Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

I'm going to test drive this car next time I'm at Ubi.

Looks very good package. So glad that it doesn't have that many fancy technology like start stop, turbo etc.

Think at least repair and maintenance will not be that difficult.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This Malibu was already offered a 2L 260hp Turbo engine in the USA. And this engine was the top spec version.

But.... GM refused to install this engine for export markets Malibu ley... :( Not Alpine's fault really. Even Korea doesn't have the 2L Turbo engine option.

http://www.chevrolet.com/malibu-mid-size-sedan.html

Ignore the 2.5L engine mentioned in the URL. That's the latest model with Direct Injection Our 2.4L doesn't have it

There's a 1.6T version in China.

• Praise 1

There's a 1.6T version in China.

That's the Opel 1.6T. Do be advised that these forced inducition tiny engines fuel economy figures tends to fall far short of the advertised figures, regardless of brands...You still need alot of fuel to achieve big power even if your engine is small

FYI, Malibu is riding on GM's Epsilon II chassis platform, its one of the best designed and stiffest chassis from GM in recent history

It is also deployed in Opel Insginia, the now dead Saab 9-5, Buick LaCrosse and even Chevy's bigger Impala

• Praise 1

That's the Opel 1.6T. Do be advised that these forced inducition tiny engines fuel economy figures tends to fall far short of the advertised figures, regardless of brands...You still need alot of fuel to achieve big power even if your engine is small

FYI, Malibu is riding on GM's Epsilon II chassis platform, its one of the best designed and stiffest chassis from GM in recent history

It is also deployed in Opel Insginia, the now dead Saab 9-5, Buick LaCrosse and even Chevy's bigger Impala

Cheefarn, that's correct. That's why the 2.4L version is selling quite alright in China as it is deemed as just right for this car. The Ecotec 1.6T is notorious for its fuel consumption especially in heavy traffic from what I can gather from the forum and feedback from friends and colleagues who drive that.

• Praise 1

Just a question. Is this Malibu new?  I don't see any cars on the road and the reviews seem to be from 2014.. 

You mean the model? It has been ard since 2013. The local spec Malibu was up specced this year to include dual zone climate control and rear a/c vents among a few other trim changes.

Rare only becos Sinkies can't see themselves in an American car. How often to do u see a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Chrysler Grand Voyager in SG anyway?

Rare doesnt mean its no gd...

Seriously I just cant accept that I have to pay the same price for an empty shell Altis Elegance just becos Altis is popular and that everyone is buying one despite being way overpriced for what it is worth.

Being rare also means you will be the center of attraction whenever u go.. which is not a bad thing at all.. Try to gain attention by pulling up in an Altis? LOL

err i thought the front end is supposed to be new?

How come it looks like the epica.

Rear lights look not bad. 

hard to sell 2.4L nowadays i feel in normal executive sedans. Whether jap or korean.

Drive to 9-10 years lor.

Low numbers + korean practically guarantee very low resale value.

the 2016 front end looks good though.

err i thought the front end is supposed to be new?

How come it looks like the epica.

Rear lights look not bad. 

hard to sell 2.4L nowadays i feel in normal executive sedans. Whether jap or korean.

Drive to 9-10 years lor.

Low numbers + korean practically guarantee very low resale value.

the 2016 front end looks good though.

Oh man, you buy a car to please used car dealers? When these dealers hv tons of Altis on hand, they will offer very low resale price for your Altis too. Becos they have all the chance n time to pick n choose the ones they like on the market.

Malibu will be like the Suzuki Kizashi. It's a 2.4L Suzuki and it couldn't sell in SG too. Never mind that it was the best designed and built Suzuki even till this day. The current S Cross simply can't compete with it. Can't sell becos Sinkies cant see themselves in a 2.4L Suzuki... Suzuki supposed to be a cheapo car manufacturer.

Yes I will prob drive it a full 10 yrs if the car has no problem.

Epica is one of the Epic failure models from Daewoo. The Malibu has no Daewoo element inside. GM just order Daewoo to assemble the car from CKD... just like many Japs and Euro cars in Malaysian market... Complete Knock down kits.  

