Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Turbocharged

Hi fellas,

Did you notice both the original carpet as well as the third party mat does not cover the left foot rest ?

Looking at the thin carpeting material, not sure if it will last 10 years of resting your foot there. Is there any way to cover that up?

Mat usually don't cover foot rest cause supposed to have a metal pad, u still can customised it outside.
↡ Advertisement

Hi fellas,

Did you notice both the original carpet as well as the third party mat does not cover the left foot rest ?

Looking at the thin carpeting material, not sure if it will last 10 years of resting your foot there. Is there any way to cover that up?

My old 3M mats are big enough to cover. But cos its abit too big, it kind of obstruct the accelerator pedal, quite dangerous, so i shifted it to the left and it covers the left foot rest totally.

CnC mats cannot make it wan lah. Hard to clean wen dirty.

@salnts, @auto1701,

Can ask you both what really to lookout for when collection of car.

What the SA name in pandan garden who u hope to be serve

Suggest u switch on ALL the lights to make sure they work. My first car, the fog lights were disconnected. I had to waste an hour or 2 to bring in the new car for them to connect back a piece of wire. Frustrating.
  • Praise 1

I notice that whenever I switch on the headlights, my head unit gets a slight interruption. I never had this b4 in my 2 previous cars. Is it an indication that the power source is inadequate or not wired properly?

• Praise 1

I notice that whenever I switch on the headlights, my head unit gets a slight interruption. I never had this b4 in my 2 previous cars. Is it an indication that the power source is inadequate or not wired properly?

Mine does not. Better get it checked...

@salnts, @auto1701,

Can ask you both what really to lookout for when collection of car.

What the SA name in pandan garden who u hope to be serve

Bro, 

I just checked and you asked me this previously. I already replied on post #3133. :)

• Praise 1

My old 3M mats are big enough to cover. But cos its abit too big, it kind of obstruct the accelerator pedal, quite dangerous, so i shifted it to the left and it covers the left foot rest totally.

I actually liked the carpet mats. Gives the car a more comfy look. The ones that came with my Cerato lasted 12 years and was still in great condition when I traded the car in. The one that wore off a little was the driver's side. That is why I was happy to get carpet again for this car. But that's my own preference. My SE also threw in those 3M type of mats which I disliked but since they were free, I just used it on top of the carpet mats. They were meant for the Attrage, so the shape also cut around the step. Maybe I will consider cutting a small strip just to cover it up. I avoid using a metal step because, then it will be the shoe insole that gets worn down faster... :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Mine does not. Better get it checked...

Bro,

I just checked and you asked me this previously. I already replied on post #3133. :)

Paiseh forget and apologize for double posting

Suggest u switch on ALL the lights to make sure they work. My first car, the fog lights were disconnected. I had to waste an hour or 2 to bring in the new car for them to connect back a piece of wire. Frustrating.

Noted will check all light and functionality
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just took over a used Attrage today! Liking it so far, but have some questions about the car was hoping you guys could help!

Somehow the FC was quite bad! A couple of trips (non-highway) showed about 9L/100km, which is pretty worrying. Was wondering whether that's normal.

Also, it seems that the mileage on the car (37.5k) is past the recommended service mileage stated on the car decal (34.9k). Should I bring the car in for servicing asap?

The car came with an in-car camera, likely left behind by the previous owner. Not sure if the thing works anymore. Any idea where I can go to get one installed? Thanks!

• Praise 1

Just took over a used Attrage today! Liking it so far, but have some questions about the car was hoping you guys could help!

Somehow the FC was quite bad! A couple of trips (non-highway) showed about 9L/100km, which is pretty worrying. Was wondering whether that's normal.

Also, it seems that the mileage on the car (37.5k) is past the recommended service mileage stated on the car decal (34.9k). Should I bring the car in for servicing asap?

The car came with an in-car camera, likely left behind by the previous owner. Not sure if the thing works anymore. Any idea where I can go to get one installed? Thanks!

If you staying north can go E-Rev at Woodlands or Han Revolution at AMK or at Tampines if you staying East. Both are good.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Your FC is about 11k/l (you can set the instrumentation to display this instead of litres per 100km). That's the typical you will get with heavy urban driving with lots of traffic light stoppages. Also, you may still be used to your older car driving style. To try and match the pickup of a 1.6l, you likely will be ramming the accelerator alot too. That will burn fuel. 

If you want to do a simple test, drive from PIE/KJE/TPE between Tuas and Changi at 80-90km/h to see if your mileage hit 20km/l. If it does, then your FC should be normal. See below for my FC record :)

For the in car camera, just google for the manual. I think the Attrage came with 2 types of cameras

only unless the owner replaced it. If you got the better one with screen, its only the front. Or you may have gotten the cheaper no-screen model that has both front and rear cameras. And it may still be working, so check before buying a new one. 

Also, good to bring the car in for servicing. The previous owner, with intention to sell, probably decided not to waste money on maintenance. 

Also, as seems some do not like it, will post my final FC record here. In future will only post on my FC if its of interest. 

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 

4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)

5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)

6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)

7th tank - 13.3km/l

8th tank - 12.9km/l

9th tank - 13.45km/l

10th tank - 13.3km/l

11th tank - 14.8km/l 

12st tank - 14.5km/l

13th tank - 15.7km/l (lots of highway as ave a project in Changi, so travelling along expressway alot more.)

14th tank - 14.8km/l (50-50 highway and heavy urban traffic)

- Will stop updating here. Average 11.46km/l. 

Edited by auto1701
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm a first time car buyer and I've test drive the Attrage at C&C Fulco @Ubi. I have no complaints as I'm looking for a point A to B car at a attractive price point. I was quoted $61,999 for the more premium model in Feb and COE has since risen by about $3k. I intend to contact the same agent at Ubi to make the downpayment. and take a60% loan for 7 years. Hong Leong Finance seem to be the only plan that doesn't have an early payment penalty.

