2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

It's been some times since the A4 B9 has been on the market already.

Can any bros here driving the B9 1.4 or 2.0 or the mild hybrid version share about the engine oil consumption? 

My mother in law's B8 A4 2.0 is consuming about 1L of engine oil every 3 months. Mileage is around 1.5K KM per month.

↡ Advertisement

On 10/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, M3ngl4ng said:

Hi Guys, i am thinking of buying 5 years old a4 b9. What should i be watching out? Is this even advisable? 

I'd be looking out for the engine oil consumption and smoothness of the DSG gear changes.

Also, if possible, try to get 1 with full servicing records as u don't want to end up with a high mileage unit and end up spending tonnes of money changing the wear n tear parts. You'll soon end up with a depreciation of equal to or higher than buying a new A4 B9.

For german luxury brands, I'd be very careful to buy 1 without warranty.. In fact, that is one of the reason why I'm selling my F20 1 series as the warranty is expiring soon, even though the car has been pretty reliable for me thus far.

Edited by Rickster

On 10/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, Rickster said:

Can any bros here driving the B9 1.4 or 2.0 or the mild hybrid version share about the engine oil consumption? 

My mother in law's B8 A4 2.0 is consuming about 1L of engine oil every 3 months. Mileage is around 1.5K KM per month.

driving a 1.4 for 70k km, so far never top up engine oil

• Praise 1

A bit high for 4.5k km for 1 liter. Maybe some seal broken. Get it check. At optimum, 1L for 15k km. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 10/26/2020 at 11:07 AM, Rickster said:

I'd be looking out for the engine oil consumption and smoothness of the DSG gear changes.

Also, if possible, try to get 1 with full servicing records as u don't want to end up with a high mileage unit and end up spending tonnes of money changing the wear n tear parts. You'll soon end up with a depreciation of equal to or higher than buying a new A4 B9.

For german luxury brands, I'd be very careful to buy 1 without warranty.. In fact, that is one of the reason why I'm selling my F20 1 series as the warranty is expiring soon, even though the car has been pretty reliable for me thus far.

Thanks. Bought it already... got my workshop to check today. So far so good. By the way, any group chat I can join?

Neutral Newbie

About there (when I had my B9 A4).

During servicing, SA will inform and topup for free (if within warranty).

Neutral Newbie
On 10/22/2020 at 9:03 AM, M3ngl4ng said:

Hi Guys, i am thinking of buying 5 years old a4 b9. What should i be watching out? Is this even advisable? 

Mine was the B9 1.4T, had it for almost 3 years.

Some niggling issues I encountered:
1. Loud radiator fan noise (even when car is not hot or just driven)
2. Central locking fault, during journey the car keeps on trying to auto lock
3. Suspension noises when gg over humps
4. Minor engine oil consumption

I think in 2017 they made 5 years warranty become standard for all new Audi cars so I'd get one with this.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone got the magnetic sun blinds installed?

Any recommendation  how and where to get them installed? Can just buy off lazada online or is there some tricky installation step required?

Edited by kekada

Hi. I just booked a new 2020 A4 2.0 Sedan Mild Hybrid. No meaningful freebies (like dashcam, solar film or service) included with the package. Is this normal for Audi?

First time buying Audi so wondering.

Thanks for your feedback.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:46 PM, gregintown said:

Hi. I just booked a new 2020 A4 2.0 Sedan Mild Hybrid. No meaningful freebies (like dashcam, solar film or service) included with the package. Is this normal for Audi?

First time buying Audi so wondering.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes

Also, has anyone tried not servicing their Audi with PA during warranty and then later claimed warranty for something?
Will like to know how you managed the third party servicing and what kind of records and paper trail was required to convince PA to honour their warranty.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:09 PM, gregintown said:

Also, has anyone tried not servicing their Audi with PA during warranty and then later claimed warranty for something?
Will like to know how you managed the third party servicing and what kind of records and paper trail was required to convince PA to honour their warranty.

They will void your warranty even if you service your car late (low mileage)! 

Needless to say, by not servicing the vehicle with them - you can kiss your warranty goodbye. 

↡ Advertisement