2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Am seriously considering to purchase an Audi A4.

Would be very interested to receive from you guys the best recent deals you have been able to negotiate. It would be very helpful and highly appreciated.

Also if you have an SE to recommend, interested!

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

This is not really an Audi question but given I've been following this forum for a while and there are so many experienced bros here, thought I would ask the question, hope you don't mind.

I am usually a very careful driver (been driving 10 years with 0 demerit points), but this morning I think I ran a red light due to poor judgment. The junction of Lavender St and Kallang Road. It was pretty darn close, but reviewing my dash cam footage I think I may not have made it.  There was a red light camera (those orange ones) but it did not flash.  I did a bit of reading and I understand that the new cameras do not flash, so it is impossible to know (especially in the day) if you got caught.  

A few questions:

- Is there any "grace period" for the red light camera.  I think it would have been VERY close, so if there is some grace period I may be able to have scraped it barely.

- Does the new right light camera flash in the day?

I attach a picture of a screenshot from my Dash Cam - this is the moment between the amber and red light (so the traffic light shows no light).  you can see my bonnet has not passed the STOP line.  

Thanks bros!

hi bro, if your car is still on the white line where the camera sensor is when the light turned red, chances are GG already, plus running red light similar to speeding quite impossible to appeal (maybe I noob). just gotta be more careful.

Neutral Newbie

Dear bros, 

Went down to the show room today and was told of a March promotion of $150,999. Would also like to know more about the good deals you guys got as i'm quite keen in the A4. COE seems to be going up north(and will probably continue upwards) and i think it's time to get out from the side lines and take the plunge !

Seems like the price has gone up by $1k as back in mid-Feb, the A4 non-design deal was going for $149,999. Considering that COE went up by more than $1k, guess the $1k increase is "reasonable". Judging from the crowd at PML and PA this weekend, COE will most likely be in this region of $50k/$60k.

For freebies, below are the "standard" items based on the recent posts shared:

1) Chrome trims (for the non-Design)

2) DVR

3) Solar film

12 months road tax is standard as per price list. Was told service credits given if in-house car loan/insurance taken and the service credits translate to 3 years FOC service.

The other key consideration will be the trade-in price of the used vehicle. This depends a lot on your negotiation skill and it will be advisable to have a base in mind prior to the negotiation.

Happy shopping!

Neutral Newbie

The other key consideration will be the trade-in price of the used vehicle. This depends a lot on your negotiation skill and it will be advisable to have a base in mind prior to the negotiation.

Yup. When I placed my booking for an A4 in Nov last year, the amount offered for my then 8+ year-old ride was so ridiculously low that I declined.  Later on, I managed to sell it  to an outside dealer for $30+k more.   

Edited by goku

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and advice on the vehicle purchase.

I will try to work things out and see how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

Yup. When I placed my booking for an A4 in Nov last year, the amount offered for my then 8+ year-old ride was so ridiculously low that I declined. Later on, I managed to sell it to an outside dealer for $30+k more.

Mind if i ask what car was that? Its a huge difference for 30k more.

My car due in Nov 2017. Basically i just wanna get my parf rebate back plus a bit more can liao

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Mind if i ask what car was that? Its a huge difference for 30k more.

My car due in Nov 2017. Basically i just wanna get my parf rebate back plus a bit more can liao

Oops.. it's not $30+k but $3+k , or about 20% lower than outside dealer's offer.

My apology for the error!

Oops.. it's not $30+k but $3+k , or about 20% lower than outside dealer's offer.

My apology for the error!

Ohh i see haha. I thought how come such a big difference

Need the advice of the senior bros here. Whats the difference between having a over trade vs a direct discount given on the car price? Noticed that Audi do not practice over trade.

Ohh i see haha. I thought how come such a big difference

Need the advice of the senior bros here. Whats the difference between having a over trade vs a direct discount given on the car price? Noticed that Audi do not practice over trade.

Simple.

car price is artificially inflated then give you more trade-in (to offset jacked up price) - overtrade

car price is artificially inflated then give you more discount (to offset jacked up price)  - direct discount.

-  count the common words between the 2 sentences above should give you an indication what are the differences.

• Praise 1

Simple.

car price is artificially inflated then give you more trade-in (to offset jacked up price) - overtrade

To help marginal buyer clear the downpayment requirement. 

car price is artificially inflated then give you more discount (to offset jacked up price)  - direct discount.

-  count the common words between the 2 sentences above should give you an indication what are the differences.

Add in the exclusion difference term between this 2 for u.

Neutral Newbie

Add in the exclusion difference term between this 2 for u.

But for overtrade. Buyer will have to pay more gst on the higher car price.
  • Praise 1

Audis trade in comparatively lower than bmw or merc i realised. Just go check if tally with outside prices before deciding ba

I don't agree that Audi offer comparatively lower than BMW or merc

I trade in my Toyota Altis in 2013 for A4 B8, they offer me 68k for 3 1/2 year old Altis which is close to same model selling price in mycarforum. The price of A4 is $165999 (COE is 76k) which they manage to earn least than 20k... (BMW offer 68k and Merc is 64k + 5k overtrade, but they making more than 30k profit)

In Jan 2017, i trade in my A4B8 for A4B9 for 93k and the car subsequently selling at 100k now in mycarforum.

Dont simply smoke by BMW and Merc as they quoted super high premium selling price to you but use "overtrade" to attract you buy their car. 

Edited by Jckok888

I don't agree that Audi offer comparatively lower than BMW or merc

I trade in my Toyota Altis in 2013 for A4 B8, they offer me 68k for 3 1/2 year old Altis which is close to same model selling price in mycarforum. The price of A4 is $165999 (COE is 76k) which they manage to earn least than 20k... (BMW offer 68k and Merc is 64k + 5k overtrade, but they making more than 30k profit)

In Jan 2017, i trade in my A4B8 for A4B9 for 93k and the car subsequently selling at 100k now in mycarforum.

Dont simply smoke by BMW and Merc as they quoted super high premium selling price to you but use "overtrade" to attract you buy their car.

Nope, they quoted me almost the same price as outside for mine, whereas audi gave me 5k lesser.

And its not to say overtrade or anything cos the the prices are abt the same, just straight off 5k lesser.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys! New to this forum. Been driving the A4 B9 since last August.

Came across this forum recently as I was searching for a solution to my aircon blowing hot air problem. I suspected the start/stop feature causing it. Due to the city driving conditions, after stopping several times at traffic junctions with the engine cutting off and coming back on again sometimes the aircon will stop blowing cold air. It will recover between 5 to 15 mins later usually. This can be quite uncomfortable due to the hot weather and embarrassing when I have guests in my car.

I've brought my car in to PA twice for other issues and highlighted this problem to them but my SA tells me they can't find any fault codes so they can't do anything.

Just wondering how many of you are experiencing the same problem and are there any solutions besides switching off the start/stop feature everytime you start the car? If that is the case why have the start/stop feature at all? A relative of mine driving a BMW which also has the start/stop feature says he doesn't have this issue.

I also have this issue.

Was a hot day and I did 20degC + fan speed 4.

Then when car is cooled already, I did 23degC + fan speed 2.

But it blew warm air. I had to turn to 20degC then the air is cold. All the way from Ntu to hougang. Every time I tried to turn to 23degC, 22, 21, it's always warm air.

Now seems to be ok. And aircon blowing warm air has happened to a few other drivers in the Whatsapp group.

↡ Advertisement