2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Thanks, bro.  

I called Ted of Auto image (at Sin Ming) this morning. He is able to install the 3rd party front corner sensors. As for 3rd party reverse camera, he quoted me about $1,000. Is this price ok?

I have around the same price for reverse camera from Elebest. SGD$ 9xx. Do ensure this is with gridlines.

↡ Advertisement

And I believe the rev cam from Elebest is original Audi or 3rd party?

I have around the same price for reverse camera from Elebest. SGD$ 9xx. Do ensure this is with gridlines.

And I believe the rev cam from Elebest is original Audi or 3rd party?

I doubt it is original as they deemed. Anyhow, warranty will be void for any 3rd party installation apart from PA's own. 

I doubt it is original as they deemed. Anyhow, warranty will be void for any 3rd party installation apart from PA's own. 

I think when they install the reverse cam, they will integrate and activate it within the MMI centre dash display.. meaning this MMI display + system may be voided of warranty when anything happens.

Actually for this B9 model, even if you don't have the Virtual cockpit, you can activate the centre digital display of your speedometer cluster to show your Apple Maps. While feasible, not sure if it's worth it since the display area so small  [laugh] There are more things hidden away by default which can be activated by a 3rd party installer like Elebest.

I think when they install the reverse cam, they will integrate and activate it within the MMI centre dash display.. meaning this MMI display + system may be voided of warranty when anything happens.

Actually for this B9 model, even if you don't have the Virtual cockpit, you can activate the centre digital display of your speedometer cluster to show your Apple Maps. While feasible, not sure if it's worth it since the display area so small [laugh] There are more things hidden away by default which can be activated by a 3rd party installer like Elebest.

From what I know, a separate module can be installed for the rev camera. In doing so, need not have to meddle with the original mmi. That's what an ICE installer told me.

From what I know, a separate module can be installed for the rev camera. In doing so, need not have to meddle with the original mmi. That's what an ICE installer told me.

What I mean is they gotta feed the rev. camera feed to MMI display screen, the moment they do it, is considered possible void of warranty by PA agent when something goes wrong. They confirm will use this to their advantage to shirk responsibility, even if it may not be related or inherent due to installation of rev. cam.

Unless you mean install a separate screen to output the rev. camera feed? 

What I mean is they gotta feed the rev. camera feed to MMI display screen, the moment they do it, is considered possible void of warranty by PA agent when something goes wrong. They confirm will use this to their advantage to shirk responsibility, even if it may not be related or inherent due to installation of rev. cam.

Agreed, as long as installed 3rd party RC, the MMI warranty will be voided.

No worth to save such small money. 

Edited by Jckok888

Again, as long as installed 3rd party RC, the MMI warranty will be voided.

No worth to save such small money. 

You are spot on as all AD will jump on any opportunities to void warranties even if the fault that came up subsequently had nothing to do or was clearly not cause by the previous external non-AD intervention.

And thats what is usually holding most owners back from upgrading those electronics :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Reverse cam & memory seat is minimum to be expected for a 'luxury' car.

Pretty disappointed that the A4 skipped on those.

Supersonic

It also depend on price. Other brand of luxury car can give memory seat and RC but selling more than 20k higher, will you buy?

Edited by Jckok888

MB C180 don't have memory seat for its base model also.. while costing significantly more.

Potential buyer for Audi A4, if buy Design trim (comes with memory seats) + option reverse camera or bargained for it at a subsidised cost, still much cheaper than the C180  [laugh]

in europe conti car also got fabric seat ... [laugh]

spore car is fcking ex is because of ARF and COE nothing to do with the car specs ... no choice but to cut option like memory seat and RC in order to maintain FAT margin until the model is dated and dealer wiling to cut margin and load up the car with many options

Edited by Wt_know

MB C180 don't have memory seat for its base model also.. while costing significantly more.

Potential buyer for Audi A4, if buy Design trim (comes with memory seats) + option reverse camera or bargained for it at a subsidised cost, still much cheaper than the C180  [laugh]

FYI, C180 base model now comes with memory seats (also for passenger side), which not only remembers your seat settings but also the side mirror and steering wheel positions. But of course, this is not the only reason why the C180 is more expensive than the A4 [;)] 

↡ Advertisement