Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

My engine coolant warning light (the icon that looks like a upturned key) came on and stayed on for 2 to 3 minutes when I started the car this morning. Gave me a scare. It was green colour though, not red!! This indicates that the engine temperature is lower than normal. Is this normal or have anyone encountered this before? Am wondering if I should get it checked asap or wait till 1k servicing. :mellow:

Normal. My old Nissan 2007 Lafesta also has this.

The light (blue for mine) will come on when the engine is warming up and disappear after a while.

You should be more worried when it does not light up when you start the car after you stopped your car for a long time or first thing in the morning. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Test drive a new Attrage once, vibration at stationary is really bad. Can't imagine how bad it will be after 5-7 years.

The BMW 318 uses a 1.5l 3 cylinder 12V engine but it does not vibrate. I wonder why the Attrage,  which also uses a  3 cylinder 12V engine vibrates so much.

accompany friend looking for new budget car, attrage, accent, avante, vios ...

Your friend now has  another option - Perodua MYVI

If he wants a safe choice, its got to be the VIOS. Now selling at 78k for the E version.

The BMW 318 uses a 1.5l 3 cylinder 12V engine but it does not vibrate. I wonder why the Attrage,  which also uses a  3 cylinder 12V engine vibrates so much.

Your friend now has  another option - Perodua MYVI

Turbocharged

If he wants a safe choice, its got to be the VIOS. Now selling at 78k for the E version.

Vios is overpriced at $78K.

Better to get the Hyundai Avante at $70K or Kia Cerato at $72K

accompany friend looking for new budget car, attrage, accent, avante, vios ...

Budget car, best in its price category. Avante.

Test drive a new Attrage once, vibration at stationary is really bad. Can't imagine how bad it will be after 5-7 years.

Bad? The vibration of attrage is at same level as Honda HR-V, Jazz, Altis and even Audi A4. Maybe just slightly more vibration. I have been driving attrage for nearly a year now and test drive or rent other models.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Yes. I always reset my trip meter after pumping. I take total mileage divided by how much fuel I topped up. That is how I get the mileage.

For the record date, yup, made a mistake and then continued from there. ! :P 

Will correct at my next update :)

I pump often because the tank is small. Only 42 litres compared with my old Cerato 55 litres. I noted the earlier Mirage (US name) models only have 35l tank..from the online brochures I downloaded. So 42 is an improvement. If they opt for 45 or 50 litre would be better but then, the car would also be heavier.

No, not working in Jewel. But did drop by thinking some shops were opened but I was wrong and amazingly, the car park charges have started unlike the norm for new malls where parking is free. Maybe because it is linked to T1.

The 15km/l hard to sustain.  I am only getting this because this tank has alot of highway driving. But I am going back to the normal jammed route after this week, so I guess based on the road conditions, it will hover around 13-14km/l. I am happy with it as it is already way better than my Cerato but would be happier still if I can hit 17km/l like my weekend-plate Attrage colleague! He has the car 2 years and gets between 16-18km/l consistently.. :)

IIRC, that light stays on when the car is warming up but usually will switch off after 1-2 min.. 

Good FC  [thumbsup]  thanks to CVT, sub-tonne weight and small cc engine. 

• Praise 1

Just done up my 1k today. For those who have gotten the new car, please check whether you experienced squeaking sound during braking. Mine need to replace the rusty brake clip but unfortunately need to wait for 2 weeks to a month!  [blush]

seem to be common i had the same issue too..they say will check and change this and that... but after 3 times i got pissed and made one hell of complaint and they changed the whole pad citing out of goodwill because its consumable parts but come on man its brand new!!!!! 

so it was changed at 5k and all good till  now at 30K got some slight squeaking sound again!!! not sure to waste my time going down or wait till next servicing to feedback.. the servicing at cycle and carriage is quite crappy.

1) 1K  brakes squeaking so during service told them to try fix it.. it was quiet for 200km and after that same squeaky sound

2) Reverse sensor faulty so went back change and told them about brakes again to fix

3) Finally brake pads are changed at 5K after much hoo ha!!!

4) Found some minor scratches after service but SA said its a small scratch. They tried to polish it away but unable to and the SA offer to share cost to respray at 50-50...zz i rejected. but since really minor scratch nvm.

5) after 30K service, They lost that valet piece at my door handle during servicing so screws are exposed but because i drove out already and called back over the phone,  the same SA told me he try to find and hung up.  i think he probably just ignore me so i probably will write in again.

In addition, i have no idea how long my car was left idle because constantly i get at least 500km/31L but during that servicing it was 460km/33L was dumbfounded. 

• Praise 1

seem to be common i had the same issue too..they say will check and change this and that... but after 3 times i got pissed and made one hell of complaint and they changed the whole pad citing out of goodwill because its consumable parts but come on man its brand new!!!!!

so it was changed at 5k and all good till now at 30K got some slight squeaking sound again!!! not sure to waste my time going down or wait till next servicing to feedback.. the servicing at cycle and carriage is quite crappy.

1) 1K brakes squeaking so during service told them to try fix it.. it was quiet for 200km and after that same squeaky sound

2) Reverse sensor faulty so went back change and told them about brakes again to fix

4) Found some minor scratches after service but SA said its a small scratch. They tried to polish it away but unable to and the SA offer to share cost to respray at 50-50...zz i rejected. but since really minor scratch nvm.

5) after 30K service, They lost that valet piece at my door handle during servicing so screws are exposed but because i drove out already and called back over the phone, the same SA told me he try to find and hung up. i think he probably just ignore me so i probably will write in again.

