2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

In the first place I never said you're wrong.

Then you asked me if you're wrong.

Which I then replied with even if I said you're wrong you'd still think you're not wrong - and that by the way was a hypothetical premise.. the word IF that I used.

It turned out that my hypothetical premise was right, going by the long essay you've written to justify yourself, which I admit that I did not fully read (because I don't see a need to)

So if you'd realised by now, I have never said you're wrong, nor implied in any way you're wrong.

I just made a (casual) comment about what you did, but you keep thinking I'm saying you're wrong and asking me to prove your conjecture right.. and that doesn't make sense to me.

Your comment "even if I said you're wrong you'd still think you're not wrong" seemed to imply that what i did was wrong. That was why I decided to seek clarification. 

​So you agree that I'm not wrong. Good. Then why continue to comment "It turned out that my hypothetical premise was right, going by the long essay you've written to justify yourself". 

I don't go around "smoking" every car i see for no reason. Only when people try to be funny with me. I'm sure most would have reacted the same as me. He was not satisifed even after I had given way to him and from his face so dangerously close in the rerview mirror, i can tell that his intention was to provoke me. In such a situation, even if i had continued to give way to him by turning to the next lane, he would have followed me. So the next best thing to do was to just move off. 

After reading through my first post again, it does seem to be quite arrognant but it was directed at the 1.8T driver and not anyone else. I should have toned down on the comment but it was still fresh in my memory and that resulted in the bluntness of the message.

↡ Advertisement

Your comment "

even if I said you're wrong you'd still think you're not wrong"

seemed to imply that what i did was wrong. That was why I decided to seek clarification.

âSo you agree that I'm not wrong. Good. Then why continue to comment "

It turned out that my hypothetical premise was right, going by the long essay you've written to justify yourself".

I don't go around "smoking" every car i see for no reason. Only when people try to be funny with me. I'm sure most would have reacted the same as me. He was not satisifed even after I had given way to him and from his face so dangerously close in the rerview mirror, i can tell that his intention was to provoke me. In such a situation, even if i had continued to give way to him by turning to the next lane, he would have followed me. So the next best thing to do was to just move off.

After reading through my first post again, it does seem to be quite arrognant but it was directed at the 1.8T driver and not anyone else. I should have toned down on the comment but it was still fresh in my memory and that resulted in the bluntness of the message.

While I can understand how you felt, @soya is absolutely right. Whatever happens on the road, stays on the road. It's passe to rant in forums.

Moreover, your rant was totally irrelevant to the context of your reply.

As yes, I felt your post was arrogant, because of your "hahahahahaha" after smoking him

• Praise 1

While I can understand how you felt, @soya is absolutely right. Whatever happens on the road, stays on the road. It's passe to rant in forums.

Moreover, your rant was totally irrelevant to the context of your reply.

As yes, I felt your post was arrogant, because of your "hahahahahaha" after smoking him

• Praise 3

there's nothing wrong with the action of you pulling away from some idiot on the road.

it's the initial post of berating, laughing and mocking of the b&b car for even trying and being unable to keep up with your self proclaimed "performance" car.

no need yayapapaya la.. family car race with family car, then post online suan each other... end up other people see liao also laugh.. what's the point?

• Praise 4

but then again, your initial post was also quite entertaining, reminding of the old old TCC forums, nostalgic, hehehe...

Edited by Mr_b20

there's nothing wrong with the action of you pulling away from some idiot on the road.

it's the initial post of berating, laughing and mocking of the b&b car for even trying and being unable to keep up with your self proclaimed "performance" car.

no need yayapapaya la.. family car race with family car, then post online suan each other... end up other people see liao also laugh.. what's the point?

Just to clarify, (not being arrogant, need to explicitly state this first [laugh] ) but the A4 2.0 Quattro is indeed classified as a performance/sports sedan. Not I say one hor, the car reviews say one [laugh] .

https://www.cars.com/articles/luxury-sports-sedan-challenge-is-the-bmw-3-series-still-best-1420695984144/

https://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-audi-a4-vs-2016-bmw-3-series-which-is-better-255378

I think when people talk about bread and butter cars, they are usually refering to Toyota Altis, Honda Civic, Kia Cerato kind of cars which has less than 150bhp.

Even thought i am driving the A4 Quattro, when i see an S4 or RS4, i will also know my limits and not go disturb them. In this case, the 1.8T should know his limits and not come to purposely disturb me. But still, he did that. So I don't think its fair for you to say what you said about me. 

Anyway, i already said that it was not right of me to comment as i did in the first post and I am moving pass this already. Next time don't rant online. I get it! Can we just move pass it already?  :a-bang:

Edited by Audi1980
  • Praise 1

Those were the delphiforum days.. lol

Ahhhh......delphiforums. The time when G9 ‘rolla and Vios drivers were 2F2F n their 1.5/1.6NA family car could chiat everyone. Wahaha
  • Praise 2

The point is he is trying to show that he has status n pride . Actually online does not need to show anything. Who will bother with how high a status n pride a mcf member have?

I vote to move on and welcome new member, even if some feathers were ruffled by him...

Must have some leeway to shout and say stupid things... otherwise forum really will just die and become old boys (men) club, as per what HWZ has commented about MCF - which is mostly true.

• Praise 1

I vote to move on and welcome new member, even if some feathers were ruffled by him...

Must have some leeway to shout and say stupid things... otherwise forum really will just die and become old boys (men) club, as per what HWZ has commented about MCF - which is mostly true.

Toyota,

Thanks for standing up and helping me to move on from this. I really appreciate it.

I also thank all the rest who decided to let things rest. I had already said many times that the things i said in the first post was not right and was only done in anger which was directed at the other driver.

Anyway, to those who still don't want to move on and are still bombarding me, well, all I can say is that there is nothing else I can do (can't even remove the post even if I wanted to). You call call me names and say negative things in your comments to me, I will just bear with it. I have said my piece and told my side of the story. Whether you want to continue to attack me is up to you.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this matter. Thanks.

Ahhhh......delphiforums. The time when G9 ârolla and Vios drivers were 2F2F n their 1.5/1.6NA family car could chiat everyone. Wahaha

Ya. Because of Initial D too.

Many 2F2F... The OG and rounding days.

Heh heh

Toyota,

Thanks for standing up and helping me to move on from this. I really appreciate it.

I also thank all the rest who decided to let things rest. I had already said many times that the things i said in the first post was not right and was only done in anger which was directed at the other driver.

Anyway, to those who still don't want to move on and are still bombarding me, well, all I can say is that there is nothing else I can do (can't even remove the post even if I wanted to). You call call me names and say negative things in your comments to me, I will just bear with it. I have said my piece and told my side of the story. Whether you want to continue to attack me is up to you.

This is the last thing I am going to say about this matter. Thanks.

Cheers mate

So did anyone booked the 2.0 at $152,999? What’s the package like?

Wonder whether VC would still be at the SMS price. 

Can't seem to find the a4 promo page on the PA's website anymore. Anyone went down to showroom to check out?

Wonder whether VC would still be at the SMS price.

Can't seem to find the a4 promo page on the PA's website anymore. Anyone went down to showroom to check out?

COE drop $3k but price drop $7k. Sign of times to come?

COE drop $3k but price drop $7k. Sign of times to come?

Maybe it's PA tweaking the price to make it more in line as an entry level a4 after the 1.4 is no longer available in sg.

My very wild guess is because a facelift may be imminent, therefore clearing stock.

↡ Advertisement