Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

Looks like the Malibu is another victim of the soon-to-be-imposed Euro 6 emissions standards.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11379

What are u talking about. The 2014 Malibu is EOL since late 2016.

Your link refers to the EOL model

The new one as per this thread will arrive after Sept Euro 6 and all

No more old style 2.4L LE9, its 250hp 2L Turbo DI Ecotec and 9 speed AT 

↡ Advertisement

2019 Chevrolet Malibu RS

http://thenewswheel.com/2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-receives-starting-price-of-24995/

ba0f6743-2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-1.jpg

The Chevrolet Malibu’s latest trim level for the 2019 model year, the Malibu RS, supplies a sportier feel to the mid-size sedan. Drivers who desire this aesthetic for their Malibu models fortunately won’t have to break the bank in order to do so.

The 2019 Chevrolet Malibu RS has a reported asking price of $24,995. That price is a mere $1,000 more than the Malibu LS model, which starts at $23,995. It’s also not that much higher than the starting price of the base-level Malibu, which is reportedly somewhere around $22,090.

The 2019 Chevy Malibu RS comes decorated with a black sport grille, a custom black bowtie emblem, a rear spoiler, and 18-inch wheels. Within the Malibu RS, drivers will discover a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.

Surprisingly, the powertrain of the Malibu RS remains unchanged from its Malibu L and Malibu LS counterparts. The standard 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers 163 horsepower.

3e606dda-2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-2.jpg82d3de4c-2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-3.jpg

Still, 2019 marks the first year that the Malibu is paired with a continuously-variable transmission. This drivetrain may very well make the Malibu quite a bit more efficient, although EPA fuel economy figures for the 2019 Malibu have not yet been released.

Many competing OEMs have offered sporty variants of their mid-size models for quite some time now. The 2019 Chevy Malibu RS is less pricey than most of those models, making it an attractive choice for motorists on a budget.

Malibu sales have been on the decline for the past few months. Hopefully, a new RS variant may be just what is needed to revitalize sales for this sedan.

d02fcc2a-2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-5_1.jp

24ed1143-2019-chevrolet-malibu-rs-6.jpg

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a 6 years old Malibu, would appreciate if any ex or present owners to share if the car is reliable?

I am also concern about getting parts for repair since it is discontinued.

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting a 6 years old Malibu, would appreciate if any ex or present owners to share if the car is reliable?

I am also concern about getting parts for repair since it is discontinued.

Thank you.

I'm driving a near 3 yr old model since new. It is the most reliable Chevy model in SG lineup in general. No major issues except the reg wear n tear replacement. At least its alot more reliable than my ex Civic.

6 yr old? Our Malibu reached SG only in early 2014. It should be 5 yrs old max. 

Parts and consumables are actually quite easy to find if you know where to look. The only concern is if the original owner has used correct parts and liquids for the car. This is a real USA Chevy, not rebadged Korean Daewoo. The car does require some GM certified engine oil, ATF (very impt), coolant. Failure to do so, esp the gb will surely kill the equipment in no time. 

These consumables are super common in North America, but they can be a rare find in SG. 

There are only about 30-35 Malibu running ard in sg to the best of my knowledge. As such we tends to know the story of each car somewhat even we do not know the owner by name. 

And servicing and parts need not to be expensive so long you do not return to AD for svcs. In general, Amazon and Taobao will be your best friend for all parts. 

PM me if u want to know more

Edited by Cheefarn

I'm driving a near 3 yr old model since new. It is the most reliable Chevy model in SG lineup in general. No major issues except the reg wear n tear replacement. At least its alot more reliable than my ex Civic.

6 yr old? Our Malibu reached SG only in early 2014. It should be 5 yrs old max.

Parts and consumables are actually quite easy to find if you know where to look. The only concern is if the original owner has used correct parts and liquids for the car. This is a real USA Chevy, not rebadged Korean Daewoo. The car does require some GM certified engine oil, ATF (very impt), coolant. Failure to do so, esp the gb will surely kill the equipment in no time.

These consumables are super common in North America, but they can be a rare find in SG.

There are only about 30-35 Malibu running ard in sg to the best of my knowledge. As such we tends to know the story of each car somewhat even we do not know the owner by name.

And servicing and parts need not to be expensive so long you do not return to AD for svcs. In general, Amazon and Taobao will be your best friend for all parts.

PM me if u want to know more

Oh yes, typo mistake. It's a 4 years old car. Left 6 years.

Thanks for the feedbacks. Very useful.

On 12/14/2015 at 11:56 AM, Cheefarn said:

Hi all

I've taken delivery of my Malibu already.

First day average fuel economy at approx 9.5km/L as normal traffic speed. Approx 50% city and 50% HW.

To anyone who is collecting your Malibu, rem to DEFLATE the tire pressure to 230kpa upon collection. Alpine over inflate to 280!!

Will monitor further... Car parked at home as I went overseas for working trip the next day hahaha

Selling it so soon? Aren’t you gonna drive it till coe expires? What’s next? For sure not a toyota I hope! 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=844448

64B9D2CE-1287-4980-BB50-0CB93467B4AF.png

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

A little bit of sleuthing. 

After examining the ad, I think you are right!

The first line "A Real GM USA Product" is so "him", like as if a GM USA car is automatically superior.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4