2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Hi all,

Do you have any good SE to recommend?

Thanks.

Why dont you PM me your details I will get my sales person to call you

From my previous interaction with 2 diff sales staff, the front chrome grille can be thrown in FOC? Just need to push them a bit more. They didnt give me a outright yes, but they said if u confirm commited to the deal, they can negotiate more freebies. :P

On the 5 year warranty, it would also imply that during this 5 years u must go back to PA for the servicing right?

yes servicing with them

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

I just booked my Audi A4 1.4 base model, and I am expecting to receive my car in a week or so. The base model comes with the 16" rims. I am considering upgrading to the 19" or 18" rims once I get my car, and I had a few questions for those who have upgraded:

- Have you noticed if it has made the speedometer inaccurate?

- Has it made the drive of the car worse in any way?

- Is there anything else I should worry about in getting this upgrade? (Increased FC etc)

- Will you recommend 18" or 19"?

I was quoted a set of 19inch replica with Dunlop 050+ 245/35r19 at $1300. Is this a good tyre to get for the Audi?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just booked my Audi A4 1.4 base model, and I am expecting to receive my car in a week or so. The base model comes with the 16" rims. I am considering upgrading to the 19" or 18" rims once I get my car, and I had a few questions for those who have upgraded:

- Have you noticed if it has made the speedometer inaccurate?

- Has it made the drive of the car worse in any way?

- Is there anything else I should worry about in getting this upgrade? (Increased FC etc)

- Will you recommend 18" or 19"?

I was quoted a set of 19inch replica with Dunlop 050+ 245/35r19 at $1300. Is this a good tyre to get for the Audi?

Thanks!

Congrats on your new ride!

For me I'll go max Plus 2 sizing. Means 18" in this case.

Speedo will be inaccurate slightly just keep within 5kmh less and you'll be safe.

You will experience more road bumps but it's still ok.

FC minimal impact if you continue to drive normally and be slow and steady in moving off. But get lightweight rims please. If heavy rims it will be sluggish when you wanna move off spiritedly.

Please don't buy replica when you are driving an Audi. Get a proper 18" BBS or OZ Racing or Work Emotion rims. For 18" with PS4 grade tyres after trade in, maybe about 2k?

If you choose the higher grade BBS or ATS rims, it may cost maybe $800 more?

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

Does the standard A4 comes with the Audi Driver Assist Package for safety features such as lane departure assist etc?

Anybody knows where i can get the local model brochure online?

TIA

Took delivery of 1.4t audi A4 last week.  Mythos black with grey interior.  Got it at year end price of 145,999, but registration had to be by end 2016.  Only the 3 servicings as freebies.  Even the chrome trim in the front they charge me $500, though some here may have gotten it free (list price is $900+).  No rim upgrade from 16".  

I was driving a 2009 1.8t B8 A4, so my comments are largely around comparison between the two.  PA took my old A4 at $45, sgcarmart suggested range was $40-45k and one dealer offered $43k so I thought not too bad.

New dashboard and controls certainly gives the B9 A4 a modern feel.  At the showroom i had hopped into a Q3 and the interior look and feel was like my B8 A4.

the B9 feels lighter than the B8, supposed to be around 100kg lighter.  pick up feels faster, but note that posted numbers of torque and acceleration are similar (my B8 A4 is the 250nm torque, only the B8.5 is 320nm torque but never tried that).

steering feels lighter on the B9, don't know if that's because my B8 was getting old (7 years plus).  personally would have liked it a little heavier, tried setting steering to dynamic rather than comfort, did not feel that different.

going through the gear shifts, acceleration is great at third gear.  at first and second gear feels forced, but no worse than my B8 A4.

fuel efficiency: on my journey to work which is mainly highway, i was getting 6.0-6.2l/100km on the B8 but now getting 5.0-5.2l/100km on the B9.  BUT this could be because its a new car, plus i switch to 98 instead of 95 petrol... new car, thought i shud sayang it abit more, my previous B8 i had bought used and used 95 petrol from point of ownership.

did not like the 16 inch wheels, no confidence cornering.  switched to 18 inch within the week, better now.  got lightweight ones so hopefully the lighter weight will compensate for the decreased efficiency and fuel consumption not greatly affected.

thanking bro Audi2016 in particular, and all the rest of contributors here, for all the postings.  i think i already made the purchase by the time i came across this thread and the posts, but it was informative and helped - got the chrome trims and chrome tip which i would have otherwise missed.

