Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

I'm curious how this small & underpowered car will perform in SG context...

It's immensely popular in US due to low cost & fuel frugality.

Anyone test drive or bought 1? Comments?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

(edited)

I'm curious how this small & underpowered car will perform in SG context...

It's immensely popular in US due to low cost & fuel frugality.

Anyone test drive or bought 1? Comments?

Test drove it.. It is using CVT, pick up is slow.. When I Rev the car, it has the rubber band effect...

Checked the test drive car... The actual fuel consumption was 11.2km/l...i am assuming 100% city and everyone just Rev Rev the car due to poor power. It's only 78bhp at 1200cc

When applying the brakes, it's gradual cos it uses the inferior drum brakes instead of all wheels disc brakes. It has ABS thought but not stability nor traction control.

But must comment and give credits, the specs offered for this car is good with automatic air con, keyless entry, push start stop, high profile rims and tyres. But in spite of that, perhaps due to its interior design. It looks cheap. There is no armrest also.

But if one is on a budget and wants a Japanese car, this is the best you can get. It's also made in thailand and has very impressive interior leg room and boot space.

If you are a first time car owner, then this car will serve your needs. But if u have driven 1.5 / 1.6l car, then u will be disappointed with the poor power and CVT rubber band effect.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 6

(edited)

The car reviewer keeps talking about mitsubishi... Zzzz.. Everything except attrage in the beginning.. He mentioned he has drove it for a day. Then in one of the scene.. I saw the fuel consumption... 8.2l/100km. He never even mentioned about it That translates to 12km/l.. A super far cry from 21km/l. Maybe it's achieve able if you have a feather light foot.

Enough said..

Edited by Ivan_06

Twincharged

Test drove it.. It is using CVT, pick up is slow.. When I Rev the car, it has the rubber band effect...

Checked the test drive car... The actual fuel consumption was 11.2km/l...i am assuming 100% city and everyone just Rev Rev the car due to poor power. It's only 78bhp at 1200cc

When applying the brakes, it's gradual cos it uses the inferior drum brakes instead of all wheels disc brakes. It has ABS thought but not stability nor traction control.

But must comment and give credits, the specs offered for this car is good with automatic air con, keyless entry, push start stop, high profile rims and tyres. But in spite of that, perhaps due to its interior design. It looks cheap. There is no armrest also.

But if one is on a budget and wants a Japanese car, this is the best you can get. It's also made in thailand and has very impressive interior leg room and boot space.

If you are a first time car owner, then this car will serve your needs. But if u have driven 1.5 / 1.6l car, then u will be disappointed with the poor power and CVT rubber band effect.

Drum brakes not inferior la. It's heat dissipation is poorer that the disc but by no means it is poor that it makes braking ineffective. You are not racing the car, will not see any diff with rear as drum.

• Praise 5

Drum brakes not inferior la. It's heat dissipation is poorer that the disc but by no means it is poor that it makes braking ineffective. You are not racing the car, will not see any diff with rear as drum.

Go try it out, I had negative experiences with drum brakes in the past. So prefers all wheels disc brakes, can feel the bite of the brakes when it's most needed in circumstances when you had to jam brake. foreseen Even Christopher of straits times mentioned the brakes are gradual.

Test driven the attrage, this car is extremely underpower. Car vibrate when stationary and car jerk when moving off. Mitsubishi should have put a Toyota vios 1.5L engine in this attrage.

• Praise 3

(edited)

From Google.. Not just I say.

What are the benefits of disc brakes?

Increased stopping power over drum brakes.

Better heat dissipation than drum brakes.

Disc brake systems can be inspected without removing your wheels.

Unlike drum brakes, disc brake system are completely, self-adjusting.

Brake pedal feel and modulation are improved.

Disc brakes are more common, so you have a wide selection of performance disc brake pads to choose from.

In a nutshell, disc brakes provide better stopping power, making them the clear choice for any style of driving

Test driven the attrage, this car is extremely underpower. Car vibrate when stationary and car jerk when moving off. Mitsubishi should have put a Toyota vios 1.5L engine in this attrage.

