2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

7 minutes ago, andersseanx said:

oh com'on, C&C is not the only place u can get a Mercs.

go PI ... no AMG line no talk ...

C&C $160K ($5K credits) ... PI should be selling at $140K?

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

13 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

go PI ... no AMG line no talk ...

C&C $160K ($5K credits) ... PI should be selling at $140K?

PI AMG Premum Plus below 158k

AD AMG Line only - 168K

waste time going AD + no rear Aircon.

i mean i am not trying to trash any Audi lovers here.. Audi is good. Drive quality much better but i only hope they can stop ripping consumers by charging extra for basic features. Safety technologies are considered basic features these days especially in Singapore. Alot of crazy drivers recently. The anti collision really can help alot. Their cars already not cheap to begin with. Bundling them together wouldn't hurt.

Edited by andersseanx

51 minutes ago, andersseanx said:

AD AMG Line only - 168K

i mean i am not trying to trash any Audi lovers here.. Audi is good. Drive quality much better but i only hope they can stop ripping consumers by charging extra for basic features. Safety technologies are considered basic features these days especially in Singapore. Alot of crazy drivers recently. The anti collision really can help alot. Their cars already not cheap to begin with. Bundling them together wouldn't hurt.

These features may not be important to our local drivers.. 

In any case, the prices posted on MCF aren't the final price you get from any dealer. So the comparisons are a little artificial.

Both companies practise the dark art of overtrades and discounts..

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Koster said:

Seems like there's hardly any PI audi. Is it becos they cant compete pricing with PA?

More like no one bothers with audi, people who go PI will buy mercs/bmw or other premium conti makes. 

A3 is a bare bone entry level conti car, same as the mercs A/C class. 

13 hours ago, ferrytales said:

More like no one bothers with audi, people who go PI will buy mercs/bmw or other premium conti makes. 

A3 is a bare bone entry level conti car, same as the mercs A/C class. 

FYI... Merc previous A class has more safety features than the A4... of coz.. Audi drive much better and much bigger space and much better FC.. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, andersseanx said:

I dont think is a fair comparison.

A200 comes with alot of technology. A4 comes bare until u optional. Safety features technology these days alot giving as standard but Audi is charging u an arm or a leg for it. Totally ridiculous.

Dont blame me if i am wrong. Was looking at the audi during the vivo show, the person told me dont have safety technology need to top up.

On top of that, 150k is amg line for a200 btw.

If u go for sport or what 130k can get.

Bro, A Class is like the bottom of the barrel, they are the lowest life-form in the Mercedes food-chain, their customers are treated similarly. 

A200 is using a Renault developed engine and uses a simple cheap torsion beam rear suspension which Toyota just abandoned for higher performing multi-link even in BnB Corolla. You get your multiple dazzling LCD screens, but the fundamentals of the vehicle is designed to be low-cost and target the wannabes who want the badge.

A4 is mid-range, prestige and the quality of engineering going in is very different. Size, space and presence are 2 class higher.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, andersseanx said:

AD AMG Line only - 168K

I think that is the direction of PA. Sell you a car with basic features, and if you want more, add on at a price. That’s why they can keep the price so low compared to Merc and BMW. For e.g., the A4 can be obtained for less than 150k, compared to the much higher prices of the C class and 3 series.

It becomes more relevant cos people can then add what they want, instead of paying for features they don’t need. If they really want it, they will add. The total price after the add ons will then be the correct comparison with the other makes for decision making.

To me, I’ve driven 16 years without the elaborate safety features and so I don’t think it is that necessary. More of a good to have rather than a must have. Just reverse cam for parking is good enough for me. If I am the customer, I will gladly get the car at a much cheaper price.

1 hour ago, Midorima said:

I think that is the direction of PA. Sell you a car with basic features, and if you want more, add on at a price. That’s why they can keep the price so low compared to Merc and BMW. For e.g., the A4 can be obtained for less than 150k, compared to the much higher prices of the C class and 3 series.

