2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Totally right on this bro. when i switched from japanese to conti, i never knew the conti got various packages and can add this add that until I bought my car then realised things that could be added on. Price was a consideration but maybe the SE knew this then tried to sell me the lowest possible price but actually those add-ons are not much lah to be honest. Oh well, now can only look forward but am very happy with the ride. [:p]

same for me too. initially when SE went blabbering abt this spec tat spec I wasn't really listening haha

my experience was aft decide budget, shortlist 2-3 cars, test drive and choose the one I like most. got to admit the drive ie. power and handling is top of my priority.

but all those extra specs, I mus say u wil only appreciate them when u have them.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
my experience was aft decide budget, shortlist 2-3 cars, test drive and choose the one I like most. got to admit the drive ie. power and handling is top of my priority.

but all those extra specs, I mus say u wil only appreciate them when u have them.

one thing I must say... recently I went to try a 1.8 Audi engine......

The sound of VW-group engines is just glorious. Wonderful sound.

I appreciate having extra kit... I know how to play with them so have them gives me more ways to appreciate the car...

A long term friend must have things to discover, I feel.

• Praise 1

one thing I must say... recently I went to try a 1.8 Audi engine......

The sound of VW-group engines is just glorious. Wonderful sound.

I appreciate having extra kit... I know how to play with them so have them gives me more ways to appreciate the car...

A long term friend must have things to discover, I feel.

It's a very good long running engine. So under engineered at stock cos it's so comfortable w 200+Bhp n 300+ torque. I used to thk oil lost is more associated w the 2.0 blocks but of late hv been reading more oil eating issues w this engine.

• Praise 1

Sedan

Avant

Body shape looks pretty much indifferent

But some cool tech inside

like both, but boh lui leh,

only affordable Jap/Kor B&B car :shy:

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
MQX87511, on 29 Jul 2015 - 1:55 PM, said:

like both, but boh lui leh,

only affordable Jap/Kor B&B car :shy:

you are not alone...... :shy:

• Praise 7

I guess since Peter Schreyer went to KIA their current guy Walter DeSilva prefers to reiterate than recreate

But still, despite having the same genes, the SEAT & Skodas look so much nicer... agree.

Anybody here got experience with the 2009 A4 Avant?

Walter De Silva was poached by VW from Alfa around the late 90s and was made head of design at Audi around 2002 and is now overall head of design for the entire VW group.

Peter Schreyer has done a fantastic job for Kia/Hyundai once he joined them in 2006... but was never the lead designer at Audi. He has won awards for the iconic TT though.

• Praise 1

When will the 2016 A4 arrive in SG? 

hearsay got 1.4t so mayb 160k????? frankly I hate the way they confuse the original class level of the cars.  

Hopefully PA bring this in, hahah.

If that's the case price will be close to A3 :) 

Cause Only 3 types of petrol engine available. 

1.4 I4 turbo (148 bhp), 2.0 I4 turbo (187 bhp), 2.0 I4 turbo (248 bhp)

So guess they will want to push for 1.4L  since 2.0 is A6 territory... 

1.4t maybe not have full spec and doesnt fit to general expectation (current A4 with 170hp)

The 2016 A4 is lighter. maybe a reduction of 22BHP won't cause a problem. 

Current 3 series 1.5L engine only have 136BHP @ 220NM. Huess this proves that Audi's A4 1.4L will not be a problem.

hopefully PA don't go crazy and prize it as high as BMW's 3 series... 

Edited by Lchong
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

And new Audi A4 has been revealed finally!

Thunk 1.4 variant will be at motor show cos just launch in showroom on Thursday.

Is the A4 available for public viewing at Alexendra already? Thanksthanks
  • Praise 2

I always like the understated elegance of Audi cars, especially with the DRL in modern Audi. The lines of the cars are simple and classic looking. The modern engines have very nice tone too. The evolutionary design language works well in Porsche as we have come to know.

Always prefer to have more competition for the Stuttgart and Munich giants, and more choices for consumers like us.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

I always like the understated elegance of Audi cars, especially with the DRL in modern Audi. The lines of the cars are simple and classic looking. The modern engines have very nice tone too. The evolutionary design language works well in Porsche as we have come to know.

Always prefer to have more competition for the Stuttgart and Munich giants, and more choices for consumers like us.

Same sentiment here. The other with the same elegance is Jag. Merc has over the top alienating design and Beemer is just too boxy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1