2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Nice. Did you ask for the front chrome grill and chrome SW? And can we upgrade the 3m classic solar film (review say its quite useless)?

No more audi credits?

I don't really like the chrome parts so did not ask for it. 2k Audi credits i use it to offset the selling price. Probably i think you can exchange the solar film with the chrome grill.
↡ Advertisement

rim width and offset is also important for flushed looks.

im on 18", 8.5" width and et35. still not exaclty flushed but good enough to hit kerbs haha.

our group has bros with 19" 8.5" and et 32 more flushed and still can full lock the front + lowered to 2 fingers.

i suspect stock suspension maybe can do 19x9J et30 and still full lock. this one really flushed liao for the front. rear as normal will not flush due to wider fenders. unless do staggered.

Just to share the deal that i gotten.

Booked my A4 on 8th Feb and etd 23 Feb.

Price: $148,999 comes with

- 5 years warranty (unlimited mileage)

- 3 years/3 times free servicing 15/30/45k

- 3m classic solar film

- Audi reverse camera

- Audi 3m car mat

- Chrome exhaust tip

- Audi IU cover

- SE said will share cost with me for iroad v9

Cheers!

Congratulations on your purchase. The A4 B9 is a great car.

I got a fairly similar deal when I booked in Jan for CNY deliver. It was 150K for me, but I added 7.5K for Virtual Cockpit as they had one car with it available.

@audi2016  [laugh]  [laugh] noted, anyway thanks for the detailed review, helped alot awaiting delivery! 

@Yuan What bbs model are you on?

@Carer my current b8 is on staggered setup but the rear 255 tyres are abit ex and cannot rotate with front ones -_-

@AUDI2017 Thank you! Is it only with VC then you will get a sim card slot for wifi hotspot?

Anyway how do i multi quote? 

Anybody got the driver assistance package like collision assistance, lane keep assist etc?

how much would that cost?

Edited by Grhu8175

Neutral Newbie

Nice. Did you ask for the front chrome grill and chrome SW? And can we upgrade the 3m classic solar film (review say its quite useless)?

No more audi credits?

I upgraded from the 3m classic to the top version by topping up an additional $230.00 when I got my car.  I think its worth it to upgrade.

@AUDI2017 Thank you! Is it only with VC then you will get a sim card slot for wifi hotspot?

I thought it is there for all models. It is in the glove compartment in front of front passenger seat. It's in the middle of two SD card slots.

With the Virtual Cockpit, you get some extra buttons on the steering wheel, a larger screen and the navigation which is very nice, but doesn't seem to have real-time traffic which is annoying even with the SIM card.

Most phones have a Wi-Fi hotspot feature these days anyway.

Anybody got the driver assistance package like collision assistance, lane keep assist etc?

how much would that cost?

The problem with any of these options is that you have to wait 3-4 months for delivery.

I thought it is there for all models. It is in the glove compartment in front of front passenger seat. It's in the middle of two SD card slots.

With the Virtual Cockpit, you get some extra buttons on the steering wheel, a larger screen and the navigation which is very nice, but doesn't seem to have real-time traffic which is annoying even with the SIM card.

Most phones have a Wi-Fi hotspot feature these days anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

Can I know if it is as difficult to maintain the Moonlight Blue as any other black exterior? Quite like the blue hue but concern the potential swirl and maintenance effort.

Hello all! This is my second post (and a super long one) in MCF (First one was getting a PPS quote from Ace_GT). I have been following this thread for the past few months and I am posting this to clarify some questions and answers and our experience with PA.

First off, I want to thank Audi2016 and Carer for their reviews and feedback of their A4 B9 over the past few months.

I would also like to point out that its a family car. I am just a prodigal son spokesperson and chauffeur second driver.

1. Why did we select the A4 as our next car to replace our BMW E90 320i:

After looking at a few reviews, doing numerous test drives and prices of various cars in its class (A4, XE, 3 Series and C Class), we decided that the Audi A4 is the most practical, spacious (Especially the rear), the best looking interior (as well as being high tech) and has the most attractive price point.