The old vios was good. Drove one for 9.5 years, 109bhp with all wheels disc brakes, century sprint at 9.8s for manual transmission.

To be fair, attrage is only 76bhp. So the figures do not lie. Ultimately TS needs to test drive.. If you are a first time car owner, this car will suit you as you had not experienced the better bhp of other cars in the bnb category.

I will give attrage the due credit. It's very very easy to drive. So for first time car owner, this is important. One of the smallest turning radius in town at 4.8m

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

The car reviewer keeps talking about mitsubishi... Zzzz.. Everything except attrage in the beginning.. He mentioned he has drove it for a day. Then in one of the scene.. I saw the fuel consumption... 8.2l/100km. He never even mentioned about it That translates to 12km/l.. A super far cry from 21km/l. Maybe it's achieve able if you have a feather light foot.

Enough said..

Kind of true. But those aside, you see the see various aspect of the car in question.

Maybe TS can check out the Nissan Almera as well. 1.5l engine, as well as massive space for such a small car.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Kind of true. But those aside, you see the see various aspect of the car in question.

Maybe TS can check out the Nissan Almera as well. 1.5l engine, as well as massive space for such a small car.

I think I need to make an amendment. The 11.2 figure which I saw in the test drive car in length should corresponds to 11.2l/100km.

That would mean 9km/l. Not surprisingly as you need to floor the accelerator to get the power, not that it has much to begin with. And being aaestate drive car, people just whacked it.

Dun know whether the video was a paid advertisement by C&C for mitsubishi.

Edited by Ivan_06

Turbocharged

I think paultan (or other one? I know its a malaysian site) testing the Attrage achieve 24km/l or something like that when they were challenging Mitsubishi's 21km/l claim.....

But for them, it's because they were trying really, really hard to get max economy. Normal drivers would expect 10~15 I think... worse if you are going to redline to get that puny 78hp

• Praise 3

(edited)

Somehow this car reminds me of the Nissan Latio.

Fugly, weedy engine with rubber band gb and not as frugal as claimed.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

I think I need to make an amendment. The 11.2 figure which I saw in the test drive car in length should corresponds to 11.2l/100km.

That would mean 9km/l. Not surprisingly as you need to floor the accelerator to get the power, not that it has much to begin with. And being aaestate drive car, people just whacked it.

Dun know whether the video was a paid advertisement by C&C for mitsubishi.

To be honest, a such a small 1.2l car, fuel economy at 9km/l? That pretty rubbish to be honest. Especially since Japanese cars are well known for their fuel economy.

Hypersonic

I think paultan (or other one? I know its a malaysian site) testing the Attrage achieve 24km/l or something like that when they were challenging Mitsubishi's 21km/l claim.....

But for them, it's because they were trying really, really hard to get max economy. Normal drivers would expect 10~15 I think... worse if you are going to redline to get that puny 78hp

To achieved the FC of 24km/l, most likely they switch off the air-conditioning, drive with all window up. All test road with no traffic light. Rpm never go above 1500, speed less than 60km/h.....

In the real world, no one will drive like this....

• Praise 2

To achieved the FC of 24km/l, most likely they switch off the air-conditioning, drive with all window up. All test road with no traffic light. Rpm never go above 1500, speed less than 60km/h.....

In the real world, no one will drive like this....

More like full tank then slowly roll down from mount faber.

• Praise 2

Well, it is supposed to be the cheapest japanese branded car available in SG @ 90k & yet they scrimp on the Sat nav/reverse camera module that overseas model options offer.

This car is very popular in Philippines & can u imagine your pinoy colleagues/friends surprise if we told them the Attrage cost SGD$90k here, based on a 10 year tenure somemore.

Such is life indeed...

• Praise 1

I guess in the context of value, you get what you pay for. Looks good on paper for point A to point B use.

That video review is really poorly-done though (nothing to do with the car, I'm referring to the overall production quality etc)... I didn't have the patience to finish watching it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3