Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Need seats or else cannot drive. Spare tyre need la even though I probably will neve change myself.

My boot is early empty because I don't store much junk inside

Park car don't drive later battery flat tire flat.

Tired mine 230 I think.

Attrage no modes to choose from. Always eco and slow

↡ Advertisement

Any owners got experience driving to Malaysia?

Thinking of making a journey as such

SGP-melaka-penang-CH-SGP

How's the engine braking when driving down CH/Genting?

It’s funny why you wanna keep your spare tyre when you said you’ll likely never change yourself lol

Cos if you have a flat, and can't change yourself, when help comes such as AA roadside assist, they can help you do it. Usually I don't think a break down service has a spare tyre for you. Maybe they can repair the tyre and inflate. Have never seen this before.

My issue is mechanics tend to tighten the nuts so tightly that I was not able to remove the nut even jumping on the wrench! That's when no choice have to call someone with a power removal tool. 

:)

• Praise 1

I have reached 23km/l myself but of course, that is the average from point I top up the tank and reset the FC reading. If highway/urban pattern is 30/80 like mine, overall will get about 14-15km. But if you drive to KL or Penang on NS highway, it's possible to reach actual 25km/l. Hybrid and EV technology caters to a different group. These are people who want good FC but do not want to sacrifice the premium comforts. The car kerb weight is much heavier due to sound proofing, etc but still able to achieve the same or better FC. But they also need to resort to techniques like shutting down engines at red light which I find irritating in my friend's car. But who knows. Maybe in 3-5 years, they may launch a hydrid version of Attrage with a 1.3l engine. :)

Tried switching off my aircon compressor, only use blower while driving in the early morning.

F/c improve by up to 10% sia

Curising highway at 90 used to show 20km/l, now can almost touch 22

Bro. I also scared of cold. My a/c normally at 25deg Fan speed 1 but on hot afternoons, I drop it to 23 and fan speed 3. Have tried 21 deg but after a while, my hands become too cold, bah.

Don't think its possible to run with blower only because the cabin would heat up quickly. If you wind down your windows, FC becomes worse as your rear acts like a parachute. 

But your experience is consistent with what some are saying online. Seems our compressor pulls alot of power from the small engine, so if you switch it off, FC improvement is obvious.  :)

For better fuel economy,

1) Inflate the tyres to 250KPa

2) Set to ECO mode

3) Pump 95RON which give bette rmileag ethan 92RON

4) Remove the spare tyre from the boot to reduce weight

5) Pump petrol to max half tank for weight savings

6) Use thinner '20' engine oil

I reiterate the manual and my SE reminded to use RON95 and above only. 

Seems strange because only Singapore and 1 other country has this requirement. The other country models allow for RON92.

Edited by auto1701

SGP-melaka-penang-CH-SGP

If you follow the speed limit and drive in a relaxed manner, Attrage can conquer Thailand too.

Anyway, the greatest mistake is to void the manual option in SG.

Attrage, with it's 1.2l engine would be as better drive in manual.

I have reached 23km/l myself but of course, that is the average from point I top up the tank and reset the FC reading. If highway/urban pattern is 30/80 like mine, overall will get about 14-15km. But if you drive to KL or Penang on NS highway, it's possible to reach actual 25km/l. Hybrid and EV technology caters to a different group. These are people who want good FC but do not want to sacrifice the premium comforts. The car kerb weight is much heavier due to sound proofing, etc but still able to achieve the same or better FC. But they also need to resort to techniques like shutting down engines at red light which I find irritating in my friend's car. But who knows. Maybe in 3-5 years, they may launch a hydrid version of Attrage with a 1.3l engine. :)

Bro. I also scared of cold. My a/c normally at 25deg Fan speed 1 but on hot afternoons, I drop it to 23 and fan speed 3. Have tried 21 deg but after a while, my hands become too cold, bah.

Don't think its possible to run with blower only because the cabin would heat up quickly. If you wind down your windows, FC becomes worse as your rear acts like a parachute. 

But your experience is consistent with what some are saying online. Seems our compressor pulls alot of power from the small engine, so if you switch it off, FC improvement is obvious.  :)

I reiterate the manual and my SE reminded to use RON95 and above only. 

Seems strange because only Singapore and 1 other country has this requirement. The other country models allow for RON92.

Mitsubishi car air con is cold.

If you scare cold,then you should drive Korean car cos their air con not that cold according to my experience.lol....

If you follow the speed limit and drive in a relaxed manner, Attrage can conquer Thailand too.

Anyway, the greatest mistake is to void the manual option in SG.

Attrage, with it's 1.2l engine would be as better drive in manual.

Thanks for your reply.

Looking for a specific answer on the reliability of engine braking though.

Because attrage only has D and B. I find B abit strong when going down a steep MSCP. If B too strong then I'll end up going too slow down the hill or end up having to accelerate down. Conversely if I switch to D will end up burning my brakes.

Mitsubishi car air con is cold.

If you scare cold,then you should drive Korean car cos their air con not that cold according to my experience.lol....

I drove Korean cars for 18 years before the Attrage. They are cold enough also :)

SGP-melaka-penang-CH-SGP

I drove my attrage to Penang in April this year. In terms of engine braking, not as pronounced as a traditional auto gb. Shift to B and have to wait a while before the can feel the engine brake effect. Probably just watch your speed and standby your foot on the brake for quicker deceleration if needed.

One attrage owner recently drove up to genting over the national day long weekend.

I drove my attrage to Penang in April this year. In terms of engine braking, not as pronounced as a traditional auto gb. Shift to B and have to wait a while before the can feel the engine brake effect. Probably just watch your speed and standby your foot on the brake for quicker deceleration if needed.

One attrage owner recently drove up to genting over the national day long weekend.

Thanks for your reply.

Is it OK to shift to B at speed? Say 70kmph?

Thanks for your reply.

Is it OK to shift to B at speed? Say 70kmph?

B is engine braking, aka low gear, why would u want to shift to B at 70km/h. It's like shifting from gear 4 to gear 1 suddenly. 

B is engine braking, aka low gear, why would u want to shift to B at 70km/h. It's like shifting from gear 4 to gear 1 suddenly.

B is not equivalent to gear 1. It's just a fixed higher RPM, typically around 3-4k. It's mot elike shifting to gear 3

Possible scenarios, driving at 70kmph when encounter a down hill segment.

Anyone tried before, fastest I shifted to B is 30kmph only

I’ve checked with c&c mechanics before. They say no need to stop to shift to B, Low speed when travelling down slope or uphill is fine. When I asked how low is low they didn’t really answer.

B is not equivalent to gear 1. It's just a fixed higher RPM, typically around 3-4k. It's mot elike shifting to gear 3

Possible scenarios, driving at 70kmph when encounter a down hill segment.

Anyone tried before, fastest I shifted to B is 30kmph only

Instead of changing to B, why not just pull the handbrake and drift down? ð¤£

Ok jokes aside, just control using foot brake down the hill on neutral, should be fine. Once in a while ain't gonna bust your brakes or gearbox anyway.

Never ever go down on a down slope in 'N' just relying on your brakes. You are going to kill yourself with absolutely no engine braking. It should be either in D or B for very slow and steep slope.

Never ever go down on a down slope in 'N' just relying on your brakes. You are going to kill yourself with absolutely no engine braking. It should be either in D or B for very slow and steep slope.

i meant cruising down hills in general but yah if steep slope better to go on an even lower mode. 

↡ Advertisement