2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

the sign is very clear ... PA want to sell sell sell

either the car/model is not selling or want to clear stock

COE drop $3k but price drop $7k. Sign of times to come?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Toyota,

Thanks for standing up and helping me to move on from this. I really appreciate it.

I also thank all the rest who decided to let things rest. I had already said many times that the things i said in the first post was not right and was only done in anger which was directed at the other driver.

Anyway, to those who still don't want to move on and are still bombarding me, well, all I can say is that there is nothing else I can do (can't even remove the post even if I wanted to). You call call me names and say negative things in your comments to me, I will just bear with it. I have said my piece and told my side of the story. Whether you want to continue to attack me is up to you.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this matter. Thanks.

Its okay, I stand by your post too. Some people are just too sensitive of the word "Smoked". A forum is a open place discussion cheers and enjoy the Quattro. :D

Edited by Melvyn_

Its okay, I stand by your post too. Some people are just too sensitive of the word "Smoked". A forum is a open place discussion cheers and enjoy the Quattro. :D

Hi Melvyn,

Thanks for the support. Appreicate it. I've been beating myself up over the last few days over what I had initially posted and am thankful that a number of you had decided to support me and help me move on. There are still others who are bashing me and sending me negative comments and saying nasty things but i guess i deserved it so i will just bear with it. Just hoping that this will blow over soon.  :a-bang:

Anyway, I am enjoying my Quattro and so are a few of my friends who are also driving the A4 Quattro as well. Its really comfortable yet safe especially in rainy weather. On long drives in Malaysia, you will really be able to enjoy the car. 

My gf's brother is also considering getting an A4 Quattro but my advice to him is that he should try out the new 190bhp A4 first before deciding because i agree with most of you that it is indeed a much better value proposition compared to the A4 Quattro. However, if he really likes the Quattro, he should go ahead and get it.

My humble suggestion for those considering the 190bhp A4 is to get the VC as well. Its really a nice feature and comes with Heads-up display, MMI Plus and a larger central console. You won't regret getting it. The graphics are amazing. Still puts a  whenever i start my car [laugh] . 

Perhaps someone who had already received delivery of their 190bhp A4 could give a review for the benefit of those that are considering the car? 

I am plucking up courage to try to contribute to this thread so I hope no one continues to bash me on this message because of my initial thoughtless post.  :ouch-it-hurts:

• Praise 3

Good day to all members of the AUDI family!

My family and I have decided to lock in the Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (without quattro) after falling in love with it over the weekends.

Details are as such:

$154500

1) Virtual Cockpit & Reverse Camera (not compulsory)

2) 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

3) 3 years servicing/45k

4) solar film

5) car mats

Let me know if anybody wants to know the quoted price before I asked for discount!

I would like to check on the COE bidding. Can I know what is the norm for the COE bidding process offered by AUDI? In my contract, it states non-guaranteed COE with 8 biddings and COE rebate at a low $20K (it was at $25K but the value was reduced after I asked for a discount, which I thought wouldn't materially affect much as the COE is now at about $39K (am i being too ignorant here?)). However, after having some afterthoughts and researching, I am abit concerned that I might be at the mercy of the AD as 8 bids can take up to 4 months and it is non-guaranteed. I am not in a hurry to get my new car (probably in end april) as I just wanted to secure the price and The SE said that 8 bids will usually be more than enough to secure the COE for my car. Can I ask if this is the norm for AUDI when you buy a new car from the AD? How long do my fellow AUDI family members take to get their car? Is the COE Rebate too low? I apologise if I am overthinking.

Also, is it a must to take up at least 50% loan? I was told that it is company policy to do so.

Lastly, I am a newbie as this is actually the first time that my family and I are buying a brand new car, let alone an AUDI, so I am grateful for any help/advice/guidance offered by my fellow AUDI family members. Thank you in advance.

On a side note, can I be added into the AUDI whatsapp group?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

• Praise 3

My family and I have decided to lock in the Audi A4 2.0 TFSI (without quattro) after falling in love with it over the weekends.

Details are as such:

$154500

3) 3 years servicing/45k

4) solar film

5) car mats

Let me know if anybody wants to know the quoted price before I asked for discount!

