Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

(edited)

Still won't be a hot cake seller. Doesn't fit into the either market..the brand conscious conti market..or the "great value Japanese must be reliable" market....

Edited by LoverofCar
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Still won't be a hot cake seller. Doesn't fit into the either market..the brand conscious conti market..or the "great value Japanese must be reliable" market....

Sushi cars nowadays are neither great value nor reliability is their exclusive domain. The kimchi have overtaken them on both fronts.

Btw, this new Malibu does look good n got potential. But it needs a new, sexier name and perhaps a better AD to take the fight to the Camry crowd.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

One of the cars I would have on my list... if it was already here.

The new Cruze also looks great. The former Daewoo team has really come a long way.

• Praise 2

Nice!!

Is this concept or production car?

in between concept and production. design already confirmed on chevy official site. but will only launch in 2016.

• Praise 1

is this gonna come here ?? Picture is LH drive; Engine CC also must see

I guess like everyone is waiting for Fords Mustang to come in too

• Praise 1

is this gonna come here ?? Picture is LH drive; Engine CC also must see

I guess like everyone is waiting for Fords Mustang to come in too

At least the current version Malibu is available in SG, but produced in Korea i remember. So as long as Chevy doesn't pull out Malibu production in Korea, we should be able to see it in SG. Just a matter of time i guess.

Engine wise, they have 1.5L version and Hybrid version in America. Fits well with local policies here (low FC and low CO2).

Now i need to start saving more money... current malibu sells 157K. guess the new version won't be much cheaper

I don't wish to disappoint all of you, but the truth is, this won't come to Singapore!

Why? All Malibus produced in Korea (for the Asian market) are still stopping at the older (2013) version, even though those produced in Mexico for the US market has already gone through 2 later versions of revisions - the 2014 version, then now the 2016 version.

Also, during the post-CNY period this year, after visiting Alpine Motors and having test-driven both the Malibu and the Orlando, the net prices quoted was $136k and $124k respectively.

• Praise 1

(edited)

probably wun sell in volumes ... herd personality , stereotyping and old school thoughts .......ultimately its still the resale values that matters .... assuming its maintenance is competitively priced ..reliability wise ..my friend drove tucson for 10 years ..not much issue apart from wear and tear .

waiting for a revised version of Captiva ( turbo charged engine ) if any

Edited by Lycanthrope
  • Praise 2

fwah.. the 2016 malibu is sleeker than the current one.

price is a big issue though.. they should priced it lower than the usual camry and accord to stand a good chance

oh.. and chevrolet loves to use hokkien sounding term as car names huh ?

Or Lang Toh.. Ma li Bu

Edited by KoreanLover

The Malibu is already priced much lower than the camry and the accord, be it here or in the US. Most people will STILL go for the camry, accord, teanna or mazda6 no matter what, that is, no matter how attractive the Malibu can turn out to be, whether it is its looks, power, safety or fuel efficiency. Just remember, it took 5 millennia before imperialism in China was overthrown by sun yatsen.

Also, Chevrolet is read as Chia Bor Lart (car no power) in hokkien or teochew.

Edited by Acosean
↡ Advertisement