2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Off topic but wondering if Audi on demand will bring in the new A4 into their rental fleet to replace the outgoing A4? Give pple chance to rent Audi A4 for pple like me who can’t afford to buy one 

↡ Advertisement

hi guys, I just took over a A4B9 that came with original Audi 19" rims. Need to replace my tyres.

Any recommendations for good tyre shops and tyres?

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Qevyn said:

hi guys, I just took over a A4B9 that came with original Audi 19" rims. Need to replace my tyres.

Any recommendations for good tyre shops and tyres?

Michelin PS4

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

GY AS5? 

I think current prices very reasonable. 

I saw pretty good reviews for this. Prob look around. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros/Sis, 

May I know if there are any major issues with the A4s from year 2017 to 2018? I believe could be the 1.4 or 2.0 engine

Maintenence cost compared to C180? 

Thanks for helping. 

Neutral Newbie

Guys, why the new A4 mild hybrid listed at 2.0 turbo.. output figures so low? 148BHP 270NM.

A 1.4 or 1.5 turbo (non mild hybrid) can make those figures nowadays.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, Fastball said:

Guys, why the new A4 mild hybrid listed at 2.0 turbo.. output figures so low? 148BHP 270NM.

A 1.4 or 1.5 turbo (non mild hybrid) can make those figures nowadays.

Keep cost down to offer more competitive pricing? There is 190bhp version too, but cost more naturally

Neutral Newbie
11 hours ago, Lotr said:

Keep cost down to offer more competitive pricing? There is 190bhp version too, but cost more naturally

I was told $147K before the recent coe bid for this base model with low output figures. 

What I'm curious is the technology behind, I had the 1st Gen B9 A4 with 1.4T (150BHP 250NM) before. Normally most 2L NA out there already making 135-145 BHP.. this one has electric motor + turbocharger but only combined to give 148BHP.

47 minutes ago, Fastball said:

I was told $147K before the recent coe bid for this base model with low output figures. 

What I'm curious is the technology behind, I had the 1st Gen B9 A4 with 1.4T (150BHP 250NM) before. Normally most 2L NA out there already making 135-145 BHP.. this one has electric motor + turbocharger but only combined to give 148BHP.

I think it is all about cost and profit. 

Want 190bhp, just top up

Otherwise, just settle for 150bhp, and can still get the badge and build quality.

Understand that the motor is supposed to help with the speed pickup, but dunno about real world performance, might be very good for city driving.

At least, now all trim levels can get memory seats, Iirc.

The new A5 base trim also comes with the 150bhp outpu, btw

Twincharged
5 hours ago, Fastball said:

All for the sake of emission in Europe. All engines with mild hybrid and detuned. Else Kenna fined by EU! 

17 hours ago, Melody288 said:

Any one book the new A4? Can share how much is the OMV. 

Screenshot_2020-08-22-15-11-22-84.jpg

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 09.25.36.png

Seems higher than the outgoing model, presumably due to the hybrid system.  Not sure if it is for the 150bhp, 190bhp or average value

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 1

just get the outgoing model la.. 188 and over 300nm of tork.. PA finally realize their sub 150k exec sedan too OP vs the C180/CLA/BMW318 etc so decide to level the playing field aka bring down the specs and raise the price... lol..

Neutral Newbie
On 8/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, zhixian80 said:

Hi Bros/Sis, 

May I know if there are any major issues with the A4s from year 2017 to 2018? I believe could be the 1.4 or 2.0 engine

Maintenence cost compared to C180? 

Thanks for helping. 

2017 1.4l A4 owner here.

No issue at all with the engine.

Neutral Newbie

Hi there. Was told its 33k.

Edit: was replying to the OMV question.

Edited by MrGT
  • Praise 1

For new A4 selling at $147k now (OMV $32-33k). I was told if buy at this price, it doesn't come with free svc, solar film and car cam. So need to bargain for freebies with your SE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1