Any advice or tips on what to look out for from fellow car owners here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi Guys,

I'm a first time car buyer and I've test drive the Attrage at C&C Fulco @Ubi. I have no complaints as I'm looking for a point A to B car at a attractive price point. I was quoted $61,999 for the more premium model in Feb and COE has since risen by about $3k. I intend to contact the same agent at Ubi to make the downpayment. and take a60% loan for 7 years. Hong Leong Finance seem to be the only plan that doesn't have an early payment penalty.

Any advice or tips on what to look out for from fellow car owners here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attrage is a good ab car for me so far. Travelled 2k since collection 1.5 months ago. Though I must say the car vibration is visible at idle and pick up is abit lagging. Road and engine noise are also points to note.

You might want to check the latest price now given that coe has risen, freebies if any. Also probably the loan interest rate and early settlement penalty, if any. My loan was with Maybank at 2.38% pa and being HP there is early full settlement penalty. Insurance takeup with AIG is also required to enjoy the selling price.

After 4 months of driving the Attrage I really got no complain of this point A to B car which fetch me and my child to work and school. On good days my FC is about 17-19 km/ltr and bad days about 14-16 km/ltr based on my weekly fuel pump calculation.

Of course being a 1.2 vehicle we can't expect much on power and picking up when over taking. Vibration is acceptable to me. Noise wise is better after I've soundproof it during my sound system upgrade. Also to say I got it during its low price period so this car is pretty much a good deal for me.

So to all potential buyers, just expect it to be what it is for this range. Don't expect too much and you will enjoy the ride.

Here in Sg I think driving a bigger and more powerful car or not won't make much difference in our road condition.

After all the comfort and interior space of Attrage isn't so bad after all. Head and leg space is definitely sufficient for average size family.

Of course if anyone wants a more powerful and requires a bigger car, I don't think he or she will be in this Attrage chatroom at all.

So i say enjoy and wishes all bros and sisters here happy driving our Attrage

Neutral Newbie

May I know is it normal to wait for almost 2 month to get your car when u purchase with C&C.

Already waited 1 month and contacted SE last Wednesday and he told me vehicle come in on 14 Apr need 3 working to configure what I purchase and spray paint and inhouse testing, then need 1 day to lta registered then early is around 22 week to get vehicle.

Wonder this is normal process or SE too overwhelming with sales and forget ABT me

Turbocharged

May I know is it normal to wait for almost 2 month to get your car when u purchase with C&C.

Already waited 1 month and contacted SE last Wednesday and he told me vehicle come in on 14 Apr need 3 working to configure what I purchase and spray paint and inhouse testing, then need 1 day to lta registered then early is around 22 week to get vehicle.

Wonder this is normal process or SE too overwhelming with sales and forget ABT me

more or less standard, those authorised dealer usually don't keep stock locally, need to wait 3-4mths is normal also. 

Yes I suppose it is normal to wait for at least 2 months. I waited for 2.5 months having booked in early Dec and collected mid Feb.

Plus yours got the paint protection works so would be slightly longer. Mine is today LTA registration and then the next day I collected.

I actually liked the carpet mats. Gives the car a more comfy look. The ones that came with my Cerato lasted 12 years and was still in great condition when I traded the car in. The one that wore off a little was the driver's side. That is why I was happy to get carpet again for this car. But that's my own preference. My SE also threw in those 3M type of mats which I disliked but since they were free, I just used it on top of the carpet mats. They were meant for the Attrage, so the shape also cut around the step. Maybe I will consider cutting a small strip just to cover it up. I avoid using a metal step because, then it will be the shoe insole that gets worn down faster... :)

@auto1701 I agree that the stock Attrage carpet mats (MY2019) are decent. I find it easy to clean away the dust and solid dirt - just flick and flap them off. The stock mats fit the car just right. But I have a problem as in my working shoes’ insole has made a dent on the mat. So there is this part on the mat between the accelerator and brake that is curved off now. Only drive for 1.5 months o.O I wonder where can I get new stock Attrage mats when it is totally worn out.

After 4 months of driving the Attrage I really got no complain of this point A to B car which fetch me and my child to work and school. On good days my FC is about 17-19 km/ltr and bad days about 14-16 km/ltr based on my weekly fuel pump calculation.

Of course being a 1.2 vehicle we can't expect much on power and picking up when over taking. Vibration is acceptable to me. Noise wise is better after I've soundproof it during my sound system upgrade. Also to say I got it during its low price period so this car is pretty much a good deal for me.

So to all potential buyers, just expect it to be what it is for this range. Don't expect too much and you will enjoy the ride.

Here in Sg I think driving a bigger and more powerful car or not won't make much difference in our road condition.

After all the comfort and interior space of Attrage isn't so bad after all. Head and leg space is definitely sufficient for average size family.

Of course if anyone wants a more powerful and requires a bigger car, I don't think he or she will be in this Attrage chatroom at all.

So i say enjoy and wishes all bros and sisters here happy driving our Attrage ð

@Qilun Agree with you and nice review of the Mitsubishi Attrage! Enjoying the ride as much as you do.

I am actually finding it a little hard to carry my baby onto and out from the car seat. Even with the back car door fully wide open. Probably due to the small size of the car interior or just that my car seat occupies too big a space.

Did you buy your car at the lowest COE price point of 23.8k? Attrage Style 1.2A was 58k on the pricelist.

How do you overcome the issue of excessive brake dust especially for the front set of wheels?

And also the squeakinggg~~ eek-eek noise when decelerating the car from higher speeds of say 70km/h?

FC after my 1k servicing seems to be worse off as compared to before the servicing.

↡ Advertisement