Sunny

2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sedan
http://youtu.be/8TlAAOEX9EY

Avant
http://youtu.be/A9156R-F9ik

Body shape looks pretty much indifferent
But some cool tech inside

The new complete LED instrumental cluster is cool for its class.

I am thinking this or the older 3 series, or current gen A3, or GLA. I like compact cars. 

My curent A3 is due for change. For first 2.5 years, its fine with simple servicing, but as the car is getting on age (7 years old now), I have to replace a lot of parts (expensive, cost $$$), & probably more as tell does by, so a new (used) car seem a logical time.

I like the compact size of A3, but the A4 seems to have more bells & whistles, GLA I wonder is a bit big, and new A3 looks like my current one...

I probably get a 4WD variant though with a decent engine (150+hp).

Edited by Kiadaw

Sedan

Avant

Avant, big boot space, flexible foldable seat back,
Able to carry Bike cycle in case

Sedan
http://youtu.be/8TlAAOEX9EY

Avant
http://youtu.be/A9156R-F9ik

in MCF can only talk BMW and Merc

Audi is the unwanted step child here

:D

still feels too "3-box"-y to me... would like to see A5 Sportback updated...

or A3-sized fastback liftback! ... Can hope.

Edited by 7hm

Used to be Skoda as the bottom of the lot in terms of look.

Now looks like skoda better looking then Audi especially the superb.

the exterior designers  [shakehead]  [thumbsdown]

Lazy designers. lol

Edited by L_club23

Lazy desginers. lol

For the 3 german luxury, there won't be radical exterior design changes like the Jap/Kor for new model generation.  I think maintaining the design identity is more important for them.

I think the there is enough changes to easily differentiate it from the old A4 model and yet maintain the same identity.  I think it is not easy to do from the design point of view.

Edited by zerobim08

Easily selling $200k for full spec of feature

hearsay got 1.4t so mayb 160k????? frankly I hate the way they confuse the original class level of the cars.  

hearsay got 1.4t so mayb 160k????? frankly I hate the way they confuse the original class level of the cars.  

1.4t maybe not have full spec and doesnt fit to general expectation (current A4 with 170hp)

I guess since Peter Schreyer went to KIA their current guy Walter DeSilva prefers to reiterate than recreate

But still, despite having the same genes, the SEAT & Skodas look so much nicer... agree.

Anybody here got experience with the 2009 A4 Avant?

1.4t maybe not have full spec and doesnt fit to general expectation (current A4 with 170hp)

haha in sg, general expectation is jus how cheap it can be. specs is secondary, jus see the current "limited ed" a4, c class coming up with a 122bhp variant and even the entry 520i. 

I thk with FL A6 now sporting the 1.8 engine, very high probability the new a4 wil have the 1.4 option.

somehow this design don't feel refreshing to me at all.

The B7 and B8 A4 has that classy and sporty looks. This one looks like another volkswagen to me.

For the 3 german luxury, there won't be radical exterior design changes like the Jap/Kor for new model generation.  I think maintaining the design identity is more important for them.

I think the there is enough changes to easily differentiate it from the old A4 model and yet maintain the same identity.  I think it is not easy to do from the design point of view.

There isn't, it looks practically the same...Like I said... Lazy...

Edited by L_club23

haha in sg, general expectation is jus how cheap it can be. specs is secondary, jus see the current "limited ed" a4, c class coming up with a 122bhp variant and even the entry 520i. 

I thk with FL A6 now sporting the 1.8 engine, very high probability the new a4 wil have the 1.4 option.

SGP are such that they will rather spend on the barest barebones cars of the Big 3 German marques just to flaunt the badge...

what? are you serious? like a C160 or sth?