Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Can I check if there is any way to make the engine quieter?

Still under AD warranty but wah can hear the car downstairs from our hdb unit upstairs... Like got any setting that can request the AD technician to adjust one ma?

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Still under AD warranty but wah can hear the car downstairs from our hdb unit upstairs... Like got any setting that can request the AD technician to adjust one ma?

Hahaha, a bit exaggerating leh.

It’s a budget car bro with a 3 cylinder engine. Confirm noisier and more vibration.

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

soundproof the bonnet?

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Hahaha, a bit exaggerating leh.

It’s a budget car bro with a 3 cylinder engine. Confirm noisier and more vibration.

Really can hear from my 8th floor unit la very loud one =D

13 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Bro, you thinking of changing your car to Honda Civic? 

I think Hondas also quite noisy, especially the Shuttle and Vezel...I almost thought its a diesel car.

But really, soundproofing is the way to go. But research before doing so to ensure it is applied judiciously.

26 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Maybe it’s the lorry next to the Attrage? Haha

3 hours ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Bro, you thinking of changing your car to Honda Civic? 

I was watching a few of Civic vs Altis vs Mazda 3 video reviews so I'm very intrigued by the Civic which is almost universally loved by all the reviewers across the world =D

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe it’s the lorry next to the Attrage? Haha

Nope it's my in-law's car and i hear it every time! It's a bit softer than my neighbour's ferrari only... (okay la this one i exaggerating a bit) =D

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

You know, all car engines will be noisy as is. The more cylinders the smoother and slightly more quiet the engine. I can hardly hear my engine in idling mode standing 20m away. The quietness comes from the sound proofing. Attrage sound proofing is not as premium so will definitely be noiser but not from 8th floor leh. When you rev up during pickup it will be noisier than other cars but once you reach cruising speed, it quiet down drastically. 

If you want to reduce external noise, need to change to better sound proofing material on your bonnet and engine wall. 

For internal quietness, people will line the underside of the carpet with sound proof sheets and insert sound proofing stuffing into the doors. The better ones are not cheap and heavy too. You can also apply Sound Clad (product name) to the tyre well. This will dampen road noise. Change to quieter tyres like Yokohama DBs or the Bridgestone Turanzas. Also, some owners have added a foam lining to the edge of the door to cut wind noise. They swear that it makes a big difference. For me, I have not done any of that. The car works as I need and surprisingly to me, its quieter than I thought especially cruising on smooth roads like the KPE tunnel.  To each his own I guess. If the car is new, I suggest you drive for 1-2 months o get used to it first. After that if it still irritate syou, then proceed to do something. Cos need time to get used to a different car :) 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, auto1701 said:

A car review of the face-lifted Attrage. 🙂 

The only gripe I have is it doesn’t come with auto headlights whereas the Space Star does....wtf? Always good to have.

That time during the CB, the deal was good. $63999 with $3000 service credit, $300 accessories credit and extra half year road tax. It’s for the limited edition too. Don’t even need $70000.

Edited by Fcw75

On 10/10/2020 at 3:21 AM, yellowshaun said:

use a thicker engine oil.

Neutral Newbie
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:17 PM, Rooney3 said:

Anyone got good agent to recommend for Mitsubishi? Preferably if you bought from him/her at good price!

Hi Hi,

any good SE to intro? thanks