I would like to check on the COE bidding. Can I know what is the norm for the COE bidding process offered by AUDI? In my contract, it states non-guaranteed COE with 8 biddings and COE rebate at a low $20K (it was at $25K but the value was reduced after I asked for a discount, which I thought wouldn't materially affect much as the COE is now at about $39K (am i being too ignorant here?)). However, after having some afterthoughts and researching, I am abit concerned that I might be at the mercy of the AD as 8 bids can take up to 4 months and it is non-guaranteed. I am not in a hurry to get my new car (probably in end april) as I just wanted to secure the price and The SE said that 8 bids will usually be more than enough to secure the COE for my car. Can I ask if this is the norm for AUDI when you buy a new car from the AD? How long do my fellow AUDI family members take to get their car? Is the COE Rebate too low? I apologise if I am overthinking.

Also, is it a must to take up at least 50% loan? I was told that it is company policy to do so.

Lastly, I am a newbie as this is actually the first time that my family and I are buying a brand new car, let alone an AUDI, so I am grateful for any help/advice/guidance offered by my fellow AUDI family members. Thank you in advance.

Very good deal you have.

No need to worry about COE, consider it guaranteed. That's the advantage of buying luxury car - confirmed chop stamp will get your COE.

Details are as such:

$154500

3) 3 years servicing/45k

4) solar film

5) car mats

Congrats! This is an even better deal than SMS!

For the loan, I was told if take less than 50% loan, interest rate would be a lot higher. 

PA secured my coe at the first bid in the latest exercise. So I really think it shouldn't be a problem for you. 

based on lta jan 18 car cost ... a4 total cost about $125K

by selling $155k ... still can make $30K ....

this is a "smaller margin" compare to 3-series and c-class

audi a4 is perceived lower premium than bmw and merc in spore

i said perceived because that's sporen perception hor (some may not agree)

$30K +++ profit with all the loan interest and what's not (ie: if there is trade in car, another $10K+ profit to resell)

sure 1 shot 1 kill for coe ... no worries ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Details are as such:

$154500

3) 3 years servicing/45k

4) solar film

5) car mats

Hi... wat do u mean by not compulsory?

B8 1.8T with 300bhp? sure or not? The engine and front-wheel drive can handle it? Even VAG ony claims 205bhp for their 1.8 tuning. If 1.8T can tune to 300bhp then still need S4 or RS4 for what? Don't just hearsay and take it as the truth. No wonder the other day on the TPE, one aggressive 1.8T try to be funny with me. Purposely tailgate me for no reason even after I turn into the middle lane. Maybe he looking down on my B9 2.0 Quattro and its 252 bhp or perhaps he thought that mine is a zhng 1.4 B9. Anyway, when i spotted an opening, I just changed to sports mode and away I went. Can see him trying hard to catch up.....hahahaha!

If you are the driver of the 1.8T and reading this, wake up your bloody idea.......you think your 1.8T can fly ah? 300bhp is it? Don't have the goods then don't disturb other people. I feel embarassed for you....especially when my car started zooming

effortlessly

away from you. And you even cut in and out of other people's lane to try to catch up with me.....so dangerous. Did you even think you have a chance? Want to be funny, make sure you're driving something that can match or you'll just be embarassing yourself.

Anyway, its all the same, after a while no matter how manny bhp you have, it will not be enough. Like me, at the beginning, the 252bhp feels great and responsive, but after a while, I became used to it and am starting to crave for more power. Power is never enough! :p

The 190bhp engine is actually a good upgrade from the 1.4l and is quite worth it in terms of power and price. However, just don't expect it to have the performance of the 2.0 Quattro which cost an additional $80k (almost enough to buy another vios or mazda 3). Just test drive both and you'll see/feel the difference.

Kiang la. Happy not?

Car can pick up fast la. Happy not?

Ppl old car 1.8T nia la. Happy not?

Talk like sibei childish.

I would like to check on the COE bidding. Can I know what is the norm for the COE bidding process offered by AUDI? 

I was a bit apprehensive at first when the SE told me that my car with non guaranteed bid. She said the bid is almost  a guarantee eventhough they can't put in on contract. I got my COE in 1 bid this month and they actually bidded much higher than the actual COE, meaning they have margin to play with lah. Mine is not an A4 though.

On the need on 50% loan, they are pretty flexible on the quantum as long as you take some loan from their approved financier. They are less flexible on the insurance though. The AIG is a rip off.

