Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

May I check how to know if the car’s traction control is activated? Dashboard’s traction control sign does not light up. But there is a faint orange lightup of the traction control sign (button) on the side of the dashboard.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

@Qilun Agree with you and nice review of the Mitsubishi Attrage! Enjoying the ride as much as you do.

I am actually finding it a little hard to carry my baby onto and out from the car seat. Even with the back car door fully wide open. Probably due to the small size of the car interior or just that my car seat occupies too big a space.

Did you buy your car at the lowest COE price point of 23.8k? Attrage Style 1.2A was 58k on the pricelist.

How do you overcome the issue of excessive brake dust especially for the front set of wheels?

And also the squeakinggg~~ eek-eek noise when decelerating the car from higher speeds of say 70km/h?

FC after my 1k servicing seems to be worse off as compared to before the servicing.

Hi @gamester2007, spot on. I got it at last Oct car@expo when the price is 58,500, coe bidded at 23,800 and waited till early Jan for car collection. As for the brake it does have the squeaking sound but it was resolved after my first 1K servicing when I highlighted to them and they replaced my front brake calipers. Since then I've got no more braking issues.

FC did dropped after my first servicing as well but it's much better now. Just don't be too heavy foot. I guess choice of fuel may be affected as well as I was told different fuel gave different results. Fyi I am pumping Caltex 95. But was told by colleague Caltex burns faster... but I've yet to try other fuel cause I got good rebates on Caltex...

By the way the fuel display if you turn the knob will also indicate the average km/ltr of the trip so we can tell the FC. But it only shows the trip. But still a good way to monitor.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

more or less standard, those authorised dealer usually don't keep stock locally, need to wait 3-4mths is normal also.

Thanks dafansu for the information

Yes I suppose it is normal to wait for at least 2 months. I waited for 2.5 months having booked in early Dec and collected mid Feb.

Plus yours got the paint protection works so would be slightly longer. Mine is today LTA registration and then the next day I collected.

Thanks gamester2007 for the information.

Is not special colour, cause SE recommend sport mode different $2k and look better with blue or red

• Praise 1

(edited)

May I check how to know if the carâs traction control is activated? Dashboardâs traction control sign does not light up. But there is a faint orange lightup of the traction control sign (button) on the side of the dashboard.

Traction control is on by default. What you mentioned above is the On status. To off it hold the button for 3 sec and the orange light will goes off. It's stated in the manual. Edited by Qilun

Thanks dafansu for the information

Thanks gamester2007 for the information.

Is not special colour, cause SE recommend sport mode different $2k and look better with blue or red

Oh ok then should be not too long a delay for you since not special/popular colour like titanium grey metallic.

Yes worth the top-up to Style model for 2k. Comes with leather seats, center arm rest and sports kit.

Mine is red metallic :)

• Praise 1

Traction control is on by default. What you mentioned above is the On status. To off it hold the button for 3 sec and the orange light will goes off. It's stated in the manual.

@Qilun I see, thanks for the information. Yes my SE on it for me during collection. I have also read it in the Attrage manual.

Just that I realise the faint orange light goes on and off now and then. It is neither permanently on nor off. Not sure if it is supposed to be this way. Or traction control is only active now and then? Say during wet weather.

• Praise 1

@Qilun I see, thanks for the information. Yes my SE on it for me during collection. I have also read it in the Attrage manual.

Just that I realise the faint orange light goes on and off now and then. It is neither permanently on nor off. Not sure if it is supposed to be this way. Or traction control is only active now and then? Say during wet weather.

Hmm... interesting. I've always thought it is on all the while. But now that you mentioned, I'll look out if mine will goes off. But also stated in the manual if it is off there will be a indication in the dashboard display which I've never it it appeared hence to me it is always on. Does your dashboard display have the indication of the Traction off displayed? If have perhaps you can chk it out with CnC.

Thks for the info bro.

Neutral Newbie

Oh ok then should be not too long a delay for you since not special/popular colour like titanium grey metallic.

Yes worth the top-up to Style model for 2k. Comes with leather seats, center arm rest and sports kit.

Mine is red metallic :)

Same choice was debate with family red or blue but in the end get red, cause majority win
  • Praise 1

Hmm... interesting. I've always thought it is on all the while. But now that you mentioned, I'll look out if mine will goes off. But also stated in the manual if it is off there will be a indication in the dashboard display which I've never it it appeared hence to me it is always on. Does your dashboard display have the indication of the Traction off displayed? If have perhaps you can chk it out with CnC.

Thks for the info bro.

@Qilun My dashboard display for “Traction Control Off” does not light up. So this means that Traction Control is active all the time. That is why I am wondering why the faint orange light indicator is on/off now and then.

For the front brake calipers replacement during servicing that you mentioned earlier, may I know what is the cost?

@Qilun My dashboard display for âTraction Control Offâ does not light up. So this means that Traction Control is active all the time. That is why I am wondering why the faint orange light indicator is on/off now and then.

