2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

it is you who don't understand. Stop trying to pass the buck.  

It is that for a fact, RWD is better AT HANDLING than FWD in general, with other factors being equal.

When referring to RWD being better at HANDLING, it means the situation of driving the car at bends and curves but not necessarily at high speeds or dangerously or recklessly.

So please only compare handling during such scenarios at bends and curves, at any road, at any country.

Don't come in and shift the goalpost by just choosing to nitpick based on 1 or 2 certain scenarios in Singapore (and for goodness sake, don't bring STRAIGHT LINE into the discussion for handling) and question why RWD is better. Many of us go to the track too and this is where we appreciate BETTER HANDLING.

You want to argue on straight lines and SG driving? Fine! FWD or RWD doesn't make much difference. Happy now?

But needless to say it won't change your thinking at all cos it won't go into your head.

From Yahoo Answers - https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101105072830AALiqD9

As cars become more powerful it is difficult to have one set of wheels doing the steering and the accelerating. By having the front wheels do the steering, and the rear wheels driving the car, you get a better-balanced vehicle. This eliminates torque steer and improves acceleration. Rear wheel drive offers better weight distribution (much closer to 50/50 than fwd), which in turn offers more predictable handling. With the advent of traction control and stability management systems, the front wheel drive advantage in slippery conditions has been significantly reduced.

From National Motorists Association Blog - https://www.motorists.org/blog/pros-cons-rear-wheel-drive-front-wheel-drive-or-all-wheel-drive/

The other advantage RWD cars offer is better balance — and because of this, better handling. While a FWD car has most of the weight of the engine and transaxle (the transmission and axle assembly are one unit in a FWD car) over the front wheels, a RWD car spreads the weight of its drivetrain more evenly front-to-rear.

And please, don't confuse traction with handling.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  :a-bang:  :a-bang:  :a-bang:  

ignore th kid bro....let them be.  My final point is agree to disagree.

Straights are for boys, corners for men!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

But hey, it's a forum and let's not lose any sleep over cars, for at the end of ten years, you can bid adieu to any AWD, FWD or RWD  [:p]

With all the car-lite talk, In 10 years time, we can argue about which is better;

RWD E-Scooter or FWD E-scooter.

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 1

Guys, you all already proven your point. Stop stirring and OT leh. This thread is for discussion of Audi A4 B9.

Take your petty squabble about RWD drive train thing elsewhere.

People who truly wants to ask / share about the car will have their posts buried in all these nonsense. 

• Praise 4

Anyone knows what's the package for A4 after the last bidding?

Still the same. But other freebies depends on negotiation skills
  • Praise 1

Guys, you all already proven your point. Stop stirring and OT leh. This thread is for discussion of Audi A4 B9.

Take your petty squabble about RWD drive train thing elsewhere.

People who truly wants to ask / share about the car will have their posts buried in all these nonsense. 

Part of the reason i stopped replying.

• Praise 1

Anyone experience a clicking sound ( not the auto car lock ) once you depress the pedel and move off... Its seems like the sound is transmitting from the brake pedal area.

There's an engine mount lock sound once you move off and reach 40km/h speed, if this isn't the sound you are referring to, you gotta get it checked.

Maybe you replaced the brake pedal with the aluminium one and it wasn't fitted properly?

I tink he trying to say. Fwd and rwd no diff when cornering within legal speed. Rwd and fwd drives differently. However, the driver will adjust accordingly and will still be able to go where they point the vehicle to.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My new A4 will be collected next week, pls add me in chatgroup (if any)

Same here, please add me to chatgroup, thanks

9727 7486

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

There's an engine mount lock sound once you move off and reach 40km/h speed, if this isn't the sound you are referring to, you gotta get it checked.

Maybe you replaced the brake pedal with the aluminium one and it wasn't fitted properly?

thanks for the advice ... SE says its some fuse switching over when moving off....

Neutral Newbie

Dear Bros, Sisters.

Just collected my new A4 couple of days ago. [:p] May I ask you for an advise since this is my first time driving a car with electronic parking feature.  For example: when the gear shift is at Reverse mode during parking, do I need to shift the gear back to Neutral first before pressing the e-parking button? 

thanks

Dear Bros, Sisters.

Just collected my new A4 couple of days ago. [:p] May I ask you for an advise since this is my first time driving a car with electronic parking feature. For example: when the gear shift is at Reverse mode during parking, do I need to shift the gear back to Neutral first before pressing the e-parking button?

thanks

This is the SOP I derived myself for electronic parking. Will save the gb in the long run.

1. Put to neutral

2. activate e parking brake and lift off your foot brake

3. Stop engine and wait for 3 seconds

4. Press the P button to engage parking.

Reason for #2 is to let the car rest on the parking brake without foot brake assist. This ensures the car doesn't move at all after P is engaged.

Reason for #3 is to let the car rest on the parking brake solely on battery without engine assist. This also ensures the car doesn't move at all after P is engaged.

Last step is press P. I appreciate this SOP when on slope and when battery gets older.

thanks for the advice ... SE says its some fuse switching over when moving off....

*Choke*.....fuse switching over???.....Wahahaha
  • Praise 1