2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Congrats on your ride. I just collected few days back too, realise that when at highway around speed > 90 if I were to step a little harder on the brakes the car vibrates and it's quite loud on the vibration sound. Does yours happen o have the same issue too?

Is this common for new car or it's faulty?

I haven't driven on expressway yet but will do so tomorrow and let you know. Did you ask your agent if this is a common problem?
↡ Advertisement

I haven't driven on expressway yet but will do so tomorrow and let you know. Did you ask your agent if this is a common problem?

I asked her but she told me to monitor a few days while I set appt with service centre next week.

i understand from others that new cars need to drive over certain amount of distance to "break into" and the distance may vary from one make to another. So maybe after a few thousand km then u can be certain. 

• Praise 1

Congrats on your ride. I just collected few days back too, realise that when at highway around speed > 90 if I were to step a little harder on the brakes the car vibrates and it's quite loud on the vibration sound. Does yours happen o have the same issue too?

ABS kicking in?

Whatever you described, isn't normal, I suppose. I can step my A4 brakes at 120km/h and it wouldn't have a tinge of what you experienced.

Better get it checked soon.

Just collected by A4 today. Bought a few weeks ago as an audi event car (my earlier post)  

Very happy with it.  Only minor thing is that when the car was delivered I noticed a small scratch at the front which I guess was because the staff were not careful.  Have to send it back for re-spraying again which is a little annoying but ain't gonna let that small thing dampen my mood!

I also learnt today that for iphone, if I connect my USB to it, the screen does not allow google maps.  Have to use apple maps.  Does anyone know if there is a way around it?

This thread has been extremely helpful bros.  Thanks to all the bros for all the helpful advice.

Apple Car Play is an OS overlay or sort of, to use for iPhone users on car entertainment screen.. so as the name suggests, you can only use what Apple deems fit to be on this OS overlay. So for maps, it will be their very own Apple Maps. Not as good as Google Maps, yes but much improved since its first iteration.

That said, I really wish they allow more apps to be available on Apple Car Play.

No la, I like the A4. Just that I feel PA doesn't do justice to the car by giving it ugly 16" wheels, and by putting a boring silver car as showroom car.

I prefer the interior of the B8/8.5 to the B9.

As mentioned by other, why they give 16" rims has been explained. I too, can't be bothered about the 16" rims since I will be changing it anyways. I wouldn't like it either if they gave me 17" or 18" ones that cost more and doesn't look good. I think rims designs are very up to the individual.

Also.. They had many A4s on demo showroom duty lah. Always changing, different colours all the time. I find it okay that way. Silver is boring on most cars.. not just an Audi. Also, when this B9 model was launched, they had a fully packed sweet looking 2.0TFSI version on the upper floor of the showroom. Salivating.

As for interior, Q7 then followed by B9 A4, started this new design language for Audi. They are going to do the same with every other car in the line up.. recently with the A5 / S5. Actually the German marques are all doing the same thing lah. But I like.. high tech feel, good quality cabin.

Neutral Newbie

Anybody knows how much does PA sells sports pedal for A4 ? I checked with the parts sales personnel they say around $100 but stock only come near Jan. I checked outside workshop for A4 b9 they have ready stock and, they said it's oem sports foot pedal and they selling $300. Anybody can advise please? Thanks

PA price sgd100 is for the A1 n A3 models n is only accelerator n brake pedals. A4 B9 is a different model so that price is not applicable.
  • Praise 1

Whatever you described, isn't normal, I suppose. I can step my A4 brakes at 120km/h and it wouldn't have a tinge of what you experienced.

Better get it checked soon.

Apple Car Play is an OS overlay or sort of, to use for iPhone users on car entertainment screen.. so as the name suggests, you can only use what Apple deems fit to be on this OS overlay. So for maps, it will be their very own Apple Maps. Not as good as Google Maps, yes but much improved since its first iteration.

That said, I really wish they allow more apps to be available on Apple Car Play.

Yeah. Apple maps are not the best but agreed they have improved.

Two general observations / issues on the A4 ever since I started driving a few days ago:

1) i hear this "clonking" sound around the 45-50km/h mark when the gear changes. It's not the auto locking (as that kicks in earlier). I recall someone posted about this before. But wanted to check if it's something to worry about.

2) i permanently leave my USB 1 port (the one closer to the driver seat) plugged in. But when every time I start my engine I have to plug it in and out for it to recognize my phone is plugged in. It's a little annoying and I don't think it's my wire.

