Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

On 11/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, moke72 said:

I have done the Zertona paint protection 2 weeks ago. My car is white. Felt it's worth as C&C gives you voucher 50% off and you can use the service credit to pay. The coating will last 1.5 years. No need polishing. The paint surface looks and feels smoother. I noticed dust and dirt collect lesser on the paint-work. Overall happy I took advantage of the offer.

Now they only give 40% off voucher and cannot use service credit liao. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

19 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

ya people who love the Attrage are a rare breed or work for mitsubishi ah =D

Haha, my dad bought the Attrage purely because it was the second cheapest new car during CB. Cheapest new car was Perodua Bezza.

2 minutes ago, Josephthm said:

Curious, wouldn't bezza be a more value for money car compared to attrage? What's the main draw for attrage?

Airbags. 🤣

2 airbags is just so 2000s.

Edited by Fcw75

For me, I like the styling, the design and the internal spaciousness. Downgrading from the Cerato, what I lost is a little flexibility (smaller boot, no rear cabin light, lesser storage space, etc) and somewhat weaker (due to 1.2l)  pickup which I have gotten used to by now. What I gained is keyless entry and it sips petrol especially on the highway. During the CBP, I clocked 17km/l for 2 tanks. But now that traffic is back to almost norm, it has dropped back to 15-16km. Still better than the 10km I was getting with my old car. And of course, the price too. The closest car to it was the Nissan Note and Hyundai Accent, but both about $4k more. The Mote does not have a boot while the FC for the Accent is only 12km/l (real life clocking by my colleague) and tight rear space. I looked at the Bezza too of course but it was still $2K more and I hated the styling. I prefer the Mitsubishi brand too..Another thing, while it is spacious inside due to long wheel base, it is tiny outside, so easier to park etc haha

Edited by auto1701

On 9/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, Fcw75 said:

You got the FL Attrage too.

Any difference between pre FL and FL Attrage? 

You must be a strong supporter of Mitsubishi or Attrage.

Gear change smoother, other then that pretty much all the same. the audio unit is not JVC, cant customize the steering buttons. i bought it cost its cheap and good FC.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, D_orai said:

Anyone changed tyres recently for their Attrage?

Any drawbacks when changing to 195 profile instead of stock 185?

Staying on stock rims btw

Why do you want to change to 195? It will be a bit more stable for sharp cornering, but the type of people who will buy an Attrage is not the type who are looking for sports mods etc, more likely budget conscious families. So most Attrages are typically stock if you see them on the road although in Thailand they are modding like nobody's business with all kinds of kits. 🙂 

My tyres are likely a few months from replacement but I am thinking of changing from the Sports Potenza to the fuel saving Turanza. Anyone has changed to these tyres? 

13 hours ago, auto1701 said:

Why do you want to change to 195? It will be a bit more stable for sharp cornering, but the type of people who will buy an Attrage is not the type who are looking for sports mods etc, more likely budget conscious families. So most Attrages are typically stock if you see them on the road although in Thailand they are modding like nobody's business with all kinds of kits. 🙂 

My tyres are likely a few months from replacement but I am thinking of changing from the Sports Potenza to the fuel saving Turanza. Anyone has changed to these tyres? 

Yesterday my front right tyre exploded after going over a huge rock on the expressway. Was driving in the wee hours of the morning and the rock wasn't visible until it was too late. Haiz... Had to find a replacement tyre within the same day as spare tyre was only a space-saver. Called up about 10 shops and all said that they only either had really cheap China-brand tyres or older-model tyres had were manufactured long ago for the attrage's stock size so I was hesitant (Not that I had anything against China-brand tyres, I wanted something that had more value for the money I was paying since I was changing all 4 tyres since all of them were worn down to below 3mm).  However one of the more reputable tyre shops said that they had RE004 for the attrage, but only in 195/50 size. Enquired on feasibility of fitting it to the stock rim and he assured me that the difference between stock size and this size is marginal so won't have issue. Did some size calculations (and also tried asking on the forum for advice) and realized that the size difference was indeed really marginal so I went ahead with the decision to replace to 195/50 RE004 tyres. So far the tyres seem more pliant than my old Yokohama AE50.

Like you, I also wanted to change to fuel-saving tyres after the original set of potenza S001 that came with the car got worn down, so I had changed to the AE50 back then (promoted as an economy tyre). Honestly there wasn't much improvement in fuel economy even though my driving style stayed the same (I do about 90% expressway driving a week since I live in the south and have to travel to Changi for work everyday so in theory, any improvement in fuel consumption would be very obvious). Only experienced an increase in total range by 20km consistently for the 2 years that I had used the AE50.

Edited by D_orai
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

21 hours ago, auto1701 said:

The attrage comes with 195/45/R16 in certain market, so should not be a problem except your speedo will be slightly off as it's calibrated for 185/55/R15

Upsizing to 195 width on the stock 15" rims shouldn't be an issue. Think workshops will file the edge of the rims to accommodate the thicker tires.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/mitsubishi/attrage/2019/

Edited by Ceecookie

12 hours ago, Lucifire said:

Hi all, anyone have positive results switching to fuel saving tyres? If so what brand and how much fuel savings? 

how much fuel savings are you looking at? if fuel cost was a concern, i understand why you bought an attrage but how much more do you want. anymore might as well just park the car in the carpark and not use it. 

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

how much fuel savings are you looking at? if fuel cost was a concern, i understand why you bought an attrage but how much more do you want. anymore might as well just park the car in the carpark and not use it. 

Do it the flintstone way. Confirm fuel saving.

5BD42F2E-5801-4F59-AB9F-E87449DC4F8D.jpeg

• Haha! 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:20 PM, Lucifire said:

Hi all, anyone have positive results switching to fuel saving tyres? If so what brand and how much fuel savings? 

The next best option to the costly Michelin XM2 @ just 60% the price of the Michelin.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=2090

image.thumb.png.710f626e27b1c40b7bd7796a838c69f7.png

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement