2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Guess if one wants to enjoy a reduced excess, or u accepted the policy based on the known fact that u hv a cam installed in exchange for some policy benefit, they would hv a right to ask. U tink insurers give discount to benefit the insured or to benefit them?...LOL

I see ok ok ... I was informed by my SE that my UTR comes with a two-year warranty by PA. Not sure how is that relevant to the insurance coverage. Anyway, my excess is on the high side:( 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I see ok ok ... I was informed by my SE that my UTR comes with a two-year warranty by PA. Not sure how is that relevant to the insurance coverage. Anyway, my excess is on the high side:(

Nothing to do w warranty lah. Did u sign anything that allows for reduced excess?

The trunk opening is still a hit and miss, sometime one kick and it open and other times a few kick and it still does not open.  [smallcry]

Today, suddenly the car cannot detect the car key remote signal even though I was sitting in the car with the key in my side pocket. I have to take out the key before the car can start.

The navigation system of the MMI is not very friendly unless you have store all the previous GPS number for that destination. When I try to input a new GPS location, I find it hard to type or using the speller as one wrong move, its goes back to the start and all previous typing being erase. [bigcry]

In our A4 group chat, there are a few ways to get it right all the time. Some usually kick off centre from the boot, usually under the "S" if we have 4 digit number plates. I have gotten it right all the time since then.

Try changing a new button battery. Replacing it costs less than $1.50 outside. If problem still persists, report to PA. Might be a faulty key.

Navigation is actually easy to use. It's the 2nd easiest navigation system behind iDrive. GPS location as in by postal code or searching for points of interest? If yours is the VC, as long as you swipe from right to left once on the touch scroll button, it will delete the previous letter. I think your SE didn't not properly teach you how the MMI system works  [rolleyes]

In our A4 group chat, there are a few ways to get it right all the time. Some usually kick off centre from the boot, usually under the "S" if we have 4 digit number plates. I have gotten it right all the time since then.

Try changing a new button battery. Replacing it costs less than $1.50 outside. If problem still persists, report to PA. Might be a faulty key.

Navigation is actually easy to use. It's the 2nd easiest navigation system behind iDrive. GPS location as in by postal code or searching for points of interest? If yours is the VC, as long as you swipe from right to left once on the touch scroll button, it will delete the previous letter. I think your SE didn't not properly teach you how the MMI system works  [rolleyes]

Thanks. 

Noted. Will see any repeat of the problem.

I type in the postal code but the MMI could not find it. (I have to type in the whole address). In the end, I use Iphone google map. She just goes through the basic but then I also cannot remember all of the information given to me.

• Praise 1

I see ok ok ... I was informed by my SE that my UTR comes with a two-year warranty by PA. Not sure how is that relevant to the insurance coverage. Anyway, my excess is on the high side:(

Hi excess, low premium?

Thanks. 

Noted. Will see any repeat of the problem.

I type in the postal code but the MMI could not find it. (I have to type in the whole address). In the end, I use Iphone google map. She just goes through the basic but then I also cannot remember all of the information given to me.

Entering Postal Code is not under the main address search, it's under one of the sub-menus of it. (Press the left button in the main Navigation page and you can key the postal code under "Enter Address" IIRC)

Edit: I really think SE did not run through the entire car with you properly. Quite bad as it's one of the basic fundamentals that they should have taught you

Edited by BlueSwifts
  • Praise 1

Entering Postal Code is not under the main address search, it's under one of the sub-menus of it. (Press the left button in the main Navigation page and you can key the postal code under "Enter Address" IIRC)

Edit: I really think SE did not run through the entire car with you properly. Quite bad as it's one of the basic fundamentals that they should have taught you

Thanks. I go and try it out later.

For car loans they don't calculate interest on reducing balance of principal year on year. So if loan is 100k at 2.5% interest, it is 2,500 x 7 years. So total will be 117,500 divided by 84 months which brings you your monthly instalment.

However, for loans such as housing loan, they calculate interest based on outstanding principal remaining which will reduce year-on-year. So actually your interest per year should reduce, instead of 2,500 per year as above. Therefore, car loans effective interest rate is higher which could be the 4.5% you see above.

It is the same across all car loans so its industry practice.

And in the monthly payment, a large proportion of it goes to paying off interest first and principal reduction is very little.

So if one choose to fully redeem the loan after a few years, the principal amount is still high.

How is having the UTR relevant to the insurance premium? Means the UTR is not covered in the insurance?

Check attached image from the brochure.

You don’t get excess waiver for having the camera. You get it if you share the video.

post-212628-0-82090900-1524747015_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

And in the monthly payment, a large proportion of it goes to paying off interest first and principal reduction is very little.

So if one choose to fully redeem the loan after a few years, the principal amount is still high.

So, to cover their profits the bank will charge you 20% surcharge on the remaining interest amount in such a car loan.

Such loans seem unique to Singapore. At most places, strong consumer protection ensures companies don’t fool us like this.

So, to cover their profits the bank will charge you 20% surcharge on the remaining interest amount in such a car loan.

Such loans seem unique to Singapore. At most places, strong consumer protection ensures companies don’t fool us like this.

Whoa, didn't realise there is a 20% surcharge if one is to pay the full amount before the loan term end.

Next time, I will buy car only if they allow full payment or else rather buy another brand of car. 

Thanks for the information.

Hi, is it normal that i cant open the boot when car is locked? I had my key with me but the boot refuses to open. So had to unlock car or press boot release button on the key to open boot.

Hi, is it normal that i cant open the boot when car is locked? I had my key with me but the boot refuses to open. So had to unlock car or press boot release button on the key to open boot.

Do you mean using the leg-sensor boot unlock? If it is, no it is NOT normal. The boot should unlock even with the car doors locked. I think it's a matter of practice and most of us had this issue initially. Read the more recent earlier pages of this thread and you should learn a trick or two:) 

I try later let you know k:)

I just tried to open the boot as you described; car remained locked. My key was in my pocket. And it opened. Is there any configuration u need to do?
↡ Advertisement