Other than that I'm amazed by how powerful this 1.4T engine is. Smooth ride, quiet, decent horsepower and comfortable and stable. Liking the drive so far. Wonderful value for money continental car.

Just collected by A4 today. Bought a few weeks ago as an audi event car (my earlier post)  

Very happy with it.  Only minor thing is that when the car was delivered I noticed a small scratch at the front which I guess was because the staff were not careful.  Have to send it back for re-spraying again which is a little annoying but ain't gonna let that small thing dampen my mood!

I also learnt today that for iphone, if I connect my USB to it, the screen does not allow google maps.  Have to use apple maps.  Does anyone know if there is a way around it?

This thread has been extremely helpful bros.  Thanks to all the bros for all the helpful advice.

Yes u can only use APPLE maps. 

If you want use google maps, must switch to andriod 

Two general observations / issues on the A4 ever since I started driving a few days ago:

1) i hear this "clonking" sound around the 45-50km/h mark when the gear changes. It's not the auto locking (as that kicks in earlier). I recall someone posted about this before. But wanted to check if it's something to worry about. NORMAL - part of the 'Get in; Take off' theme of A4 B9

2) i permanently leave my USB 1 port (the one closer to the driver seat) plugged in. But when every time I start my engine I have to plug it in and out for it to recognize my phone is plugged in. It's a little annoying and I don't think it's my wire. - Original Apple cable? 

Other than that I'm amazed by how powerful this 1.4T engine is. Smooth ride, quiet, decent horsepower and comfortable and stable. Liking the drive so far. Wonderful value for money continental car.

as above in red 

I think you got the answer in our Whatsapp group hahah.  [:p]

• Praise 1

babystar123, on 04 Dec 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:snapback.png

1) i hear this "clonking" sound around the 45-50km/h mark when the gear changes. It's not the auto locking (as that kicks in earlier). I recall someone posted about this before. But wanted to check if it's something to worry about. NORMAL - part of the 'Get in; Take off' theme of A4 B9

2) i permanently leave my USB 1 port (the one closer to the driver seat) plugged in. But when every time I start my engine I have to plug it in and out for it to recognize my phone is plugged in. It's a little annoying and I don't think it's my wire. - Original Apple cable? 

Thanks for your advice brother.  It is original cable.  The problem is periodic.  This morning it was ok.

Just gotten my new A4 1.4 some time back. What are the lowering options (coilovers) that are available now? Noticed that the ride height is a little SUV-ish. Thanks in advance! [:p] 

1) i hear this "clonking" sound around the 45-50km/h mark when the gear changes. It's not the auto locking (as that kicks in earlier). I recall someone posted about this before. But wanted to check if it's something to worry about.

2) i permanently leave my USB 1 port (the one closer to the driver seat) plugged in. But when every time I start my engine I have to plug it in and out for it to recognize my phone is plugged in. It's a little annoying and I don't think it's my wire.

1. Clonking sound is "locking" of engine mounts. It specifically kicks in at 40km/h exactly. See if this is the sound you are referring to. It's normal feature for new Audi cars.

2. I think the Apple Car Play isn't very sensitive. Sometimes, when I plug in my iPhone, it doesn't auto detect or it takes a very long. You can circumvent this by going to Apple Smartphone > Connection Manager and select your phone. Then Apply Car Play will start. Easier than plugging out and in the phone since you need 2 hands to do that and only 1 hands to adjust using the MMI knob.

As for engine performance.. I am satisfied, not exactly thrilled so I am still waiting for PA to announce in house tuning for stage 1. Then I will probably get an exhaust system for a slightly louder more bassy tone. Though I have to say the comfort and noise insulation is really top notch.. not forgetting we are paying $10-15K or so lesser than other German offerings of same segment.

PA price sgd100 is for the A1 n A3 models n is only accelerator n brake pedals. A4 B9 is a different model so that price is not applicable.

For Audi A4 B9.. the accelerator component is a total replacement, not just stick / drill over the pedal. Thus the cost of the entire set is higher. 

Is Audi PA showroom only in Alexander? Sorry for the noob question..

Yes.

Ubi's one is the service centre. Used car showroom right beside it. So if you wanna check out the new cars, it's at Alexander. 

At Alexander, there's a smaller used car showroom also for Audi.. so make sure you go to the right one. If you see the building at the corner of a junction, 3-4 storeys high, it's the right one for new car showroom. Near BMW C&C showrooms.

↡ Advertisement