It becomes more relevant cos people can then add what they want, instead of paying for features they don’t need. If they really want it, they will add. The total price after the add ons will then be the correct comparison with the other makes for decision making.

To me, I’ve driven 16 years without the elaborate safety features and so I don’t think it is that necessary. More of a good to have rather than a must have. Just reverse cam for parking is good enough for me. If I am the customer, I will gladly get the car at a much cheaper price.

If your addons are cheap, sure i agree. Their addons are far from cheap. If i add up it is going to be a more expensive ride than the rest. 

Glad that you have great road safety. However i have seen cars without anti collison gets kiss from behind and went to kiss the guy infront whereas one with it avoid by slamming the brake on your behalf. While so far i have been driving carefully but these days u see many rich arse buy big cars but drive worst than a p plate, i rather be safe than sorry. When a car kiss u from the back, it is impossible for one to not release the brake (due to impact). I could visualize it and feel that anti collision is a must have feature.

That's for me though. Great that your driving allows u to save some money but i rather be safe than sorry. 

Edited by andersseanx

19 hours ago, therock said:

These features may not be important to our local drivers.. 

In any case, the prices posted on MCF aren't the final price you get from any dealer. So the comparisons are a little artificial.

Both companies practise the dark art of overtrades and discounts..

Nice.!

4 hours ago, Hutan said:

FYI... Merc previous A class has more safety features than the A4... of coz.. Audi drive much better and much bigger space and much better FC.. 

I agree to this that's why i am shortlisting it until i realize they dont have what i want until u addon.. 

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Bro, A Class is like the bottom of the barrel, they are the lowest life-form in the Mercedes food-chain, their customers are treated similarly. 

A200 is using a Renault developed engine and uses a simple cheap torsion beam rear suspension which Toyota just abandoned for higher performing multi-link even in BnB Corolla. You get your multiple dazzling LCD screens, but the fundamentals of the vehicle is designed to be low-cost and target the wannabes who want the badge.

A4 is mid-range, prestige and the quality of engineering going in is very different. Size, space and presence are 2 class higher.

And the A3 (if you are comparing it) - is on 3 cylinder.. is that better than renault?

I tried to customize this A3 (yeah an A3) -  and the price i got..  sad.

image.png.c46ae701b5fecb6f691790c15848c61c.png

Edited by andersseanx

19 hours ago, Koster said:

Seems like there's hardly any PI audi. Is it becos they cant compete pricing with PA?

B&B cars no need PI la. You got see Toyota Altis PI version?

11 hours ago, andersseanx said:

And the A3 (if you are comparing it) - is on 3 cylinder.. is that better than renault?

I tried to customize this A3 (yeah an A3) -  and the price i got..  sad.

image.png.c46ae701b5fecb6f691790c15848c61c.png

The A3 usually goes for around 110-115k. With the add ons will be around 140k. Is it ok for you?

Audi list price isn’t what the car is going for usually. Like the A4 goes for 140k+, and the A5 around 165-170k.

And about your point about the anti collision, I think you have reinforced the point that it is more bespoke to individuals. You can add on if you want. For others who don’t need, they don’t pay for it. Win win. That’s what Audi is trying to do.

Edited by Midorima

22 hours ago, Kley8588 said:

Hello, am new here. Just bought my Audi A4 this week. Is there any whatsapp group to be poisoned here? 🤣

Keen to be in the WhatsApp group too. 😁

On 12/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, andersseanx said:

I dont think is a fair comparison.

A200 comes with alot of technology. A4 comes bare until u optional. Safety features technology these days alot giving as standard but Audi is charging u an arm or a leg for it. Totally ridiculous.

Dont blame me if i am wrong. Was looking at the audi during the vivo show, the person told me dont have safety technology need to top up.

On top of that, 150k is amg line for a200 btw.

If u go for sport or what 130k can get.

I’m comparing performance aspect, fair comparision would be A4 vs C200 vs bmw 3 series, volvo S60 t4. i wouldnt say A4 come bare, still come with 6 airbags. Additional is an option, but that eliminates driving pleasure with all these technology. 

↡ Advertisement