2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Sorry I mean reverse camera not parking camera.

Your installer using the Audi original parts to install the parking camera or the aftermarket one?

Reverse camera not standard on A4 both trim. I think it belongs to one of the expensive tech option. Retrofit locally and integrate into MMI screen apparently costs $1380. But I am worried about electronics issue and warranty.

If you are referring to camera installed for accident claims etc, the one Audi gave is also 3rd party brand. So I install Blackvue shouldn't be a problem. Mine is the 650 model front + rear as well as Wifi & very new so I reuse.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The multiple horizontal chrome inserts - Should be standard for both trim

Dual chrome trim for left & right lower bumper - SE said only for Design trim, somehow mine was fitted as well even though is Base trim

Wheel arc gap - Yeap but I can live with it, doesn't to lower my suspension to close up the gap & end up giving up on comfort. The current suspension setting is very smooth & comfortable, even though on 18" rims and tires.

Exhaust - Yeah, gonna get the dual exhaust diffuser next time, 1 on each side. The car is very new so approved exhaust system gonna take awhile, not in any rush to fit. Current stock can hear abit of nice engine growl during acceleration and the gear shifts which is good enough for me. My gf doesn't like too loud / intrusive engine noises.

I find a slight lag / hesitation on the throttle response / gear shifts especially on lower gears like 1 or 2, if I need to overtake or accelerate quickly from low speeds. The response is fine though if accelerating from stand still. I thought a throttle controller might help with this since my previous twincharged Scirocco also have somewhat similar drive.

Normally if I want to overtake from low speed I'll stick the car to sports and I don't get any lag from the throttle. I imagine that by using sports mode there should be no need to add the throttle controller.

Does the sirocco also come with the driver setting button, what's the effect of the installing the throttle controller with the car in sports?

Reverse camera not standard on A4 both trim. I think it belongs to one of the expensive tech option. Retrofit locally and integrate into MMI screen apparently costs $1380. But I am worried about electronics issue and warranty.

If you are referring to camera installed for accident claims etc, the one Audi gave is also 3rd party brand. So I install Blackvue shouldn't be a problem. Mine is the 650 model front + rear as well as Wifi & very new so I reuse.

$1380 for the reserve camera is very expensive. I dun think SE can throw in this part.

• Praise 1

$1380 for the reserve camera is very expensive. I dun think SE can throw in this part.

If it's PA install, I wouldn't be concerned about warranty. The price is external vendor retrofit.

(edited)

Front exterior with Audi single piece chrome grille with multiple horizontal chrome inserts + Dual chrome trim for left & right lower bumper area + New LED DRL with integrated fog lights (Mythos Black)

*Audi RS6 design rims 18" in silver finish with Continental CSC5 tires

*S-Line bodykit (side skirts only)

*Single chrome exhaust tip (freebie from SE)

To do list:

PPS (tomorrow)

Darkening of window tint (stock solar film is very basic)

Replace rear diffuser to allow for additional exhaust tip on the right side

Exhaust system probably Supersprint for a slightly louder, bassy tone

Throttle controller (none in the market right now can fit this new A4 with its new ODB port)

Wah my goodness you totally transform it. Always thought Audi looks aesthetically challenged - too see pang tao.. too dull but there is a freshness .. A real 新鲜感 that you uncovered with this .. Edited by EricChan

What I understand about the throttle controller is it makes the throttle more sensitive reducing the lag (like putting your foot down more except the accelerator was depressed to begin with) - plz correct if mistaken

For my current car putting the car to sports does exactly the above (and keep the revs as you said so it's kind of both). I am assuming the design for normal and sports mode between audi and bmw would be roughly similar on both fronts.

I thk its main purpose is under the same foot pressure, the thing makes the rpm revs higher, faster than stock...so if u step harder, this thing makes the ecu think u are actually stepping +20% more....im guessing mayb this is the difference to the stock sports mode...

another scenario which I thk wil show the difference is under aggressive driving where u need to let go and step, the throttle module can def help to keep the revs higher and faster than just using our right foot.

I thk its main purpose is under the same foot pressure, the thing makes the rpm revs higher, faster than stock...so if u step harder, this thing makes the ecu think u are actually stepping +20% more....im guessing mayb this is the difference to the stock sports mode...

another scenario which I thk wil show the difference is under aggressive driving where u need to let go and step, the throttle module can def help to keep the revs higher and faster than just using our right foot.

Test driven new a4 before. When on sport mode, if dun drive hard, car feels rough. Similar to cla feel. Maybe just me only.

For the ambient lights, what are the 3 colours available to choose?

The seats are real leather? Why I asked cos even B200 giving synthetic leather seats.

For the ambient lights, what are the 3 colours available to choose?

The seats are real leather? Why I asked cos even B200 giving synthetic leather seats.

Cannot choose or change. White color.

Real leather but headrests are pvc. I didn't ask if leather is fitted locally though.

Cannot choose or change. White color.

Real leather but headrests are pvc. I didn't ask if leather is fitted locally though.

I saw from some website its blue.43e25f24f3d1d53dc3867f293142b9aax.jpg

Head rest PVC is ok. As long as the seats are real leather, I am happy.

Test driven new a4 before. When on sport mode, if dun drive hard, car feels rough. Similar to cla feel. Maybe just me only.

its afterall a small engine pushing out 160bhp....some roughness is expected and somemore its on dsg, not the cvt. CLA is rough for sure...I tried when CLA200 was launched....totally not refined so I sometimes wonder how abt the CLA 180.  

anyw I wont b testing the new a4 but even tho its rough, it wil hv the performance to make up. [nod]

(Listing out what I can recall)

A4 on new MLB-Evo platform; certain model depending on engine have some significant weight savings, up to 120KG

A4 has a new engine, 1.4L turbocharged unit punching out 150BHP/250NM vs A3's 123BHP/200NM

A4 has a newly designed wet-clutch 7speed (DSG) transmission named S-tronic; A3 uses notorious dry clutch 7 speeder

A4 has new interior design language (check my signature links), only new Q7 shares this design style for now; A3 old design language.

