce that driving on flexipave (that wonderful road layer that looks dry even when it is raining) can reduce performance by 1-2km/l. The best FC is achieved on regular roads such as the KPE. 

you can configure one of the steering wheel buttons to mute it instead of off-ing it

Yup..that's what I did too! Pretty amazed that there is no button for this on the JVC console... at least can map the function to the steering wheel. :) I still have no figured out how to store contacts on the JVC set. It cannot access my phone contact list, hence making calls will need me to remember the contact's number....

you can configure one of the steering wheel buttons to mute it instead of off-ing it

Yup..that's what I did too! Pretty amazed that there is no button for this on the JVC console... at least can map the function to the steering wheel. :) I still have no figured out how to store contacts on the JVC set. It cannot access my phone contact list, hence making calls will need me to remember the contact's number....

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Neutral Newbie

Just done up my 1k today. For those who have gotten the new car, please check whether you experienced squeaking sound during braking. Mine need to replace the rusty brake clip but unfortunately need to wait for 2 weeks to a month!  [blush]

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving.

5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)

7th tank - 13.3km/l

8th tank - 12.9km/l

9th tank - 13.45km/l

19th tank - 13.3km/l

20th tank - 14.8km/l

21st tank - 14.5km/l

22nd tank - 15.7km/l (lots of highway as ave a project in Changi, so travelling along expressway alot more.)

I did notice something though. Some roads continuous at 80km/l only achieved 16km/l while other roads at the same speed can yield 21km/l. Based on the few samplings, I deduce that driving on flexipave (that wonderful road layer that looks dry even when it is raining) can reduce performance by 1-2km/l. The best FC is achieved on regular roads such as the KPE.

Last time my Airwave, after pump petrol and reset the FC counter, driving 80km/h on KPE from Punggol to VivoCity yields 22km/l based on that trip. Per trip FC is not accurate de, you have to average out per tank unless your every day drive route and traffic conditions stays the same throughout which is impossible.

I just realised bro, what happened to your 10th to 18th tank?

You posted on 25 Feb your 10th tank.

5 Mar becomes 19th tank.

13 Mar - 20th tank.

18 Feb - 9th tank.

8 Feb - 8th tank.

29 Jan - 7th tank.

You pump petrol every 10 days plus minus. Not looking good.

Oh have work in Changi, you involved in Jewel ah? :)

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving.

7th tank - 13.3km/l

8th tank - 12.9km/l

9th tank - 13.45km/l

19th tank - 13.3km/l

20th tank - 14.8km/l

21st tank - 14.5km/l

Amazing! How so your mileage is trending upwards? Mine (new car but for different model) quite stable since day 1.
  • Praise 1

My engine coolant warning light (the icon that looks like a upturned key) came on and stayed on for 2 to 3 minutes when I started the car this morning. Gave me a scare. It was green colour though, not red!! This indicates that the engine temperature is lower than normal. Is this normal or have anyone encountered this before? Am wondering if I should get it checked asap or wait till 1k servicing. :mellow:

• Praise 1

Last time my Airwave, after pump petrol and reset the FC counter, driving 80km/h on KPE from Punggol to VivoCity yields 22km/l based on that trip. Per trip FC is not accurate de, you have to average out per tank unless your every day drive route and traffic conditions stays the same throughout which is impossible.

I just realised bro, what happened to your 10th to 18th tank?

You posted on 25 Feb your 10th tank.

5 Mar becomes 19th tank.

13 Mar - 20th tank.

18 Feb - 9th tank.

8 Feb - 8th tank.

29 Jan - 7th tank.

You pump petrol every 10 days plus minus. Not looking good.

Oh have work in Changi, you involved in Jewel ah? :)

Yes. I always reset my trip meter after pumping. I take total mileage divided by how much fuel I topped up. That is how I get the mileage.

