2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

9 hours ago, Htancl said:

Between a Volvo S60 and the A4. One fully loaded with safety feature, versus a bare metal stripped of any safety features, and not even a memory seat,  but carries  the German badge. 

Which will you chose?

In terms of badge perception, it's always; Mercedes, BMW and Audi

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, therock said:

2l turbo, great interior and the four rings... only you can tell if that makes up for a car with very little features.. 

Bear in the mind the Volvo does not keep its value too well, and it's more expensive to service. The interior is also smaller and the plastics are less impressive. The A4 is made in German. The gearbox also responds better than in the Volvo..

Not sure about the reliability issue of the new S60 but I find the rear has better legroom and more comfortable seats than the A4. For gearbox, It's on 8 speed versus the 7speed on A4. 

I heard that Volvo are expensive to maintain and only come with 3yrs warranty. 

There is actually no clear winner here. 

Edited by Htancl

Unless you frequently exceed the speed limit, eight speeds isn’t superior.. interesting that you feel the S60 is more roomy..

what are the prices you were quoted?

22 minutes ago, therock said:

Unless you frequently exceed the speed limit, eight speeds isn’t superior.. interesting that you feel the S60 is more roomy..

what are the prices you were quoted?

$145k some weeks back. A4 is cheaper as PA is clearing stock. 

Maybe should wait for the new A4 then decide 

8 minutes ago, Htancl said:

$145k some weeks back. A4 is cheaper as PA is clearing stock. 

Maybe should wait for the new A4 then decide 

145k for the A4, so how much for the Volvo? I don't think the new A4 will be cheaper.. 

You have to compare the OMV of these two cars and also the C180 as a comparison..

17 minutes ago, therock said:

145k for the A4, so how much for the Volvo? I don't think the new A4 will be cheaper.. 

You have to compare the OMV of these two cars and also the C180 as a comparison..

$145k for the S60. PA is clearing stock for the A4 at the moment @$139k. But as mentioned it’s a almost bare Metal basic car. 

27 minutes ago, therock said:

Whatever it is, pl dont get the C160. It is joke.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Koster said:

What is wrong with the c160? I didn't test drive it but was told u can get it for 160k plus. Decent price I tot. 

16 minutes ago, Koster said:

It depends on whether you want features / power.

The A4 has the best engine and probably build quality. The C Class has the best feature list, and arguably, the nicest badge. It is also the safest, and cuts through with the lowest CD. 

Road tax will also be lower. So YMMV...

If you are looking at the A4, also look at the Superb, and the VW Passat.. you lose the badge, but the feature list is far more impressive.

• Praise 2

On 3/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, joshua182 said:

actually, for the A4, it's well spec, just dont have electric tailgate, memory seats (ya wtf with this) and some other bells and whistles.. everything else such as carplay, VC.. all inside liao cos its an old model..

considered the Q3 but jeez it uses the old 1.4T which while decent, is still damn old and cheap which is reflected in the omv.... also, its a jacked up A3 so i really dont understand the fuss... wife loved it though but not for me.

to me well specced means memory seat at least

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Htancl said:

Between a Volvo S60 and the A4. One fully loaded with safety feature, versus a bare metal stripped of any safety features, and not even a memory seat,  but carries  the German badge. 

Which will you chose?

S60 T4 momentum and A4, what's the price difference?

47 minutes ago, Htancl said:

$145k for the S60. PA is clearing stock for the A4 at the moment @$139k. But as mentioned it’s a almost bare Metal basic car. 

S60 @ $145k is interesting... brand new or event car? what's the catch?

8 hours ago, joshua182 said:

The volvo looks nicer, is safer and better to sit in. Just more comfortable all around. More tech and alot of safety features that are actually useful. The audi has better fuel consumption, is cheaper to maintain and has a longer warranty. The s60, s90 etc are great cars, a real home run for volvo but we are starting to see some real reliability issues cropping up. 

what reliability issues? care to share more?

57 minutes ago, Htancl said:

Is it T4 momentum? If so I don’t even think it has a reverse cam and you need to add it?

I’ve test driven the S60 and A4. S60’s drive pales in comparison. FC is not good. The infotainment can be hard to use. For eg, to off the stop start you need to press a few times before reaching the option.

True that it has adaptive cruise control, lane keep etc. But how often do you use it vs normal driving? Also, I felt that the steering was light and feedback wasn’t great. Those additional features r great but the most impt in the end is the comfort, drive, and ease of use on a daily basis.

If you have test driven both then you should be able to feel the difference.

By the way the new A4 coming will be tuned down to 150bhp. Price might be close but power less. 

Edited by Midorima

Haha never thought we’d be comparing volvo to audi! Its always been merc vs bmw vs audi right! looks like volvos doing it right! The cruise control and pilot mode are actually very usable and fun haha. But yeah, the audi just seems more suitable for spirited driving though the volvo does have the century sprint a little better

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Midorima said:

Is it T4 momentum? If so I don’t even think it has a reverse cam and you need to add it?

I’ve test driven the S60 and A4. S60’s drive pales in comparison. FC is not good. The infotainment can be hard to use. For eg, to off the stop start you need to press a few times before reaching the option.

True that it has adaptive cruise control, lane keep etc. But how often do you use it vs normal driving? Also, I felt that the steering was light and feedback wasn’t great. Those additional features r great but the most impt in the end is the comfort, drive, and ease of use on a daily basis.

If you have test driven both then you should be able to feel the difference.

By the way the new A4 coming will be tuned down to 150bhp. Price might be close but power less. 

Yea. Imho Volvo's drive is like jap car. Its lovely in & out if u dont mind the drive. For those who have driven Merc, BM, Audi, you will prob never get  Volvo.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, mel1888 said:

Yea. Imho Volvo's drive is like jap car. Its lovely in & out if u dont mind the drive. For those who have driven Merc, BM, Audi, you will prob never get  Volvo.

How does Jap drive like?
How does Audi drive like? Is there a difference btw fwd and Quattro?

↡ Advertisement