Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

6 minutes ago, QSZA said:

Noticed that there are fewer and fewer Attrage PHVs on the roads. Was at C&C earlier speaking to an SE and she said majority of PHVs have been scrapped due to high COE rebate. Hmm...

Yes also noticed PHV Attrage now mainly with newer car plates. Not many PHV Attrages now as compared to the past. Not sure if Attrage can last high mileage if so. But earlier batches of Attrage bought with high COE and so could be sold to get back the value. Then again there are a number of used Attrages in sgcarmart.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, minty said:

Yes also noticed PHV Attrage now mainly with newer car plates. Not many PHV Attrages now as compared to the past. Not sure if Attrage can last high mileage if so. But earlier batches of Attrage bought with high COE and so could be sold to get back the value. Then again there are a number of used Attrages in sgcarmart.

Not sure about PHV vehicles but I am seeing alot more new Attrages on the road. I guess it hits the sweet spot in being almost the cheapest ride available to people to really want a car (like me).  C&C is selling quite a lot these days. 

By the way, I have a odd issue. My FC has been increasing as I drive the car, from initial 12-13km to about 15km now. Some dude here mentioned after a year, the FC will improve as the parts get worn in. He was right. And then this odd thing happened. For my last tank, I was travelling mostly expressway (80%) and most of the time, the FC reported onboard 18-22km/l. When I went and pumped petrol, based on my experience, I expected to pump about 28 litres for an FC of about 16km/l but I ended up pumping 32litres instead and yielded 14km/l. This is very odd, because the last tank was about 40% expressway with 15km/l whereas this tank was 80% expressway and only 14km/l. Some guy mentioned that there is a possibility petrol station pump is sometimes not accurate and may overcharge. I am not sure if this is true. Anyone have similar experience? Otherwise it makes no sense I am pumping more fuel than usual.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, auto1701 said:

Not sure about PHV vehicles but I am seeing alot more new Attrages on the road. I guess it hits the sweet spot in being almost the cheapest ride available to people to really want a car (like me).  C&C is selling quite a lot these days. 

By the way, I have a odd issue. My FC has been increasing as I drive the car, from initial 12-13km to about 15km now. Some dude here mentioned after a year, the FC will improve as the parts get worn in. He was right. And then this odd thing happened. For my last tank, I was travelling mostly expressway (80%) and most of the time, the FC reported onboard 18-22km/l. When I went and pumped petrol, based on my experience, I expected to pump about 28 litres for an FC of about 16km/l but I ended up pumping 32litres instead and yielded 14km/l. This is very odd, because the last tank was about 40% expressway with 15km/l whereas this tank was 80% expressway and only 14km/l. Some guy mentioned that there is a possibility petrol station pump is sometimes not accurate and may overcharge. I am not sure if this is true. Anyone have similar experience? Otherwise it makes no sense I am pumping more fuel than usual.

It is likely due to your foot adjusting to the car's characteristic.

Fuel economy should be calculated based on average of a few trips since different pump attendant tops up full tank differently.

Been driving my attrage for about 5 months, coming to 10k soon 

Driven to penang and back once. 

- Anyone notice the car slightly jerky when moving off under the faintest of accelerator press? Under normal or hard acceleration no jerky. 

- When accelerating (be in hard or gradual), at 50-60kmph there will be a slight lurge as if cvt is programmed with an artificial gear. 

- When coasting down from speed, the coasting is unpredictable. Sometimes the cvt seem to "remain in gear" causing engine braking, other times it coast much longer. When slowing down (without braking) past 30kmph, RPM also blips up to above 1.5k before dropping back down. 

- screeching brakes when light braking. Hard braking no sound.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:31 PM, auto1701 said:

hmm ... maybe tyre pressure & coolant level ?

1 hour ago, superzhen said:

Been driving my attrage for about 5 months, coming to 10k soon 

Driven to penang and back once. 

- Anyone notice the car slightly jerky when moving off under the faintest of accelerator press? Under normal or hard acceleration no jerky. 

- When accelerating (be in hard or gradual), at 50-60kmph there will be a slight lurge as if cvt is programmed with an artificial gear. 

- When coasting down from speed, the coasting is unpredictable. Sometimes the cvt seem to "remain in gear" causing engine braking, other times it coast much longer. When slowing down (without braking) past 30kmph, RPM also blips up to above 1.5k before dropping back down. 

- screeching brakes when light braking. Hard braking no sound.

When I first go the car, I did notice it tended to downshift too quickly. But these days, I don't notice it. Either I go used to it or the ECU learnt my style and adjusted. Otherwise the rest no issue.

Looking out for new Attrage design on 18 Nov!

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/newsrelease/2019/detail1228.html?intcid3=FBen_20191107_na

Neutral Newbie
On 11/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, auto1701 said:

When I first go the car, I did notice it tended to downshift too quickly. But these days, I don't notice it. Either I go used to it or the ECU learnt my style and adjusted. Otherwise the rest no issue.

same here. but when i send to sc checking and setting, they told me no problem

1 hour ago, Ragion said:

same here. but when i send to sc checking and setting, they told me no problem

It's probably how the software was written to behave... 🙂  

Neutral Newbie
On 11/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, auto1701 said:

It's probably how the software was written to behave... 🙂  

I guess so, as known asx had owners complain the same thing and Mitsubishi explain this is software setting problem, after update gearbox firmware solve. I went to SC request update but they just help calibrate...

57 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Looks like only the external shell has been replaced. Internally looks exactly alike. Had assumed since this is a facelifted model, at least will have some improvements like sunglasses holder, back cabin light. And perhaps a redesign of the aircon vents. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the old styling. The new model will appeal to the younger drivers though as it looks more aggressive. 🙂

• Praise 1