For the record date, yup, made a mistake and then continued from there. ! :P 

Will correct at my next update :)

I pump often because the tank is small. Only 42 litres compared with my old Cerato 55 litres. I noted the earlier Mirage (US name) models only have 35l tank..from the online brochures I downloaded. So 42 is an improvement. If they opt for 45 or 50 litre would be better but then, the car would also be heavier.

No, not working in Jewel. But did drop by thinking some shops were opened but I was wrong and amazingly, the car park charges have started unlike the norm for new malls where parking is free. Maybe because it is linked to T1.

Amazing! How so your mileage is trending upwards? Mine (new car but for different model) quite stable since day 1.

The 15km/l hard to sustain.  I am only getting this because this tank has alot of highway driving. But I am going back to the normal jammed route after this week, so I guess based on the road conditions, it will hover around 13-14km/l. I am happy with it as it is already way better than my Cerato but would be happier still if I can hit 17km/l like my weekend-plate Attrage colleague! He has the car 2 years and gets between 16-18km/l consistently.. :)

My engine coolant warning light (the icon that looks like a upturned key) came on and stayed on for 2 to 3 minutes when I started the car this morning. Gave me a scare. It was green colour though, not red!! This indicates that the engine temperature is lower than normal. Is this normal or have anyone encountered this before? Am wondering if I should get it checked asap or wait till 1k servicing. :mellow:

IIRC, that light stays on when the car is warming up but usually will switch off after 1-2 min.. 

yes bro that is normal

when I first collected the car I also noticed that, checked with my SE, she help me confirm with the service center and informed that it is normal.

so long not red then all is well.

I also did check on the manual and the amount of coolant (before start engine after parked over night and after 30mins of driving), all shows it is normal. 

yes bro that is normal

when I first collected the car I also noticed that, checked with my SE, she help me confirm with the service center and informed that it is normal.

I also did check on the manual and the amount of coolant (before start engine after parked over night and after 30mins of driving), all shows it is normal.

Note that you will be hearing sounds from your brakes soon. It's better to go to them on a weekday to change the clips

Turbocharged

That price is for non-guaranteed COE. But generally, according to my SE from Leng Kee showroom, for those paying the standard price, they will try to bid in such a way you will get it in 3 bids or less. I got mine in 1 bid, in fact, a little too early for me as I had intended to trade in my old car later to maximise its residual car value. But of course, that is my experience. Yours may differ. My SE is Beverly in case you want to talk to her. 

Updated FC Journey:

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 

7th tank - 13.3km/l

8th tank - 12.9km/l

9th tank - 13.45km/l

10th tank - 12km/l

Your fuel economy seems very far from the 26.4km/l achieved - https://www.torque.com.sg/news/mitsubishi-attrage-fuel-efficiency-challenge/

yes bro that is normal

I also did check on the manual and the amount of coolant (before start engine after parked over night and after 30mins of driving), all shows it is normal. 

Thanks bro. Huge relief. Yeah was googling on this all day and seems ok to leave it. I didn't get this light this morning though.

• Praise 1

Test drive a new Attrage once, vibration at stationary is really bad. Can't imagine how bad it will be after 5-7 years.

Just go change engine mounting at 5th yr.why you test drive attrage?

Note that you will be hearing sounds from your brakes soon. It's better to go to them on a weekday to change the clips

sorry bro, you lost me there?

if your saying that soon I will be facing the brakes issues, I guess I need to wait till than then can get them to change for me.

but thanks for the heads up [thumbsup]

Thanks bro. Huge relief. Yeah was googling on this all day and seems ok to leave it. I didn't get this light this morning though.

no problem, just sharing what I know [:)]

hmmm that I'm not sure, till today (collected my car around 2 months plus), I still see the light (green)

anyway if you didn't park long enough (to let the coolant cool down) you will not see it light at all.

Edited by chuawl88
  • Praise 1

Just go change engine mounting at 5th yr.why you test drive attrage?

accompany friend looking for new budget car, attrage, accent, avante, vios ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1