Also, on trade in, they are also flexible, no penalty if you have no trade-in.

I think at the end, depends on which model you buy, they are probably less flexible on the entry model comparing to the quattros :)

Edited by benbean

wah so flexible ar ... good for buyers ...

anyway ... all AD like that la when they want to clear dated and outgoing models

buy buy buy ... mai tu liao [thumbsup]

I was a bit apprehensive at first when the SE told me that my car with non guaranteed bid. She said the bid is almost  a guarantee eventhough they can't put in on contract. I got my COE in 1 bid this month and they actually bidded much higher than the actual COE, meaning they have margin to play with lah. Mine is not an A4 though.

On the need on 50% loan, they are pretty flexible on the quantum as long as you take some loan from their approved financier. They are less flexible on the insurance though. The AIG is a rip off.

Also, on trade in, they are also flexible, no penalty if you have no trade-in.

I think at the end, depends on what model you buy, they are probably less flexible on the A3 comparing to the quattro models :)

Edited by Wt_know

wah so flexible ar ... good for buyers ...

anyway ... all AD like that la when they want to clear dated and outgoing models

buy buy buy ... mai tu liao [thumbsup]

Its all about business. As long as there's margin to be made, and the need to clear inventory, anything can be discussed.

They can be less flexible in low margin models though.

Just to clarify, (not being arrogant, need to explicitly state this first [laugh] ) but the A4 2.0 Quattro is indeed classified as a performance/sports sedan. Not I say one hor, the car reviews say one [laugh] .

https://www.cars.com/articles/luxury-sports-sedan-challenge-is-the-bmw-3-series-still-best-1420695984144/

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-audi-a4-vs-2016-bmw-3-series-which-is-better-255378

I think when people talk about bread and butter cars, they are usually refering to Toyota Altis, Honda Civic, Kia Cerato kind of cars which has less than 150bhp.

Even thought i am driving the A4 Quattro, when i see an S4 or RS4, i will also know my limits and not go disturb them. In this case, the 1.8T should know his limits and not come to purposely disturb me. But still, he did that. So I don't think its fair for you to say what you said about me. 

Anyway, i already said that it was not right of me to comment as i did in the first post and I am moving pass this already. Next time don't rant online. I get it! Can we just move pass it already?  :a-bang:

I have the B8 S4 and I can say the B9 2.0 Quattro (tested it) isn't too far off the pace at city speeds (didn't test it to that fast).

Tune it and you should be neck and neck or faster if the old car is badly maintained.

I have the B8 S4 and I can say the B9 2.0 Quattro (tested it) isn't too far off the pace at city speeds (didn't test it to that fast).

Tune it and you should be neck and neck or faster if the old car is badly maintained.

Hi Ake,

Wow, you have the B8 S4?  [thumbsup]  Must be fun to drive it! I haven't had the opportunity to test a S4 before but i'm sure its quite fun to drive it. I had actually tested my friend's B8 2.0 Quattro before getting my current car. I must say, there is actually a big difference in the 2 cars, both in terms of power and comfort, which convinced me to go ahead and get the new A4.

I haven't really thought about tuning my car cos the base bhp is enough for me. I don't usually drive that fast, probably between 80-100km/hrs. Only occasionally (like in the earlier unfortunate incident with the other car) I will push the car a bit but usually i will only drive a bit faster when in M'sia. What i enjoy more is the comfort of the car although its good to have the power when its needed.

Anyway, at the attractive price that the new 190bhp A4 is at, i'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more A4s on the streets soon! [:)]  

To jw_92, congrats on your new purchase. Good deal you got there. I'm sure you'll enjoy the car.

To Machunk28, I think what jw_92 meant by Virtual Cockpit & Reverse Camera (not compulsory) is that you can choose not to upgrade to have the VC and reverse camera. I think the 190bhp A4 does not come with VC and reverse camera. It is an upgradable option and you have to top up money for it. However, like I had said previously, the upgrade is well worth the money. If you are considering the A4, my advice is to top up and get it. Just a suggestion based on my own experience.  [;)] 

If you go for myaudiworld drive, you can test drive the cars they bring along and they let you drive at "faster" pace to feel the power of the car and stability at higher speed. The last one I went they brought the Q2 1.4, A5SB and A3 1.4.