2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

actually, for the A4, it's well spec, just dont have electric tailgate, memory seats (ya wtf with this) and some other bells and whistles.. everything else such as carplay, VC.. all inside liao cos its an old model..

considered the Q3 but jeez it uses the old 1.4T which while decent, is still damn old and cheap which is reflected in the omv.... also, its a jacked up A3 so i really dont understand the fuss... wife loved it though but not for me.

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, therock said:

I think the design is evergreen. Suitable for those who still prefer a sedan instead of rushing to SUVs. The cabin is quiet and well built. And they will appeal to those who want a premium automobile brand at a lower cost than Merc and BMW. A new 3 series is almost 200k!
But they really need to improve their feature list. Of course you can say, they aren't a must.

But it's odd when a high end sedan doesn't have things that even a Mazda 3 offers.. 

I think it may have to do with the year the car is launched. Thus, that's y fanciful things like wireless charging, HUD etc are things that is considered an option and not factory default.

42 minutes ago, joshua182 said:

actually, for the A4, it's well spec, just dont have electric tailgate, memory seats (ya wtf with this) and some other bells and whistles.. everything else such as carplay, VC.. all inside liao cos its an old model..

considered the Q3 but jeez it uses the old 1.4T which while decent, is still damn old and cheap which is reflected in the omv.... also, its a jacked up A3 so i really dont understand the fuss... wife loved it though but not for me. 

Same here... I can't accept the previous gen interior of the A3. It looks like buying a COE car for the interior.

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

but the brand itself offers more than what the mazda brand can offer. drive an audi/merc/bmw and people will go wow as compared to even if you drive a mazda 6. 

thats why ppl spend 120k to buy a basic gla180 or a180 while 120k can also buy you a feature packed camry/mazda 6/civic 1.5t. 

harsh reality and good for brand whores.  

I don't think u can get a camry at 120K. 

I've test driven the mazda 6 2L and the drive is sluggish, insulation is bad and it drinks! The drive is a world of a difference to the GLA.

The civic 1.5 is perhaps the pick for me.

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

but the brand itself offers more than what the mazda brand can offer. drive an audi/merc/bmw and people will go wow as compared to even if you drive a mazda 6. 

thats why ppl spend 120k to buy a basic gla180 or a180 while 120k can also buy you a feature packed camry/mazda 6/civic 1.5t. 

harsh reality and good for brand whores. 

i'll like to think in terms of safety conti cars are better

1 hour ago, jk228b said:

why so when kimchi/jappie can also get 5 star safety as conti cars. just because the metal used is heavier and feels more sturdy?

29 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

why so when kimchi/jappie can also get 5 star safety as conti cars. just because the metal used is heavier and feels more sturdy?

personal experience...my old merc got kissed 3 times from the back(yes so heng)...only once it had a minor dent...

didn't really feel much in the car....once my heavily pregnant wife was in the car...phew...all was fine..

2 hours ago, jk228b said:

In general, a full featured conti car might be, but does the A4 have the active safety features?
I know the airbags are present, what about the rest?

Upgraded to 19”. Stock suspension. Lighter Flow-formed wheels With 245/35/19 with wheels offset +38 (factory spec is +40). Move off feels lighter and accelerate when in motion also feels more hurried. 

DA0648CA-19A1-4F6A-9B02-24886A849A8D.jpeg

• Praise 5

23 hours ago, Wishnl said:

Nope. 😞

Am i supposed to get one?

Front/back cams and solar films are always thrown in. Dont be shy to ask for them. 

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, Rickster said:

Congrats! nice car. I'm eyeing the A4..That's y checking out on the fuel consumption as I do around 2500 KM per month.

Thanks! i think at most 11km/L only. on 19" sport rim.

Neutral Newbie

sorry for asking so many questions? hehe

can the side mirror fold automatic when you lock the door? Is there a way to do it in the setting or do you need to pay to get it set in the MMI setting?

thanks 

On 3/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, SZ_ford said:

bro can know which bbs rim are u using? was the difference drastic compared to before u changed them?

Er, forget the BBS model rim but it is the forge rim. I can feel the different because the original rim is smaller and the tire is thicker therefore more comfy over hump and lower road noise.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:43 PM, Wishnl said:

8 to 9km/L sound bad, heavy foot?

Travel mostly short distance and rarely on the express way. If on express way, the car computer will show it can hit 15km/l on efficient mode. But I am using dynamic mode so long term average of consumption is much lower.

6 hours ago, Wishnl said:

sorry for asking so many questions? hehe

can the side mirror fold automatic when you lock the door? Is there a way to do it in the setting or do you need to pay to get it set in the MMI setting?

thanks 

My A4 when use the key to lock the door, the side mirror is folding by itself.

Between a Volvo S60 and the A4. One fully loaded with safety feature, versus a bare metal stripped of any safety features, and not even a memory seat,  but carries  the German badge. 

Which will you chose?

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Htancl said:

Between a Volvo S60 and the A4. One fully loaded with safety feature, versus a bare metal stripped of any safety features, and not even a memory seat,  but carries  the German badge. 

Which will you chose?

The volvo looks nicer, is safer and better to sit in. Just more comfortable all around. More tech and alot of safety features that are actually useful. The audi has better fuel consumption, is cheaper to maintain and has a longer warranty. The s60, s90 etc are great cars, a real home run for volvo but we are starting to see some real reliability issues cropping up. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Htancl said:

Which will you chose?

2l turbo, great interior and the four rings... only you can tell if that makes up for a car with very little features.. 

Bear in the mind the Volvo does not keep its value too well, and it's more expensive to service. The interior is also smaller and the plastics are less impressive. The A4 is made in German. The gearbox also responds better than in the Volvo..

↡ Advertisement