Both has centre dashboard screen roughly of same size; A3 is retractable, A4 isn't.

A4 has Apple car play - Enables Messages / Phone calls / Google Maps / Spotify with voice activation on your MMI screen, A3 doesn't.

A4 has new tachometer cluster with bigger centre color display (not referring to Virtual cockpit), A3 using old VW style, very small limited display.

A4 has dynamic sweeping style rear signal lights. A3 doesn't.

A4 has better legroom, foot well space and headroom as well as bigger boot with hands free automatic opening feature.

A4 base trim has full electric seats for both front passenger + driver.

A4 uses a new key fob.. Very hard to find a leather case/pouch that fits it, for now.

Last one.. A4 is newer  [laugh]

At the end of the day, both cars are pretty decent lah. See budget how comfortable lor. 

In my opinion, A4's advantages over the A3 is very significant, so most people will find it worthwhile to jump. But if we compare similarly a 2016 Audi A4 in Quattro 2.0TFSI (0-100km/h in 5.8seconds) standard trim comes with S-line kit & Virtual cockpit vs the current generation Audi A6.. is it still worthwhile to jump to the 6? Maybe not because THAT A4 has most of the bells & whistles, while still quite expensive at a possible $220K-230K speculated, is still cheaper than an A6 with the same 2.0TFSI.

Do you mind sharing a pic of the driver console display? The one you mentioned has a bigger centre color display.

• Praise 1

I saw from some website its blue.43e25f24f3d1d53dc3867f293142b9aax.jpg

Head rest PVC is ok. As long as the seats are real leather, I am happy.

I think Quattro 2.0TFSI S-line - Can choose / change ambient lighting on the go.

Stock for Base & Design trim is white colour.

its afterall a small engine pushing out 160bhp....some roughness is expected and somemore its on dsg, not the cvt. CLA is rough for sure...I tried when CLA200 was launched....totally not refined so I sometimes wonder how abt the CLA 180.  

anyw I wont b testing the new a4 but even tho its rough, it wil hv the performance to make up. [nod]

I didn't try the CLA200 but did so for the CLA180. It felt rough.. The drive didn't feel worthy of its price tag or badge. The A4 is smoother, engine wise.

As for transmission, the S-tronic dual clutch in A4 is superb in acceleration with its audible gear shifts, quick changes in gears but when travelling at low speeds 30km/h and below, the gearbox a bit slow & retarded or some people call it jerky, dunno whether to be in D1 or D2. Give it some RPM or accelerate, the gearbox is a dream to drive. On the other hand, I have never liked the 7G-tronic transmission in the CLA or even the newer C180. It's not jerky on the lower end but it just feels very damped down, uninteresting to drive while accelerating, slower in gear changes.

The multiple horizontal chrome inserts - Should be standard for both trim

Dual chrome trim for left & right lower bumper - SE said only for Design trim, somehow mine was fitted as well even though is Base trim

Wheel arc gap - Yeap but I can live with it, doesn't to lower my suspension to close up the gap & end up giving up on comfort. The current suspension setting is very smooth & comfortable, even though on 18" rims and tires.

Exhaust - Yeah, gonna get the dual exhaust diffuser next time, 1 on each side. The car is very new so approved exhaust system gonna take awhile, not in any rush to fit. Current stock can hear abit of nice engine growl during acceleration and the gear shifts which is good enough for me. My gf doesn't like too loud / intrusive engine noises.

I find a slight lag / hesitation on the throttle response / gear shifts especially on lower gears like 1 or 2, if I need to overtake or accelerate quickly from low speeds. The response is fine though if accelerating from stand still. I thought a throttle controller might help with this since my previous twincharged Scirocco also have somewhat similar drive.

You mean the horizontal grille chrome is standard item? You didn't add this item or do it outside workshop? Looks cool.

• Praise 1

You mean the horizontal grille chrome is standard item? You didn't add this item or do it outside workshop? Looks cool.

Yes. Standard.

For exterior I only did:

18" rims & tires

S Line side skirts

Darkening of window tint + PPS

Neutral Newbie

ObL5Cfc.jpg

Front exterior with Audi single piece chrome grille with multiple horizontal chrome inserts + Dual chrome trim for left & right lower bumper area + New LED DRL with integrated fog lights (Mythos Black)

UtYbSfu.jpg

*Audi RS6 design rims 18" in silver finish with Continental CSC5 tires

*S-Line bodykit (side skirts only)

*Single chrome exhaust tip (freebie from SE)

To do list:

PPS (tomorrow)

Darkening of window tint (stock solar film is very basic)

Replace rear diffuser to allow for additional exhaust tip on the right side

Exhaust system probably Supersprint for a slightly louder, bassy tone

Throttle controller (none in the market right now can fit this new A4 with its new ODB port)

Nicely done. Those 18 inch rims are replica rims? Where did you do it and how much did they cost with the tyres, and does that void any warranty?

Does the new A4 comes with auto din rear view mirror?

Auto fold when car is lock and auto tilt side mirror when engage reverse gear?

Yes. Auto dim rear view mirror that looks very cool with its frameless design.

Yes. Auto fold upon locking and left side mirror tilts down when reversing. Can adjust to your preferred angle & save. Side mirrors can also be heated to reduce water moisture on rainy days so your side mirrors stay clear of droplets.

↡ Advertisement