Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

If I were in that group, I would be feeling awfully vindicated right now. Look at what the elitist people are saying even after they lost.

Kusje I got a question for you in response to this post.

The Singapore median wage as of 2015 was S$3.9k, an amount which I felt was merely adequate for day-to-day expense but not really enough for retirement. Based on the last GE, 70% of people voted this govt. This meant at least 20% of people earning below S$3.9k voted for this govt.

Why do you think this is the case here in Singapore, where the not-so-well-to-do were still supportive of the elites creaming them off?   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sort of scapegoat as whoever wins the economic meltdown will still happen anyway..

But with Clinton win, people less likely to blame on her that cause the economic meltdown.. That is totally opposite with trump win that everyone will blame him.

Why I say Clinton will get less blame as because of the perception people have between Clinton and trump.

The perception of Trump is, if he is voted to become president, it would be an economic disaster. Then when the economic meltdown happened, they will say, hey look, this crash really happened and blame on trump.

The perception on Clinton is different. Many would expect Clinton to continue on the story Obama set, so when economic meltdown happened, many would give excuse that it's unavoidable, it's totally beyond her control etc.

So that sums up..

That's likely what the voter who vote trump for. To meltdown the whole economic.

The Singapore median wage as of 2015 was S$3.9k, an amount which I felt was merely adequate for day-to-day expense but not really enough for retirement. Based on the last GE, 70% of people voted this govt. This meant at least 20% of people earning below S$3.9k voted for this govt.

Why do you think this is the case here in Singapore, where the not-so-well-to-do were still supportive of the elites creaming them off?

I will tell you right now based on observations. Lky factor aside,there is the perception that all alternative parties cannot make it so by default the ruling party gets the vote.

So sometimes it's not that they want the ruling party but there is the fear of any change.

Next thing is that a lot of people know that singapore is a good place to make money but not to retire. So they make plans to migrate. So why vote an alternative party that might ruin relations with other countries and ruin their migration plans when the current one is good enough?

The very poor rarely appear on the media spotlight. So no one bothers much. In my profession I have encountered people whose address is an overhead bridge. Meaning homeless.

How many of us know there are homeless people in singapore? Not know as in walk past them and see someone sleeping there and know he is homeless but actually interact with them, strike a conversation and just chit chat with them?

Some vote out of gratitude. The previous pap was good.

Lastly. Is it really that bad in singapore? We say the elite is creaming us off. Yes their salaries are amazing but other than car and housing is the cost of living in singapore really that bad if you live within your means? We have flaws but touch your heart. Is it that bad?

The social media amplifies the bad and minimise the good just like this us president elections. Not saying singapore is perfect. I may migrate eventually and I am the 30% but I also try to look from the 70% point of view.

• Praise 3

Trump didn't look triumphed with his success. The impression is that he went in for the fun of running the erection, didn't expect to win or didn't want to win, but won. So, his facial expression is now like full time erection without ability to deflate. What do you think?

:XD:

I ever tell a lazy man, his character he better big china emperor or something.

His reply is, huh emperor? I rather be a useless prince(Brother of king type). Emperor need to wake up early for morning court daily.

That's because our government are not like usa, they still try to help them abit. They can for last election because the GAP is still not that hugh. But 10 years down the road. The support will drop. Why? They are slowly eroding the middle income support by increasing expense from them in order to help the poor and effectively push these group into the lower income group. Edited by Joseph22
  • Praise 2

Which is the majority.

Like what I mentioned earlier, it is these less to do folks that are poorly represented in politics. They got fed up with how successive administrations failed to see the ground and lost touch with the people (them in particular). Economic growth wasn't even reaching them but yet figures show an uptrend. In other words, the minority effluent class are getting it, not them. 

I was up really early yesterday monitoring the election and the initial data didn't make sense to me. It didn't until it starts to show a divide among the rural and urban counties.

This tells us a great deal about how people feel. At least we now know majority of the people out there don't like wealth accumulation among a minority. Donald was just there at the right time because Hillary represents the current administration and people wanted a change. No need for second guess; Donald Trump.

i agree with your view.

I'm started to realise Trump is like Yingluck and her bro.  They appeal to the lower income, uneducated and rural people.  

We must always rem. the greater proportion of any country's population is always the lower income, uneducated rural people.  The elite and effluent class is always the minority.  Its almost the Pareto's Principle. 80-20 ratio

In any election voting, its the numbers game.  every one has one vote, no matter rich or poor. Its not as if the rich man has 2 votes, and the poor man only has 1 vote. 

if masses of poor and uneducated people likes a candidate, he/she will sure to win.  