All the parts were shipped in from USA

www.chevrolet.com

• Praise 1

116k seems like a good price.

But it's doomed to be a rarely seen car on the road.

Don't worry. Alpine will lelong lelong to Transcab and we will soon see it by the thousands.  

• Praise 1

I drive a Kizashi (5 yrs left).
If I was in the market for a car now, i would seriously consider this Malibu... lol

But alas...abit premature to change car (the kizashi still problem free) ... :lll._.: 

• Praise 2

I drive a Kizashi (5 yrs left).

If I was in the market for a car now, i would seriously consider this Malibu... lol

But alas...abit premature to change car (the kizashi still problem free) ... :lll._.:

The Kizashi is more than a match against Camry and Accord and Teana right? Esp in terms of power and handling.

Camry really wobbly and cant do any sporty driving

Too bad most sinkies cant see the good of it. They just think its a Suzuki... and Suzuki is not supposed to build such premium cars.

The Malibu is the 1st REAL Chevy to be sold in SG after GM pulled out of local market in early 60s. Well... unless you can somehow buy a Camaro or Corvette in SG...

Don't worry. Alpine will lelong lelong to Transcab and we will soon see it by the thousands.  

Then parts will be plentiful... I do look forward to that...

Yeap .. Kizashi is more than a match.

The only downside is the road tax (2.4L is rather ex) and the sli smaller back space compared to the big 3 (camry, teana and accord)

Oh man, you buy a car to please used car dealers? When these dealers hv tons of Altis on hand, they will offer very low resale price for your Altis too. Becos they have all the chance n time to pick n choose the ones they like on the market.

Malibu will be like the Suzuki Kizashi. It's a 2.4L Suzuki and it couldn't sell in SG too. Never mind that it was the best designed and built Suzuki even till this day. The current S Cross simply can't compete with it. Can't sell becos Sinkies cant see themselves in a 2.4L Suzuki... Suzuki supposed to be a cheapo car manufacturer.

Yes I will prob drive it a full 10 yrs if the car has no problem.

Epica is one of the Epic failure models from Daewoo. The Malibu has no Daewoo element inside. GM just order Daewoo to assemble the car from CKD... just like many Japs and Euro cars in Malaysian market... Complete Knock down kits.  

All the parts were shipped in from USA

www.chevrolet.com

I'm saying the upfront depreciation is partly factored by this. On a suay note, if u get a car with a lemon engine (which can happen to any manufacturer), good luck trying to palm it off to a 2nd hand dealer at anywhere close to a reasonable loss.

On the converse hand, picking it up as a 2nd hand ride would be more worth it.

Well in singapore, chevrolet is daewoo. To me, it's just daewoo. And from the sales volume, everyone knows that too.

For the discerning consumer like yourself, then it will be more worthwhile.

Yeap .. Kizashi is more than a match.

The only downside is the road tax (2.4L is rather ex) and the sli smaller back space compared to the big 3 (camry, teana and accord)

kizashi rear space is similar to the more spacious Cat A sedans now.

I'm saying the upfront depreciation is partly factored by this. On a suay note, if u get a car with a lemon engine (which can happen to any manufacturer), good luck trying to palm it off to a 2nd hand dealer at anywhere close to a reasonable loss.

On the converse hand, picking it up as a 2nd hand ride would be more worth it.

Well in singapore, chevrolet is daewoo. To me, it's just daewoo. And from the sales volume, everyone knows that too.

For the discerning consumer like yourself, then it will be more worthwhile.

kizashi rear space is similar to the more spacious Cat A sedans now.

In SG to own the Malibu, the internet, youtube and amazon will be your friend and help... which is plentiful...You really don't and wont need Alpine help LOL

OEM and original parts are so easy to get via Amazon. Aftermarket parts too... And dont forget Malibu is sold in China too.. There's plenty of aftermarket parts in taobao and Aliexpress.

I have already downloaded the service manual for the 2.4L LE9 engine from GM USA. Still looking for the gearbox service manual.

↡ Advertisement