2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Didn't ask the salesman about this. But I would be quite surprised if it is a typo error.

BTW, how's the steering feel? Can feel some weight or quite light?

After going thru’ my sales contract, it’s not typo. It’s indeed stated “Forged aluminum alloy wheels, 17J X 16, 5-arm design with 205/60 R16 tyres”.

I don’t quite remember. But I was told the steering adapts to the speed that the driver is going. There are some settings to configure how you want the steering to feel. It’s called “Electromechanical power steering”.

i am gobsmacked. thanks for this man!

first time i see factory forged rims for a non premium-tier model!

Let me try to get a snapshot up...

post-163344-0-73817700-1522061608_thumb.jpeg

The configurator on the Audi website also states forged aluminium alloy wheels

Is anyone collecting their new A3/A4 this week or next? Do verify and share if you can.

Edited by X5actor

After going thruâ my sales contract, itâs not typo. Itâs indeed stated âForged aluminum alloy wheels, 17J X 16, 5-arm design with 205/60 R16 tyresâ.

I donât quite remember. But I was told the steering adapts to the speed that the driver is going. There are some settings to configure how you want the steering to feel. Itâs called âElectromechanical power steeringâ.

Let me try to get a snapshot up...

BB35E460-4C86-416F-A09F-BBCA2F5F9A1F.jpeg

Is anyone collecting their new A3/A4 this week or next? Do verify and share if you can.

Quite certain it is 16 inch forged rims.

I tried the passat and superb, steering is very light at low speed. Wanted to try A4 but ran out of time that day.

Edited by Lotr

Quite certain it is 16 inch forged rims.

I tried the passat and superb, steering is very light at low speed. Wanted to try A4 but ran out of time that day.

If so, this then begs the next question:

Will the tires/wheels shop take in the stock forged rims at a higher price when you do a trade-in? Normally, these shops take in new stock rims at a very low price.

You should try the A4. I was totally smitten when I did, after I tried several other Conti brands. My family members who sat in the rear gave me the thumbs up too. Try it.

Just share my experience with my a4 which i collected last month. Driving with the 16" rims and 205/60 tyres is very comfortable and quiet. Steering feels like toy car, very light. Changed to 18" Enkei rs05rr with michelin ps4 245/40 tyres and now steering has better feel. Looks much better too. Still quite comfortable but slightly less quiet than the 16" rims and tyres.

Edited by TTT
  • Praise 6

Just share my experience with my a4 which i collected last month. Driving with the 16" rims and 205/60 tyres is very comfortable and quiet. Steering feels like toy car, very light. Changed to 18" Enkei rs05rr with michelin ps4 245/40 tyres and now steering has better feel. Looks much better too. Still quite comfortable but slightly less quiet than the 16" rims and tyres.

Appreciate your sharing:)

Mind revealing how long it took you to trade in the stock rims for the new ones and how much were the stock ones traded in for?

Thanks!

Edited by X5actor

So with virtual cockpit, believe will have to use the Audi MMI maps.

What is the price to update the map data usually? Any free update like at 1st servicing etc?

• Praise 1

What is the price to update the map data usually? Any free update like at 1st servicing etc?

6 free updates which are available every 6 months. Free to download online through the myAudi webpage. :)

• Praise 1

Appreciate your sharing:)

Mind revealing how long it took you to trade in the stock rims for the new ones and how much were the stock ones traded in for?

Thanks!

Within the first week. They can only sell the tyres cos almost new. Rims are worthless as noone wants 16" Audi rims..haha

the 16 " are indeed forged rims and are around 7+ kg each. Compared to the A3's 16 " rims, those are around 10kg each

• Praise 3

Not true, u still can use apple/andriod play - if u doesn't want to use Audi MMI Maps

• Praise 1

Within the first week. They can only sell the tyres cos almost new. Rims are worthless as noone wants 16" Audi rims..haha

So I guess I better make a decision soon. Thanks for sharing:)

the 16 " are indeed forged rims and are around 7+ kg each. Compared to the A3's 16 " rims, those are around 10kg each

Serious?! The A3 and A4 rims look the same to me. I was informed if a rim is “FORGED”, the word will be engraved on it, mostly at the inner portion of the rim.

The 16 is the bottom rim for the A4 and even the high end 19  inch ones on the S4 are cast. No way the 16 on a base A4 is forged.

The 16 is the bottom rim for the A4 and even the high end 19 inch ones on the S4 are cast. No way the 16 on a base A4 is forged.

Except in this case it's true

http://www.audi.com.sg/sg/web/en/models/a4/a4-avant.summary_layer_changeconfig.wheels.html

http://www.audi.com.sg/sg/web/en/models/a3/a3-sedan/exterior.html#layer=/sg/web/en/models/a3/a3-sedan.mediathek_infolayer.MRADC4E.html

• Praise 1

So I guess I better make a decision soon. Thanks for sharing:)

Serious?! The A3 and A4 rims look the same to me. I was informed if a rim is âFORGEDâ, the word will be engraved on it, mostly at the inner portion of the rim.

I'm not sure about the word forged. But I'm actually an A3 owner who changed my stock A3 rim to the A4 1 because it's forged. The workshop which switched weighted and indeed it is alot lighter

If you look at the 2nd link, the same 16' wheel is listed as cast.

I believe the 1st link is a bloody typo.

Really, forged wheels are rare as stock even for higher end (anything below say 911) manufacturers. Putting one on a base A4... is crazy!

Damn, my rims cost 11,593 (and not even flow formed, much less forged)... what a crazy mark up. Those go for like 1k usd used overseas or less.

Edited by Ake109

If you look at the 2nd link, the same 16' wheel is listed as cast.

I believe the 1st link is a bloody typo.

Really, forged wheels are rare as stock even for higher end (anything below say 911) manufacturers. Putting one on a base A4... is crazy!

Look carefully the 2 rims are different. I know cos I changed from the original A3 ones to the A4 16" and the weight diff is significant :)

Having said that, maybe it's really a typo, only PA or Audi knows. But the weight difference is real bro

And also, at 7+ kg for a 16", it's far from the best even if it's forged.

Edited by ziege

I'm not sure about the word forged. But I'm actually an A3 owner who changed my stock A3 rim to the A4 1 because it's forged. The workshop which switched weighted and indeed it is alot lighter

This is indeed great if it is true, though it is still unbelievable for me...hahaha

A little curious here, you actually changed the rims of your A3 using the A4 stock rims when both are 16-inch and have almost the exact same look? So you paid for the lesser in weight? Pardon my ignorance but I appreciate your sharing:)

Edited by X5actor
↡ Advertisement