Global financial situation

I am not financially trained.

With the situation with Greece and today's falling market, is there anything to be worried about?

or is this just another day in the market?

Or is this leading to something like the Asian financial crisis?

↡ Advertisement

Not much effect on STI so far but there seems to be accumulated stress in the market that is about to be released. HSI has dropped more than 5% as we are discussing.

post-29998-0-25967700-1436337188_thumb.png

Seems like China dua taiji liao

All the state-engineered growth is becoming unsustainable. Then again, they have accumulated huge reserves.

With the situation with Greece and today's falling market, is there anything to be worried about?

think we are doing very well. Coe still very high. UNless COE crashed, then we need to worry.

Hypersonic

the question to ask is

what (other than cash) is safe to move into if the situation worsens?

:D

Turbocharged
(edited)

the question to ask is

what (other than cash) is safe to move into if the situation worsens?

:D

specifically u want to be in Yen or US$ hence my previous short USDJPY trade idea

Edited by Duckduck

Hypersonic

i think now all the MCF bankers very stressed

probably awol from MCF for the time being

[sweatdrop]

Hypersonic

specifically u want to be in Yen or US$ hence my previous short USDJPY trade idea

yen or US$ is still considered cash right?

[grin]

think we are doing very well. Coe still very high. UNless COE crashed, then we need to worry.

I think you got it reversed...its when market crashed, then COE will follow....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think you got it reversed...its when market crashed, then COE will follow....

if everyone knew wat they were doing, there wldnt be millionaires or paupers...

Twincharged

an old problem, the markets are already used to all these

so i don't see any problem with greece unless a few of the bigger boys get kick out of EU

Turbocharged

There won't be anything like the AFC again. Not saying there won't be another crisis. Just not in the same shape or form.

The Greek crisis isn't likely gonna lead to anything serious. The amount spent on rescuing the western banks dwarfs whatever the Greeks owe (plus what they are asking more).

By right, the Greeks should not be in the Euro (that's hindsight though) and the correct thing to do now is for the Greeks to exit the Euro or accept the austerity measures with some sort of concession without it looking like Greece got a free pass, otherwise, no one will take bailout conditions seriously and you'll also incur the wrath of Portugal, Ireland, Italy and Spain which accepted the measures.

There won't be anything like the AFC again. Not saying there won't be another crisis. Just not in the same shape or form.

The Greek crisis isn't likely gonna lead to anything serious. The amount spent on rescuing the western banks dwarfs whatever the Greeks owe (plus what they are asking more).

By right, the Greeks should not be in the Euro (that's hindsight though) and the correct thing to do now is for the Greeks to exit the Euro or accept the austerity measures with some sort of concession without it looking like Greece got a free pass, otherwise, no one will take bailout conditions seriously and you'll also incur the wrath of Portugal, Ireland, Italy and Spain which accepted the measures.

agree....but today's story is about china.

seems no bright news for a while already

Actually in economic point of view, current Greek problem is nothing... it is their selfishness to vote no... of course, who wants their country to be default... Greek needs to reflect themselves... their country is long considered bankrupt.

This is why Margaret Thatcher mentioned that single currency don't works... same reason as The Battle of Red Cliff, how Lui Bei won against Cao Cao (chaining all their ship together)

Even Greek is down, the ripple they send is not strong enough form a financial crisis... I pity those other countries in EU, where it is not their problem become theirs...

The actual brewing one is China... it is so silent...and yet the most danger one... if the stock market crashed, the bubble burst... the effect is world wide... China is world creditor of many countries, with US as no. 1.... and everything link up, chain effect...

Of course, above is my 2 cents worth only...

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Isnt' there always some "crisis" or stock bubble about in the world?

It's always the new one that u don't see it coming. Like AFC or GFC.

Turbocharged

Isnt' there always some "crisis" or stock bubble about in the world?

It's always the new one that u don't see it coming. Like AFC or GFC.

Yup. That's what you need to catch the market off guard with its pants down.

Hypersonic

The sky havne't fallen down yet ... so, still can sleep :D

We can't control the external financial conditions, what we can do, is to remain calm... and continue to work :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4