Generally speaking, the poor don't trust the rich and elite establishment, if their lives don't improve over time.  They get sick of those leaders standing up there making some speech, without improving the lives of the masses.  

Trump is v smart.  In his election speeches, he talks alot about jobs, taxes, illegal immigrants, companies that close down US factories and moving to overseas.  These are the bread and butter issues that a poor and rural man can relate to.  And this will get the support from the masses.

• Praise 4

his thank you speech machiam Academy award winner liddat thank all from the spider to the seat he poop/.///knn

you dont make him angry later 

post-131345-0-48753600-1478741973.gif

• Praise 6

I will tell you right now based on observations. Lky factor aside,there is the perception that all alternative parties cannot make it so by default the ruling party gets the vote.

So sometimes it's not that they want the ruling party but there is the fear of any change.

Next thing is that a lot of people know that singapore is a good place to make money but not to retire. So they make plans to migrate. So why vote an alternative party that might ruin relations with other countries and ruin their migration plans when the current one is good enough?

The very poor rarely appear on the media spotlight. So no one bothers much. In my profession I have encountered people whose address is an overhead bridge. Meaning homeless.

How many of us know there are homeless people in singapore? Not know as in walk past them and see someone sleeping there and know he is homeless but actually interact with them, strike a conversation and just chit chat with them?

Some vote out of gratitude. The previous pap was good.

Lastly. Is it really that bad in singapore? We say the elite is creaming us off. Yes their salaries are amazing but other than car and housing is the cost of living in singapore really that bad if you live within your means? We have flaws but touch your heart. Is it that bad?

The social media amplifies the bad and minimise the good just like this us president elections. Not saying singapore is perfect. I may migrate eventually and I am the 30% but I also try to look from the 70% point of view.

Actually the last election is part of the reason was because social media of alternate site post too much false extreme information about the ruling party since 2010(statestime review for example.) this piss off the neutral enough to divert vote to pap.

At least that is what I gather amount my fence sitting groups of Friend.

As I see it, Trump wins bcuz he's anti-establishment, dare to speak the truth and not be hindered by being politically correct.

Enough voters had enough with career politicians which he is not, and willing to take a chance on a businessman running the country.

He's probably their one and last chance to vote for a change.

Although not many know of what is to come, they feel it's better to take that chance than to have the same old grind, the same old elite politicians running the country.

And they were really voting for Obama's slogan "Vote for change" [laugh]

• Praise 3

Vince will be thinking..."If Donald can be president, so can I!"

he will tell vince....................................

post-131345-0-88185700-1478742592_thumb.gif :XD:

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2

the positive of his win 

IvankaTrump.jpg

2015.10.08-mrconservative-5616cebdab753-

:XD::yuush:  :inlove:

There's a name for her kind....call what GCP or golden cheese pie. Now that her father is president she has promoted to DCP, diamond cheese pie. [laugh]

• Praise 1

the positive of his win 

IvankaTrump.jpg

2015.10.08-mrconservative-5616cebdab753-

:XD::yuush:  :inlove:

The SS guards will be looking forward to be scheduled to look after her... In fact, i think many will raise hand to volunteer!  

"I wan I wan!!  I can do 24 hours shift everyday. I no need to take off"

• Praise 2

Mr Trump woke up this morning suddenly realise he is the next president, he probably goes "shit! what am i going to do now?? i ain't no president "   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 5

My take away from this election... THIS IS TRUE DEMOCRACY... regardless of what he may or may not have / does or will not do, the people of America had voiced out their unhappiness with the current administrations... but the ugly side is that Donald Trump and team had proven once again that populist policies WILL WIN the day, people don't care about the greater good, everyone for themselves. Anyone who can protect their interest WILL GET their votes.

Whether Trump will execute and implement his pre-elections "promise" is yet to be seen as he will only takes office on 20 Jan 2017. Similar a lot of "promises" were made and any of them had came through for us?  :ph34r:  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 2

My take away from this election... THIS IS TRUE DEMOCRACY... regardless of what he may or may not have / does or will not do, the people of America had voiced out their unhappiness with the current administrations... but the ugly side is that Donald Trump and team had proven once again that populist policies WILL WIN the day, people don't care about the greater good, everyone for themselves. Anyone who can protect their interest WILL GET their votes.

Whether Trump will execute and implement his pre-elections "promise" is yet to be seen as he will only takes office on 20 Jan 2017. Similar a lot of "promises" were made and any of them had came through for us?  :ph34r:  [lipsrsealed]

DEMOCRACY without much choices, the people LLST have to choose one.

Expecting the worse and hope for the best   [laugh]

↡ Advertisement