2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

(edited)

$1K can tune up +100bhp & +100Nm?

that's super value for money in terms of $/bhp and $/Nm lol

seems like premium brand (Audi/Porsche) under VAG are milking the legendary VW 2.0 TFSI 250bhp/370Nm engine [thumbsup] 

2020-07-07_163708.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
On 7/7/2020 at 4:23 PM, Lotr said:

Got memory seats now but the rims are not the ones in the blue car in the video

Still no reverse camera?

• Haha! 1

On 7/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, Wt_know said:

$1K can tune up +100bhp & +100Nm?

that's super value for money in terms of $/bhp and $/Nm lol

seems like premium brand (Audi/Porsche) under VAG are milking the legendary VW 2.0 TFSI 250bhp/370Nm engine [thumbsup] 

2020-07-07_163708.jpg

i believ enot thru pure tuning, u need to change / add parts to get that horses.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

The 19" rims on the blue car is an extra $5.5k...!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Soya said:

go aftermarket! lol

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Soya said:

very likely just normal cast rims haha

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Soya said:

AD's pricing for their accessories is like this. Maybe use factory price as "omv" then add their own "custom, ARF, gst" to get the selling price. Lol

You can get a set of iconic 18" BBS LM Wheels - 2-Piece Die Forged Aluminum, for $5.2k

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, F430 said:

You can get a set of iconic 18" BBS LM Wheels - 2-Piece Die Forged Aluminum, for $5.2k

BBS LM ... classic ... 

1 hour ago, mercedesaudi said:

I just booked the new 2020 A4.

Looking to change to 18" rims. any recommendations of shops and tires? 

Thanks

wild guesses ...

change from mercedes to audi  OR own mercedes and just bought audi

anyway ... congrats ...

btw ... does it come with built-in reverse camera?

(edited)
2 hours ago, mercedesaudi said:

I just booked the new 2020 A4.

Looking to change to 18" rims. any recommendations of shops and tires? 

Thanks

Which variant? Price?

Can go Leong Seng Tyres shopping.

Edited by F430

On the surface, it appears to be able to remap to gain that power for the low horse 2.0L. But in engineering, there is more than just a sofware remap. Let me share with you, the low powered 1.0 tsi relative to high power 1.0 tsi unit, certain parts are different that many tuners often overlooked, more to the aspect of subtle hardware differences such as may be liquid filled valve, turbocharger, forged piston. 

The differences are to ensure longevity of the engine to last its intent lifetime operation of the car. Key question is, do will most owners see that?

(edited)

Which trim has memory seats? The online specs sheet for the most basic model doesn't appear to indicate memory seats and I would be very surprised if PA did for the entry-level A4. They have tended to keep it barebones to maintain the low selling price, and memory seats would drive up the price. Even the A5 didn't use to have memory seats until the most recent model. 

The new A4 with 190bhp also makes the new A5 (which is more expensive) seem out of place with just 150bhp. 

Edited by littlecar

12 minutes ago, littlecar said:

Which trim has memory seats? The online specs sheet for the most basic model doesn't appear to indicate memory seats and I would be very surprised if PA did for the entry-level A4. They have tended to keep it barebones to maintain the low selling price, and memory seats would drive up the price. Even the A5 didn't use to have memory seats until the most recent model. 

The new A4 with 190bhp also makes the new A5 (which is more expensive) seem out of place with just 150bhp. 

memory seats are standard, if I understood the launch video correctly.

A4 also comes with 150bhp and 190bhp versions and I would think the launch price of $160k is for the 150bhp version

Watch the launch video.

6 minutes ago, Lotr said:

memory seats are standard, if I understood the launch video correctly.

A4 also comes with 150bhp and 190bhp versions and I would think the launch price of $160k is for the 150bhp version

Watch the launch video.

Thanks. I just watched the launch video. You are right - the entry level A4 comes with 150bhp, and it's the higher trim (non-quattro) that comes with 190bhp. That makes a lot more sense.

As for the memory seats, the video features the higher trim (190bhp) model, so it's not clear whether the memory seats comes with the 150bhp model as well. It would be good if it does, as many lower-end brands, eg, Kia, already come with memory seats. The launch price of $159,000, is also more than $10k above what the outgoing pre-facelift model was selling, so they should offer more.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, littlecar said:

Thanks. I just watched the launch video. You are right - the entry level A4 comes with 150bhp, and it's the higher trim (non-quattro) that comes with 190bhp. That makes a lot more sense.

As for the memory seats, the video features the higher trim (190bhp) model, so it's not clear whether the memory seats comes with the 150bhp model as well. It would be good if it does, as many lower-end brands, eg, Kia, already come with memory seats. The launch price of $159,000, is also more than $10k above what the outgoing pre-facelift model was selling, so they should offer more.

Actually why don’t you surf the sgcarmart website and see the brochure? You will have your answer there. (Spoiler: yes memory seat is standard).

Those spec sheets are updated so usually they are right. 

Edited by Midorima
↡ Advertisement