Permanent balloting ban if you sell your NDP tickets

Nutty

Finally! I have ballot with no success for 10 years. :pissed-off:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/permanent-balloting-ban-if-you-sell-your-ndp-tickets#xtor=CS1-10

The price for getting caught selling National Day Parade (NDP) tickets is now a permanent ban from being able to ballot again. Previously, the penalty was a ban of three years.

Brigadier-General Melvyn Ong, chairman of the NDP executive committee, said in a statement on Tuesday: "Monetising the privilege to be part of the nation's birthday goes against (its) celebratory spirit... Those found to be involved in such activities will be barred from balloting for future NDPs."

He added that the committee is working with online sale sites, including Carousell and eBay.

There are still cock-sters selling tickets at this time.

Screenshot_from_2015_07_02_23_01_42.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Sell ticket: monetizing, Greedy, go against celebratory spirit, opportunistic

Erp, coe, gst: what's wrong with collecting more money

• Praise 12

Turbocharged

ai yo......101 excuses when caught.

I gave it to someone else.

someone sell it online

my problem meh?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

This monetizing exercise got any money go into ah gong's coffers?

• Praise 5

You think these sellers care meh. I doubt they even intended to watch the parade in the first place.

Ban then they just go and sell other things lor.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Time to release the names of these ppl who sell the ndp tickets...

And also have a database to screen off ppl who have balloted successfully for say, 2 times at least, so that every Singaporeans can have chance to view ndp live on site.

I will only know whether the balloting system is fair is when I have got the tickets.... after trying for the past 10years

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

4. Each applicant must opt for either tickets for the Actual NDP, or tickets for the NDP Preview. (Actual NDP is on 9th August 2015, while the NDP Preview is on 1st August 2015)

5. Each applicant must opt for 2, 4 or 6 tickets. The chances of winning 2 tickets would be higher than that of winning 4 or 6 tickets. Similarly, the chances of winning 4 tickets will be higher than that of winning 6 tickets.

6. Every NRIC holder is limited to ONE application per mode ('mode' being NDP website, AXS/SAM machines, and SMS), but only the latest application made will be eligible for e-balloting.

7. Singaporean Citizens will have double chances in winning the tickets as compared to the Singapore Permanent Residents. Singapore Permanent Residents will have double chances in winning the tickets as compared to the previous NDP ticket winners.

12. All tickets for the Actual NDP and the NDP Preview are not to be sold for any gain, monetary or otherwise.

---- above is from the balloting rules. Why the chances of getting is so low?

Is it known how many tickets were balloted out vs how many applicants submitted. Could they release info on who have got it twice, thrice, four times .....

Edited by Camrysfa
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

When you see those interview with someone sing praise and able to go nearly yearly , you know there are kelong ticket around.. maybe like concert where some portion are for 'internal' circle staff to circulate around.

• Praise 7

They can make money from us but we can not make money from other people.

The tickets were given on a balloting basis so no preferential treatment

if lucky enough why cant I sell it

a willing buyer n a willing seller

no crime committed

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

When you see those interview with someone sing praise and able to go nearly yearly , you know there are kelong ticket around.. maybe like concert where some portion are for 'internal' circle staff to circulate around.

Some people are entitled to the tickets without the need to go balloting. For example, those holding high position in the Public service sectors, maybe some RC members, some key people in the organising committee (so if you're in the organising committee every year, of course every year can go). The top people will say this is in appreciation for their contribution to the country or to the event.

This type of thing happens everywhere.

• Praise 1

I admire you all the patriotism...but give me I also dun want. LoL...

Somemore TS can ballot for 10years...salute.

Some people are entitled to the tickets without the need to go balloting. For example, those holding high position in the Public service sectors, maybe some RC members, some key people in the organising committee (so if you're in the organising committee every year, of course every year can go). The top people will say this is in appreciation for their contribution to the country or to the event.

This type of thing happens everywhere.

I believe it's called nepotism.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

no biggie, i never even been there as a spectator, except for the many times, i was there on forced march.

I will only know whether the balloting system is fair is when I have got the tickets.... after trying for the past 10years

I also never get since the balloting started. Luckily, I went to Q once before the balloting thing started and got a chance to go on actual day.

I wouldn't say that balloting isn't fair lah, but all the same, I do wish to know how many % of the tickets are "reserved" tickets. Then we'll know where the fairness % is liao..

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

This admonishment coming from the govt, is like "a crab trying to teach its kids to walk straight", as the saying goes [laugh]

• Praise 3

Apparently I read, they are clamping down on this because someone from inside got free ticket and went carousell and sell it. I read it in Straits Times I think. Either that or someone actually say "I got it... not going... so I put up for sale."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1