In addition, i have no idea how long my car was left idle because constantly i get at least 500km/31L but during that servicing it was 460km/33L was dumbfounded.

U went to which branch?

Your fuel economy seems very far from the 26.4km/l achieved - https://www.torque.com.sg/news/mitsubishi-attrage-fuel-efficiency-challenge/

Must read the whole article mah. Pure highway and continuous driving with focus on fuel economy.

26+km is indeed impressive. I ever reached 22km/l travelling in light to moderate traffic from Tuas to Changi recently, so 26 is very doable on the NS highway. Even my Cerato can jump from my 100% urban cycle of 9+km/l to 14+km/l on the NS highway, and that is while travelling above the economical speed. :) Sadly, my home to office route is way too congested. Have to wait 3 light changes to pass a traffic light and drive in start stop traffic. So 11-13km is about the norm under those conditions. This is compared with my Cerato at 9km/l on the same route. If ever have the chance to drive to KL again, will do an FC trial.. :)

Edited by auto1701
  • Praise 1

If you are used to better sedans, and driving a newer one, that observation is normal. I felt the vibration is obvious compared with my sedan when I first tested it also. But after driving it for a week, it just melded into the background and I don't even notice it anymore unless I specifically look out for it. So adjustment is fairly easy. But for those who are used to premium feel, better look at the Avante or Cerato. The Attrage is packaged to look decent but does not hide that it is a budget car targeted at a specific demographic segment and I am one of them! haha.. 

As for degradation, it will be progressive so you will not notice. At year 10, I replaced the engine mounts and shock absorbers of my Cerato. Was surprised at how quiet and smooth it was after the restoration. As the items deterorated over 10 years, I simply got used to it without noticing. So when they were replaced and restored to new car condition, it was obvious! :)

Neutral Newbie

so it was changed at 5k and all good till now at 30K got some slight squeaking sound again!!! not sure to waste my time going down or wait till next servicing to feedback.. the servicing at cycle and carriage is quite crappy.

1) 1K brakes squeaking so during service told them to try fix it.. it was quiet for 200km and after that same squeaky sound

5) after 30K service, They lost that valet piece at my door handle during servicing so screws are exposed but because i drove out already and called back over the phone, the same SA told me he try to find and hung up. i think he probably just ignore me so i probably will write in again.

• Praise 1

A  3-cylinder is inherently unstable. The key difference between a $$$ BMW and the Attrage are the premium vibration absorbing engine mounts and other accessories included to absorb the vibration. You get what you paid for. You cannot be paying twice the price and still feel like a budget car, buyers will complain especially since the BMW has a reputation to maintain. For sound proofing, it's possible to make the Attrage very quiet internally but price would be a heavier car and poorer FC. For vibration, I think there is not much that can be done unless there are after-market products that replace the engine mount with better ones...

5) after 30K service, They lost that valet piece at my door handle during servicing so screws are exposed but because i drove out already and called back over the phone,  the same SA told me he try to find and hung up.  i think he probably just ignore me so i probably will write in again.

Wow Bro, you getting consistent 16km/l ? ...Bagus! :)

What exactly is this "valet piece" that you are talking about? 

Usually after servicing, I do a quick inspection of the car, so anything I discover can be raised on the spot.

--------------

Some Queries to ask the bros : 

1. Does anymore know if its possible to buy a Cairefresh HEPA aircon filter ? Been looking for one since the haze started. Seems Cairefresh does not have option for the Attrage/Mirage..

2. Also, anyone using car air purifier? Which model and where? 

3. Some bro mentioned about a pad liner for the boot cover. I noticed its exposed panel but seem to have holes to mount a pad. I even saw a Malaysian Attrage for sale with the pad installed, so it is available. But I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance :)

U went to which branch?

first 1k was at Alexandra the rest all at  Pandan Gardens! Perhaps they see attrage no up.

There is a SA whom i really like at pandan gardens but always no chance serve by him. always tio another guy. but usually go pandan gardens as nearer to office

Wow Bro, you getting consistent 16km/l ? ...Bagus! :)

What exactly is this "valet piece" that you are talking about? 

Usually after servicing, I do a quick inspection of the car, so anything I discover can be raised on the spot.

--------------

Some Queries to ask the bros : 

1. Does anymore know if its possible to buy a Cairefresh HEPA aircon filter ? Been looking for one since the haze started. Seems Cairefresh does not have option for the Attrage/Mirage..

2. Also, anyone using car air purifier? Which model and where? 

3. Some bro mentioned about a pad liner for the boot cover. I noticed its exposed panel but seem to have holes to mount a pad. I even saw a Malaysian Attrage for sale with the pad installed, so it is available. But I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance :)

different route from you.I stay at SK area and work in Jurong west hence, daily route is TPE-SLE-KJE-PIE which i average 19km/l per trip. Hence, when you factor in other usual traffic outside my FC is much better than yours which you do alot of city driving. Oh ya usually after Engine oil change i feel FC is the best :D

Previously was abit better but after i installed some noise insulation at wheel arc and under carriage the FC drop abit but drive more comfy :P give and take

the "valet piece" is at the bottom of the inside handle of your car. looks like a trapezoidal shape... sorry if can tmr i will take a photo show you.

but honesty i am quite please with the car lah but i really really hope it can maintain like that for next 9 years :D 

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

@salnts, @auto1701,

Can ask you both what really to lookout for when collection of car.

What the SA name in pandan garden who u hope to be serve

• Praise 1

How to achieve with normal driving conditions....

Also, there is something very important that was not mentioned in the article.

Speed. Going at 80km/h on the highway will definitely get better FC than 140km/h.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5