This was our selection matrix (from most important to least important) and its based on our personal opinion only,
i) Price: A4 > XE > 3 series > C Class
ii) OMV (Based on various posts in Conti Talk): XE > C Class > A4 > 3 Series

iii) Practicality: A4 > 3 Series > C Class > XE 

iv) Comfort: C Class > A4 > 3 Series > XE

v) Interior: A4 > C Class > XE > 3 Series

vi) Exterior: C Class > XE > A4 > 3 Series (A4 B9 looks similar to the B8 and F30 is outgoing model)

vii) Handling: XE > 3 Series > A4 > C Class

2. When did we order our Audi A4 1.4l  and how much did it cost:

We ordered on 30th of April, in Moonlight Blue with Virtual Cockpit, which cost us $157,499 ($149,999 + $7500) with an OMV of $34k and COE of $51k (Cat B). With alot of some hassle, we also did not pay any penalty for not taking their loan and trade-in of our 320i (Which we actually sold it to a 2nd hand dealer for $4K more than what PA offered).

3. What freebies did we get:

Not much, just their aftermarket korean front cam and welcome lights (front doors only, which is still apparently OOS and not installed in our A4 yet).

4. How did we manage to get one with the Virtual Cockpit:

Honestly, it was a stroke of luck, blessing and timing. Just like most of you who inquired about the VC, we were also disappointed that our SE told us that there was no A4 1.4L in VC and the event cars with VC were all sold (My CEO and I were overseas during that week of the promotion). But we were fortunate enough to speak to the manager, who is able to see all the A4s that was arriving in SG. To our surprise, there was only ONE A4 fitted with VC in Moonlight Blue and black interior (both of which we wanted) which was arriving on the 5th of May. Had we not gone for the VC, we will have to wait till late June for the next shipment to arrive as the other A4s in Moonlight Blue in the 5th May shipment were all sold.

As we were only eyeing at the A4 in Moonlight Blue, we did not know whether the A4s in other colours have any fitted with the VC.

5. Why does the Virtual Cockpit cost $7,500:

The 12" Virtual cockpit comes with the MMI Navigation Plus with MMI touch (Touchpad on the scroll wheel). This includes an 8" screen at the centre dashboard (as mentioned by Audi2016), built-in GPS and Audi connect (Wi-Fi hotspot, Google Earth and Google point-of-interest search).

Audi Connect also requires a Data SIM Card, which we had one useless nanoSIM card lying around that was part of a Singtel MIO plan.

Currently, the advantages of having a VC is multi tasking, where the MMI screen at the centre dashboard is used for Android Auto and the VC is used for GPS:

20160514_134828.jpg

6. Photos from the collection of our A4 yesterday:

P5131152.jpg

P5131148.jpg

P5131155.jpg

20160513_170742.jpg

7. Aftermarket mods:

Agreed with everyone in this thread who commented that 16 inch wheels were too small. Immediately after collection, we went to Leong Seng and had our wheels changed to used 19-inch S5 Rims (New ones were too expensive) in Matt Black with new 245/35 R19 Good Year F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres.

Recommended by Audi2016 from his post a few months back, chrome exhaust, rear sills, chrome steering wheel trim, S-line skirts and front chrome grills (Centre, lower left and right) were installed at Continental Klasse (which you can see in their Facebook page).

Thanks for sharing.

Can I know if it is as difficult to maintain the Moonlight Blue as any other black exterior? Quite like the blue hue but concern the potential swirl and maintenance effort.

I am really humbled that you and others are still reading my car collection experience after 8 months and 15,000km.

Back to your question, unfortunately, Yes. Basically have to maintain like any black vehicle, where water marks and dirt are easily seen. At night it will look black and in the day, as you mentioned, the blue hue will appear and looks absolutely amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

continental klasse supply and install the grille for yiu? i dun need to buy online?

Bought A4 for couple of months, and would like to join the WhatsApp group to share experience.

Anyone know who I should PM?

Just curious why did you guys choose a WhatsApp group vs a Facebook group? Large WhatsApp groups are fairly annoying with constant notifications, even if you mute the thread, you get the unread bubble! :)

Edited by Audi2017
↡ Advertisement