Donald Trump US President: The next 4 years

Jman888

oops!  [sweatdrop]

Indonesia seeks answers from US as top general denied entry
PUBLISHED: 9:05 PM, OCTOBER 22, 2017

file6x84auxyxzt103vjp37h.jpg?itok=dQUErg
Indonesian military chief Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo and his wife had planned to leave Indonesia on Saturday evening but were told by their airline shortly before departure that US Customs would deny their entry. Photo: Reuters

JAKARTA — Indonesia's government is seeking clarification from the United States after the Indonesian military chief was denied entry to the country, an official said Sunday (Oct 22).

Foreign Ministry spokesman Arrmanatha Nasir said the Indonesian Embassy in Washington had sent a diplomatic note to the State Department.

Nasir said the US ambassador to Indonesia was not in the country and his deputy has been summoned to provide more information on Monday.

Military chief Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo and his wife had planned to leave Indonesia on Saturday evening but were told by their airline shortly before departure that US Customs would deny their entry, said military spokesman Wuryanto, who goes by one name.

Nurmantyo had been invited by Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, to attend a conference in Washington on extremist organisations.

Wuryanto said that Nurmantyo, his wife and an entourage of four officials had US visas and that Nurmantyo last visited the US in February 2016.

The US Embassy in Jakarta said in a statement Sunday that Ambassador Joseph Donovan had apologised to Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi for any inconvenience to Nurmantyo.

It said the embassy was in touch with Nurmantyo's staff about the matter, working to facilitate his travel.

"We remain committed to our Strategic Partnership with Indonesia as a way to deliver security and prosperity to both our nations and peoples,'' the embassy's statement said.

Relations between the US and Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, are generally friendly.

Indonesia's military has a checkered human rights record, but Nurmantyo himself has not been accused of rights abuses.

Nasir said any possible Indonesian response would depend on the US explanation. AP

↡ Advertisement

oops!  [sweatdrop]

lol u invite people go, then later say cannot go. I thought he was going on a holiday or what, then kana rejected

Could well be someone else with the same name kenna blacklisted. Like after 9/11, all the flights going to the US must go through additional check, all names with "bin" kenna extra questioning which means all Malay bros kenna. [laugh]

I think it is just an internal dispute in USA. Somebody invite but another department wants to stop him. There is no supremacy over there. They are all bosses on their own. Something over here we will never understand because only 1 answer and you need not check further. :D

so much for freedom of speech  [laugh]

Cyclist who gave Donald Trump the finger loses her job: Report
AFP PUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO

btjuli0611_censored.jpg?itok=3RyrnRJw
The obscene gesture, captured on October 28 by AFP White House photographer Brendan Smialowski, cost Juli Briskman her job.PHOTO: 

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Juli Briskman didn't think twice when she gave President Donald Trump the finger as his motorcade passed her while she was cycling on a road near his golf club.

"He was passing by and my blood just started to boil," the Democrat mother of two, 50, told HuffPost.

"I'm thinking, he's at the damn golf course again." But the obscene gesture, captured on Oct 28 by AFP White House photographer Brendan Smialowski, who was riding in Trump's convoy, quickly went viral. And it has now cost the single mom her job.

The president had gone to his Trump National Golf Club on the banks of the Potomac River, about 25 miles (40 kilometers) northwest of the White House.

Briskman lives nearby and was out for a Saturday bike ride when the convoy of black SUVs drove past.

Smialowski, a veteran of White House motorcades, said he always keeps his camera ready to shoot.

"You never know what you might see. You never know what might happen," he said. Gestures from bystanders, thumbs up or middle fingers, are common.

In this case, he said, Briskman "seemed to know exactly who was inside those vehicles." After the first time the convoy passed her, she caught up again when it stopped at a red light.

"What made this particular cyclist unique was her tenacity - once the motorcade passed her, she managed to catch back up and share her feelings again," he said.

The photo only showed Briskman from the back, unidentifiable, her left arm out and middle finger up.

It didn't take her long to realize that she was the person in the photo soon all over the internet and television. She proudly posted it as her profile picture on her Facebook and Twitter pages.

It isn't known whether Trump saw the gesture. But it didn't please Briskman's bosses at Akima LLC, a builder that does work for the US government and military.

Three days later they told Briskman, a marketing officer, she had to go.

"They said, 'We're separating from you,'" Briskman told HuffPost.

"Basically, you cannot have 'lewd' or 'obscene' things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off 'obscene.'" Briskman and Akima could not be contacted early Monday for comment.

But the photograph remained at the top of her social media pages.

i'm your president, i'm his president, i'm her president

i'm everyone president whether you support me or not

REALLY?

but if the company is a govt contractor ... that's a different story la

cannot bite the hand that feeds you right?

Edited by Wt_know

Everyday I've seen the news anchors, the late show hosts, the liberals, the foreign media, people in his own party pillory Trump.

Yes, the Dems have won big in recent elections in NY, NJ, Maine and Virginia. Yes, that big buffoon's popularity score is falling faster than Kim Kardashians clothes. But... the people who voted for him... the mining counties, the people who engorge on Fox News... they don't seem to care... and will forgive him for anything.

Now that is scary for the next election in 2020. I seriously doubt the world can handle this phoneys 2nd  term

Everyday I've seen the news anchors, the late show hosts, the liberals, the foreign media, people in his own party pillory Trump.

Yes, the Dems have won big in recent elections in NY, NJ, Maine and Virginia. Yes, that big buffoon's popularity score is falling faster than Kim Kardashians clothes. But... the people who voted for him... the mining counties, the people who engorge on Fox News... they don't seem to care... and will forgive him for anything.

Now that is scary for the next election in 2020. I seriously doubt the world can handle this phoneys 2nd term ð

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/08/donald-trump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

excerpts below ðð¼ from the above ðð¼ link

the excerpts are worrying... social media is full of protests against DT but when the next election comes, thats when the "silent majority" will speak with their votes...

the excerpts are worrying... social media is full of protests against DT but when the next election comes, thats when the "silent majority" will speak with their votes...

I think he is too old to qualify for 2nd term.

His hands probably shakes faster than he talks by then...  [sweatdrop]

I think he is too old to qualify for 2nd term.

His hands probably shakes faster than he talks by then... [sweatdrop]

Thought his docs said he was healthy?

Super duper healthy

If I was Putin I would try to put a rogue president in the US who is actually a puppet of

mother Russia. I will then get the president to fight a nuclear war with China and North Korea

and in this way wipe out China and USA

leaving the USSR as the only super power in the world.

:D

The problem is Rex Tillerson wants diplomatic negotiations

we need to replace him with a man that will start a war.  [thumbsup]

Mother Russia is the best.