For the front brake calipers replacement during servicing that you mentioned earlier, may I know what is the cost?

No cost if it's under warranty

@Qilun My dashboard display for âTraction Control Offâ does not light up. So this means that Traction Control is active all the time. That is why I am wondering why the faint orange light indicator is on/off now and then.

No cost if it's under warranty

(edited)

Yup no cost. Under warranty. Just bring it in and let them know.

Yup no cost. Under warranty as Roger mentioned above. Just bring it in and let them know. Edited by Qilun

(edited)

May I know is it normal to wait for almost 2 month to get your car when u purchase with C&C.

Already waited 1 month and contacted SE last Wednesday and he told me vehicle come in on 14 Apr need 3 working to configure what I purchase and spray paint and inhouse testing, then need 1 day to lta registered then early is around 22 week to get vehicle.

Wonder this is normal process or SE too overwhelming with sales and forget ABT me

I waited about 3months for mine. Bought in Mid Dec n got it in late March. Was given MY2018. I noticed that my car was already in PSA warehouse since Oct 2018 and was assigned to my order the day after i first booked it. So u shud be luckier, getting yours from a new shipment.

So far my car is ok. Coming to 1k. But have yet to encounter the squeeky brakes like some of u say. But i do notice that the polishing done by CnC is abit disappointing though. Eg i can see marks on my bonnet when i look at it from a certain angle and its obviously from the polishing, perhaps from the machine they used. Gonna feedback to them but just not sure if they can remedy such things though cos its underneath the wax surface. Cant be wiped off. Doenst help that my color is dark. If i had gotten white or silver, i wudnt have noticed the marks.

And the JVC unit, cant display my android phone on screen rhough it can auto connect to android auto. Whats the point if cant see the screen? I read in the manual that u need to connect some sort of hdmi wire from the back of the unit to the phone in order to mirror the screen, but who can access the back of the unit in the first place?! Quite absurd.

Other than that, ride wise is ok for me. But have to get used to more people zipping past me!!

Edited by Babywhaley

Neutral Newbie

I waited about 3months for mine. Bought in Mid Dec n got it in late March. Was given MY2018. I noticed that my car was already in PSA warehouse since Oct 2018 and was assigned to my order the day after i first booked it. So u shud be luckier, getting yours from a new shipment.

So far my car is ok. Coming to 1k. But have yet to encounter the squeeky brakes like some of u say. But i do notice that the polishing done by CnC is abit disappointing though. Eg i can see marks on my bonnet when i look at it from a certain angle and its obviously from the polishing, perhaps from the machine they used. Gonna feedback to them but just not sure if they can remedy such things though cos its underneath the wax surface. Cant be wiped off. Doenst help that my color is dark. If i had gotten white or silver, i wudnt have noticed the marks.

And the JVC unit, cant display my android phone on screen rhough it can auto connect to android auto. Whats the point if cant see the screen? I read in the manual that u need to connect some sort of hdmi wire from the back of the unit to the phone in order to mirror the screen, but who can access the back of the unit in the first place?! Quite absurd.

Other than that, ride wise is ok for me. But have to get used to more people zipping past me!!ðð¤£

Thanks for sharing, not sure is it new batch or not.

I book mine 1 day of march, last week of Apr then will get else 3rd week depend on SE AMD workshop @ Pandan Garden C&C.

Will looking out for the brake sound which alot PPL mention and see the polish as well

Thanks for sharing, not sure is it new batch or not.

I book mine 1 day of march, last week of Apr then will get else 3rd week depend on SE AMD workshop @ Pandan Garden C&C.

Will looking out for the brake sound which alot PPL mention and see the polish as well

Dun expert the polish job to be top notch . They rush the process due to the high volume of cars per day

I booked in Oct, was told delivery in Dec/Jan 19, but then my SE called me and say will arrive Nov! I was not prepared for it. Was thinking to tell her to delay but then decided not to after some thought as will be troublesome for them. Also, the car will just sit idle somewhere :)

Mine did not have squeaky sound though.

@babywhaley - The current JVC ICE does not support Android Auto, which is why you can't mirror your phone on it. If you want that feature, need to top up to the original Sony model. The SE told me about $300-$400 to upgrade, so not worth it. It can only connect to Spotify on your phone, I think..

(edited)

I booked in Oct, was told delivery in Dec/Jan 19, but then my SE called me and say will arrive Nov! I was not prepared for it. Was thinking to tell her to delay but then decided not to after some thought as will be troublesome for them. Also, the car will just sit idle somewhere :)

Mine did not have squeaky sound though.

@babywhaley - The current JVC ICE does not support Android Auto, which is why you can't mirror your phone on it. If you want that feature, need to top up to the original Sony model. The SE told me about $300-$400 to upgrade, so not worth it. It can only connect to Spotify on your phone, I think..

If you guys are into ICE, just get a Pioneer 8850 or 9150. Supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Way better specs than the crap Sony unit that C&C is supplying. Edited by Wormee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1