• Praise 3

Clarification on fuel consumption - the 5l/100km is for almost full highway journey. Point i wanted to make was, published stats notwithstanding, the 1.4t seems better in FC than the previous 1.8t. But FC on city driving not that great, on trip basis i get around 10l/100km. Currently averaging 7l/100km combined.

Promo for the new A4 2.0 at the event was $194k for event participant and it is a new car.

Can try calling PA tomorrow see if they can do it at $200k since the cost of A4 2.0 vs the base A4 1.4 is less than $50k.

PA is really firm on the A4 2.0 pricing. I've checked with 2 of their SA and both told me the price for the car is $230k thereabouts after discounts. The premium over the A4 1.4 is $85k with just the addition of the VC, Quattro and 2.0 engine. The other features are more or less the same between the 2 cars.

I thought that they would give me some sort of loyalty discount since I bought my current A4 2.0 from them but they didn't want to budge. I can't believe that they were offering the car for just 194k during the launch but now they are asking for $230k. Ridiculous!

Really disappointing! Maybe I shld head over and take a look at the BMW 330i!

• Praise 2

PA is really firm on the A4 2.0 pricing. I've checked with 2 of their SA and both told me the price for the car is $230k thereabouts after discounts. The premium over the A4 1.4 is $85k with just the addition of the VC, Quattro and 2.0 engine. The other features are more or less the same between the 2 cars.

I thought that they would give me some sort of loyalty discount since I bought my current A4 2.0 from them but they didn't want to budge. I can't believe that they were offering the car for just 194k during the launch but now they are asking for $230k. Ridiculous!

Get an A6 then  [;)]

• Praise 2

Hi guys, got my car delivered today. It's amazing to drive. However the one issue I notice is with the reverse camera which PA throw in for free. When I reverse, the camera comes on but once I change the gear back To D/S is doesn't stop. The Audi agent said the camera will go off once you move off fwd about 20kms/ hr to stop the camera. Does it make sense?

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, got my car delivered today. It's amazing to drive. However the one issue I notice is with the reverse camera which PA throw in for free. When I reverse, the camera comes on but once I change the gear back To D/S is doesn't stop. The Audi agent said the camera will go off once you move off fwd about 20kms/ hr to stop the camera. Does it make sense?

That sounds not good. On my 2009 C180 I have an aftermarket camera and it goes off the moment I move out of the reverse gear.
  • Praise 1

Doesn't make sense. It should switch back to normal media / radio view the moment you are back in P or D mode.

• Praise 1

It is that way. it is suppose to work this way just in case you need to move forward and reverse again. 

Go for the BMW 330i. you won't regret it.

• Praise 2

Took delivery of 1.4t audi A4 last week.  Mythos black with grey interior.  Got it at year end price of 145,999, but registration had to be by end 2016.  Only the 3 servicings as freebies.  Even the chrome trim in the front they charge me $500, though some here may have gotten it free (list price is $900+).  No rim upgrade from 16".  

I was driving a 2009 1.8t B8 A4, so my comments are largely around comparison between the two.  PA took my old A4 at $45, sgcarmart suggested range was $40-45k and one dealer offered $43k so I thought not too bad.

New dashboard and controls certainly gives the B9 A4 a modern feel.  At the showroom i had hopped into a Q3 and the interior look and feel was like my B8 A4.

the B9 feels lighter than the B8, supposed to be around 100kg lighter.  pick up feels faster, but note that posted numbers of torque and acceleration are similar (my B8 A4 is the 250nm torque, only the B8.5 is 320nm torque but never tried that).

steering feels lighter on the B9, don't know if that's because my B8 was getting old (7 years plus).  personally would have liked it a little heavier, tried setting steering to dynamic rather than comfort, did not feel that different.

going through the gear shifts, acceleration is great at third gear.  at first and second gear feels forced, but no worse than my B8 A4.

fuel efficiency: on my journey to work which is mainly highway, i was getting 6.0-6.2l/100km on the B8 but now getting 5.0-5.2l/100km on the B9.  BUT this could be because its a new car, plus i switch to 98 instead of 95 petrol... new car, thought i shud sayang it abit more, my previous B8 i had bought used and used 95 petrol from point of ownership.

did not like the 16 inch wheels, no confidence cornering.  switched to 18 inch within the week, better now.  got lightweight ones so hopefully the lighter weight will compensate for the decreased efficiency and fuel consumption not greatly affected.

thanking bro Audi2016 in particular, and all the rest of contributors here, for all the postings.  i think i already made the purchase by the time i came across this thread and the posts, but it was informative and helped - got the chrome trims and chrome tip which i would have otherwise missed.

What is your mileage for used car YR2009 trade in with Audi?

↡ Advertisement