2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

hearsay got 1.4t so mayb 160k????? frankly I hate the way they confuse the original class level of the cars.

1.4t maybe not have full spec and doesnt fit to general expectation (current A4 with 170hp)

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I guess since Peter Schreyer went to KIA their current guy Walter DeSilva prefers to reiterate than recreate

But still, despite having the same genes, the SEAT & Skodas look so much nicer... agree.

Anybody here got experience with the 2009 A4 Avant?

1.4t maybe not have full spec and doesnt fit to general expectation (current A4 with 170hp)

haha in sg, general expectation is jus how cheap it can be. specs is secondary, jus see the current "limited ed" a4, c class coming up with a 122bhp variant and even the entry 520i.

I thk with FL A6 now sporting the 1.8 engine, very high probability the new a4 wil have the 1.4 option.

somehow this design don't feel refreshing to me at all.

The B7 and B8 A4 has that classy and sporty looks. This one looks like another volkswagen to me.

• Praise 2

(edited)

For the 3 german luxury, there won't be radical exterior design changes like the Jap/Kor for new model generation. I think maintaining the design identity is more important for them.

I think the there is enough changes to easily differentiate it from the old A4 model and yet maintain the same identity. I think it is not easy to do from the design point of view.

There isn't, it looks practically the same...Like I said... Lazy...

Edited by L_club23

Turbocharged

haha in sg, general expectation is jus how cheap it can be. specs is secondary, jus see the current "limited ed" a4, c class coming up with a 122bhp variant and even the entry 520i.

I thk with FL A6 now sporting the 1.8 engine, very high probability the new a4 wil have the 1.4 option.

SGP are such that they will rather spend on the barest barebones cars of the Big 3 German marques just to flaunt the badge...

• Praise 1

what? are you serious? like a C160 or sth?

• Praise 1

SGP are such that they will rather spend on the barest barebones cars of the Big 3 German marques just to flaunt the badge...

I have a different perspective on this. You may pay thousands more to get choke of of specs but do you really need all those things? Of course if you have too much cash then that's another story.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have a different perspective on this. You may pay thousands more to get choke of of specs but do you really need all those things? Of course if you have too much cash then that's another story.

I rather take a car that costs the same but is fully loaded rather than pay for a "premium marque" car of same price but bare bones.

We are paying so much for a car in this country, that we are rarely able to change them easily, for most people. I rather have a car that is specified well enough that I don't feel the desire to upgrade so easily.

And maybe most people think "don't need this", but if have, can use, don't want, can don't use, but if there at least it's there when you want it?

Edited by 7hm

I rather take a car that costs the same but is fully loaded rather than pay for a "premium marque" car of same price but bare bones.

We are paying so much for a car in this country, that we are rarely able to change them easily, for most people. I rather have a car that is specified well enough that I don't feel the desire to upgrade so easily.

And maybe most people think "don't need this", but if have, can use, don't want, can don't use, but if there at least it's there when you want it?

Just think of it this way then. In other countries a entry premium marque cost a minimum of 50% more than a bb car. Here the difference maybe 30%.

Some people dig the luxury badge over things like sunroof or GPS or a HUD. Anyway you can retrofit all those gadgetry options but you cannot retrofit a premium badge.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Just think of it this way then. In other countries a entry premium marque cost a minimum of 50% more than a bb car. Here the difference maybe 30%.

Some people dig the luxury badge over things like sunroof or GPS or a HUD. Anyway you can retrofit all those gadgetry options but you cannot retrofit a premium badge.

as i mention, SGP in particular will go for the luxury badge even if it means an extra cost and bare bones

as i mention, SGP in particular will go for the luxury badge even if it means an extra cost and bare bones

Not sure what you are getting at when you say "bare bones". Maybe you are talking about the previous eol A4/316 which were stripped down to reduce cost so that they can clear old stock.

Other than that none of the current selling luxury models are really bare bones.

With the high COE, the "luxury badge" is now 10-20% more. E.g. from your M-I-T altis or the fugly Civics compared to Audi A4/BMW 316. With the OMV of these luxury brands almost double the japanese counterparts, you are getting "more car per dollar".

From the "bare-bones" entry level models to the loaded models with bigger engines, you pay another 20-50% more for essentially the same car with about 5-15k more of actual equipment (OMV). Most ppl would rather save 30-100k on a car that looks and feels 90% of the "full package".

Hence we see entry level luxury models flooding the markets currently.

• Praise 1

somehow this design don't feel refreshing to me at all.

The B7 and B8 A4 has that classy and sporty looks. This one looks like another volkswagen to me.

Yup, picture looks too VW-ish. Mqybe the real thing will look better.
  • Praise 1

what? are you serious? like a C160 or sth?

they alr got a template to follow in the cla180. it def wont surprise anybody if u see how they tweaked the w204 engines and the trend in Europe to keep downsizing engines.

lets see....the fl a6c7 entry level is the ultra edition with all the bells and whistles. we see if half yr later they wil bring in the normal edition.

but honestly I think sg consumers are never into the specs. its could b price considerations. or simple cos they were brought up this way driving jap cars w no specs and minimum airbags. they may now have moved up to the conti level but the barebone e90 with manual ac knobs, the limited ed A4 and the base c180 with no electric seats is ok enough.

• Praise 1

lets see....the fl a6c7 entry level is the ultra edition with all the bells and whistles. we see if half yr later they wil bring in the normal edition.

but honestly I think sg consumers are never into the specs. its could b price considerations. or simple cos they were brought up this way driving jap cars w no specs and minimum airbags. they may now have moved up to the conti level but the barebone e90 with manual ac knobs, the limited ed A4 and the base c180 with no electric seats is ok enough.

Totally right on this bro. when i switched from japanese to conti, i never knew the conti got various packages and can add this add that until I bought my car then realised things that could be added on. Price was a consideration but maybe the SE knew this then tried to sell me the lowest possible price but actually those add-ons are not much lah to be honest. Oh well, now can only look forward but am very happy with the ride. [:p]

• Praise 2